The Meowth gift is available to all players of Pokémon Sword / Shield. It’ll give players a Level 5 Meowth capable of Gigantamaxing (but not evolving) and the moves Fake Out, Growl, Slash, and Pay Day. Go to Mystery Gift (available after choosing your starter, finding Wooloo, and letting your Mother known you’re going to Wedgehurst) and connect to the interweb to receive your Meowth! Buy the game here and use the code JPNINTENDO for 5% off.
The December 2019 issue of CoroCoro Ichiban appears to leak Gigantamax Eevee, Pikachu, Meowth, and Charizard for Pokémon Sword / Shield. The magazine is out on 21 October in Japan. It’s unknown whether this will be part of the Pokémon news due later today. Post to be updated with official images once available. CoroCoro Ichiban cover added below.
Edit: see this post for official artwork and trailer.
● Pocket Monsters: Let’s Go! Pikachu／Eevee is the fastest-selling Nintendo Switch game to date selling three million worldwide in its opening week. Japanese numbers are 661,240 with Media Create data and 664,198 with Famitsu data. The split for the Pikachu and Eevee versions is 55.08% – 44.92% in Japan.
● Nintendo announced a Ver.4.3.0 for Splatoon 2 on 05 December adding the final ever weapons to the game plus some new gear abilities. The game will continue to see balance matches and Splatfests until next July. Full details posted here.
● Nintendo also announced that Luma, Pauline and Boom Boom will all be playable characters in Mario Tennis Ace(s), arriving between January and March 2019. Trailer posted here
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced Super Robot Taisen T (Super Robot Wars T) for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 release in 2019. Promo video posted here.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment also announced that GIRLS und PANZER Dream Tank Match DX is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019. Check out the first two Switch screens here and here.
● Koei Tecmo Games announced that DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Scarlet will be coming to Nintendo Switch on 20 March 2019. A Basic Free Version is also planned for a later date.
● Sega Games announced the 2D fighting game Blade Arcus Rebellion from Shining for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, release on 14 March 2019.
● Sega aldo announced that SEGA AGES OutRun will release in 2018 priced at ¥999. The Switch version will be 60fps, support widescreen gyro control and additional BGM.
● Arc System Works announced the 3D fighting game KILL la KILL the GAME IF for Nintendo Switch adding Nui Harime and Ragyou Kiryuuin to the game. Videos posted here.
● BEIO WOLF announced the 3D action game Project Ragnarok (tentative name) for Nintendo Switch with the game pencilled in for a Fall release in Japan. Trailer posted here.
● Entergram announced the visual novel game Repkiss will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 20 December priced at ¥4,980. Demo now available too!
● And Amazon Japan will be selling a limited (50) Dairantou Smash Bros. Series 63 amiibo Set from 07 December containing storage box, all 63 released Smash Bros. amiibo and a wall scroll. No price has been determined. Image posted here.
● UNICO inc. announced the cat-themed puzzle game Tokotoko Neko Puzzle: Schrodinger no Hakoniwa (Schrodinger’s miniature garden) for release on the Japanese 3DS eShop on 28 November priced at ¥500.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp celebrated the first anniversary of its worldwide release with a first-anniv. music box (pictured here). Check out the details of Fishing Tourney #8 here and reissued Wonderland items here. A huge update is also planned for this upcoming week adding a new Cabin feature and more. Full details posted here.
● Dragalia Lost saw the Platinum Showcase begin tomorrow, where one summon will get you 10 results and a 5★ adventurer, wyrmprint, or dragon is guaranteed to appear.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw New Heroes: Fire and Ice featuring Ylgr: Fresh Snowfall and Surtr: Ruler of Flame. Artwork posted here with the trailers posted here. There was also a new Grand Hero Battle featuring Gharnef: Dark Pontifex.
● The next Pokémon GO Community Day will run from 30 November – 03 December and will brings back all previous Community Day Pokémon. Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Eevee, Dratini, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Mareep, Larvitar, and Beldum will also appear in the wild.
● Super Mario Run saw the return of the Loads of Coins event until 07 December where winning at Toad Rally earns you 1.5 times as many coins as usual.
● Arc System Works Asia announced a Psikyo Collection Vol. 3 retail release which includes the games STRIKERS1945 Ⅲ, Sengoku Cannon, GUNBARICH and ZERO GUNNER 2. STRIKERS1945 Ⅲ (STRIKERS1999 in Japan) is currently unreleased.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. applied for a Nintendo GameCube controller trademark in Japan for purposes including home console and smartphone controller. Check out the images used by Nintendo for the trademark here.
● Nintendo also applied for new videogame (including smartphone) trademarks for KIRBY’S DREAM LAND, ART ACADEMY and BOWSER’S INSIDE STORY. Check out the actual applications here, here and here.
● Intelligent Systems Co., Ltd. applied for a カクトデール (literally ‘Kakutodale’) trademark in Japan for purposes including ‘program for home video game machine’ and ‘program for smartphone’. Check out the actual application here.
● The final notable new trademark application is Nintendo Co., Ltd., Creatures Co., Ltd. and Game Freak Inc. with ミラクルツイン (literally ‘Miracle Twin’). Check out the actual application here.
● Bandai announced two Eevee × Tamagotchi toys for release on 26 January with Eievui × Tamagotchi Daisuki Eievui ver. in brown and Eievui × Tamagotchi Colourful Friends ver. in pink. Images posted here.
● The Kirby Café in Tokyo SKYTREE TOWN will now close on 02 June 2019 (instead of 17 February). Short clip posted here.
● Watch all the footage Nintendo Live 2018 from Kyoto including ARMS JAPAN GRAND PRIX 2018, Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL Premium Fight, Mario Tennis Ace Japan Open and The 4th Splatoon Koshien here.
● Two commercials for Nintendo Switch Winter 2018-2019 featuring Nintendo Labo, Pokémon Let’s Go, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Super Mario Party, Mario Tennis Ace, 1-2-Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe here.
● And three new TV commercials for Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate) here.
The second set of Pokémon Teacup Time Mascots will be available in Japanese Gashapon vending machines tomorrow (15 May) for ¥300 a shot ($2.6) with (from top-to-bottm): Pikachu, Mew, Meowth, Snorlax and Magikarp…
Game Boy Color, Super Mario Stickers, Ditto in Pokémon GO, Meowth plushie and Metroid × Miitomo
● Just time for a brief update. Normal website service should resume from tomorrow after two weeks covering running the office and warehouse! The lead picture is from Lëkki who have again revamped and customised a Game Boy Colour in the above Terrazzo edition which they are selling here for €100 along with a Mario game.
● A set of awesome animated Super Mario Bros. 8-Bit Stickers are available on LINE including Good Morning Toad! The stickers are priced at 100 LINE coins, ¥240, £1.49 or equivalent.
● Ditto is finally and officially in Pokémon GO! I haven’t caught him yet but the official video announcement is here.
● The above Pokémon PC cushion Meowth is releasing in March priced at ¥5,616. Meowth follows Pikachu and Eevee as the latest in Bandai’s amazing giant plushie Pokémon cushion range!
● Finally, Metroid promo items have returned to Miitomo and My Nintendo. The above pictured is my Metroid Hat, I think a Samus suit as well as a Squid badge! Check back later for Kinopio-kun and Baito-kun posts!
Bandai are releasing the above Pokémon PC cushion Meowth in March with detachable armrest. Meowth is 52cm wide, 50cm tall and 34cm fat! Reservations open today until 28 February with an RRP of 5,616 yen. I’ll hopefully add purchase links soon. For now, more pictures added below…
New Pokémon, Yokai Watch 3 on sale, Pokémon GO update, EYERESH announced, new games, themes, sales, videos and more
● New Pokémon from Pokémon Sun Moon have leaked from the latest CoroCoro including the above fish (Yowashi), sandcastles (Sunabaa and Shirodesuna) as well as Alolan Meowth & Marowak. Thanks to Serebii and the original uploader.
● GEO are hosting an Obon sale with Yokai Watch 3 just ¥3,218. New Super Mario Bros. U is the same price. Monster Hunter X and Monster Strike are just ¥1,598 each with Fire Emblem if and Majora’s Mask both ¥2,138 each (source).
● Condolences to the friends and family of Manabu Daishima, a graphic designer with Square Enix who recently passed away from a diving accident (source, thanks to Anime News Network).
● Pokémon GO received a meaty update with the battery saving mode back, the nearby feature being overhauled (select users can test the function) and more. Go here for the full list.
● Newly announced for the Wii U Virtual Console next week are the Taito GBA JRPG Chinmoku No Iseki – Estpolis Gaiden (¥702) and the Nintendo DS action puzzler Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: Mini Mini Daikoushin! (¥950).
● The 3DS eShop will see the Media5 software Maru Pass! Social Worker Test 2016 Fiscal Year Edition (¥2,800) and the third and fourth volume of the Shogakukan Grandpa Danger digital manga (¥100 each).
● Remedia announced EYERESH for Nintendo 3DS releasing on 31 August priced at ¥1,500 (launch price ¥800). The game is a pseudo-sequel to Sight Training for Nintendo DS.
● Seven new themes have been added to the 3DS Theme Shop including Ashley’s Recipes (video here). Go here to see the full list.
● There’s also a Theme Shop Summer Sale with ten first party themes just ¥100 until 15 August. Go here for the list!
● Rune Factory 4 will be half-price on the eShop from 17 August – 7 September at just ¥2,685.
● Girls Mode 3 has added items from the overseas edition featuring many popular game characters and series (Splatoon, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer etc). Go here for all the pictured apparel.