The Japanese launch trailers for the Resident Evil games biohazard 0 HD REMASTER, biohazard HD REMASTER, biohazard 4, and the physical biohazard Origins Collection which are out now. Buy the collection here and use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 off.
The survival horror classics biohazard 0 HD REMASTER, biohazard HD REMASTER, and biohazard 4 are all available to preload on the Nintendo Switch eShop in Japan, with each priced at ¥3,300, all supporting English, and requiring 13.6 GB, 16.2 GB, and 12.0 GB respectively.
Capcom have announced that Biohazard 0 HD Remaster, Biohazard HD Remaster, and Biohazard 4 will all release in Japan on 23 May 2019 priced at ¥3,300 each on the eShop. Biohazard Origins Collection will also release at retail for ¥5,940 with 0 on the game card and 1 as a download code. Many thanks to Naruki. Box art added below…
● Capcom USA announced that Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0, and Resident Evil 4 will each be launching on Nintendo Switch in 2019.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. updated their EXCITEBOTS TRICK RACING and GLORY OF HERACLES trademarks in Japan including for videogame and smartphone game. Trademarks added here and here .
● GameFly lists the Yoshi’s Crafted World North American release date for 29 March 2019 (thanks to Hero of Legend).
● Super Mario Odyssey celebrated its first anniversary yesterday with the artwork (here) and a free Cappy hat in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (pictures here).
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Forging Bonds: Dueling Desires yesterday and Summoning Focus: Voting Gauntlet today (featuring Delta, Reinhardt, Tailtiu, Odin, Ishtar, Ophelia, Olwen and Linda).
● Check out the first promo video for Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Missionhere.
● And KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch will get OTORII (Sega) and EBINA (Taito) gadgets in early 2019 as DLC with OTORII including OutRun and After Burner, and EBINA including Darius and Ninja Warriors (thanks to naruki).
Both Biohazard Revelations: Unveiled Edition and Biohazard Revelations 2 will include new 8-bit games. The former adds the attack type shooter GHOSTSHIP PANIC whilst the latter adds the action platformer GHOULS’N HOMUNCULI. It looks like both are exclusive to the Nintendo Switch versions. Trailers for both games added below…
Tuesday update with Resident Evil Revelations for Switch, Monster Hunter XX demo, new Senran Kagura pinball game, plus lots more!
● Capcom will be bringing Resident Evil to Nintendo Switch in late 2017 although *only* the Revelations games at present. Biohazard Revelations: Unveiled Edition and Biohazard Revelations 2 look like being separate releases in Japan although will be sold as Resident Evil Revelations Collection at retail in the west.
● Capcom also announced a Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. demo for the Japanese Nintendo Switch eShop available next week (10 August) with three quests available, local (not online) multi-player and around 1.8 GB space required.
● Marvelous have announced a Senran Kagura-themed pinball game entitled PEACH BALL: Senran Kagura for Nintendo Switch. No release date nor price at present. The eShop title Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura will release in 2017 priced at ¥1,000.
● Teyon Japan will be releasing Cube Life: Pixel Action Heroes on the Japanese Wii U eShop on 9 August alongside a demo. Cube Life: Pixel Action Heroes is the sequel to the relatively successful Cube Life: Island Survival.
● The Nintendo Switch has been updated to Version 3.0.1 which ‘Addresses an issue in which the remaining battery charge can’t be displayed accurately’.
● Nobunaga no Yabou: Taishi will release for Nintendo Switch on 30 November 2017 priced at ¥9,504 with a theme song by MISIA.
● This week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu confirms that both Cordelia and Female Robin will be added to Fire Emblem Musou. The issue also looks at Splatoon 2, The Snack World: Trejarers, Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo and more!
● This week’s Weekly Famitsu scores saw Splatoon 2 with 37/40, The Snack World: Trejarers with 35/40 and Crystareino with 26/40. Next week should finally see the Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete review.
● Today’s content update to Miitomo saw the return of the three ‘Splish Splash Party! Stylish Sea Series’ Miitomo Drop stages including Mermaid Set, Dolphin Costume and an Octopus! See all the returning items here.
● And today’s content update to Fire Emblem Heroes saw the Battle at the Beach Voting Gauntlet with Gaius vs. Frederick, Robin vs. Tiki, Leo vs. Xander and Corrin vs. Elise in Round 1. There are also special limited-time quests available, with Orbs as rewards.
● Bandai Candy are releasing packets of six Kirby gummy sweets in Japan from 8 August priced at ¥151 ($1.37) per packet which includes 12 die-cut seals to stick onto notebooks etc. See pictures here.
● Nintendo of America revealed that the new Splatoon 2 Splatfest stage translated as Twilight/Mystery Zone will be called ‘Shifty Station’, and that this new stage can transform between Splatfests.
● A Pokkén Tournament DX Pikachu Introduction Video here .
● Nintendo published ten recommended games for Summer over on their Topics pages here.
● New Pokémon GO official goods are available at Yokohama Pokemon Center. Details here.
● Some official Super Mario Odyssey smartphone wallpaper here.
Capcom will release Resident Evil Revelations Collection (Biohazard Revelations in Japan) in late 2017. The retail version contains Resident Evil Revelations 1 with a download code for 2. Both games will also be available on the eShop. Announcement trailer for the PS4 and XB1 version of 1 below…
Edit: Famitsu report that Biohazard Revelations: Unveiled Edition and Biohazard Revelations 2 will be separate releases in Japan (source).
Capcom are listing the Wii Resident Evil games Biohazard 4: Wii Edition and Biohazard: The Umbrella Chronicles as available now on the Japanese Wii eShop priced at ¥2,700 each. I’m on vacation at the moment so unable to verify whether they are available until I get home on Saturday (they aren’t listed on the Nintendo homepage).
Edit: Despite Capcom stating these are on the Wii U eShop, they at time of writing are not!
A Bathing Ape are have designed eleven A Bathing Ape × Capcom Tee Shirts that they will debut at the Tokyo Game Show from 15 – 18 September and will be for sale from the 17th. The Tee Shirts aren’t cheap (¥8,424 each or ¥10,800 for the Capcom characters tee with tote bag). The series covered are Biohazard (Resident Evil), Rockman (Mega Man), Makaimura (Ghosts ‘n’ Goblins), Street Fighter II/V, Monster Hunter and Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Attorney). I’ve added pictures of my favourite six below and go to https://bape.com/capcom/ to see them all!