Cotton Reboot Moved to 2020
Japanese retro game shop BEEP have the release of the classic side-scrolling shoot ’em up Cotton Reboot to Spring 2020. Check out the first promo video below and the teaser website here.Continue reading
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Japanese retro game shop BEEP announced the classic side-scrolling shoot ’em up Cotton for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, X68000, and Steam as Cotton Reboot for 2019 release with the Switch version including a physical release and a new arrange mode. Check out screenshots at this post.
● Another shoot ‘em up game announced was M2 announcing the Cave／Atlus bullet hell game ESP RA.DE. for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 release in late 2019. Check out the first promo video here.
● Idea Factory announced the visual novel collection BROTHERS CONFLICT Precious Baby (containing both Brilliant Blue and Passion Pink ) for release on Nintendo Switch on 29 August. Promo videos posted here.
● Next month’s issue of CoroCoro Ichiban, due out on 21 June, will feature information on Pokémon Sword／Shield. It’s likely the information will be the same as what will be revealed at E3 easier in the month.
● A GameXplain video revealed that the Nintendo Switch version of Resident Evil 4 does not contain the Wii’s original motion controls.
● Kakehashi Games will see their 100th Japanese Switch localisation release on the eShop this week with Team17’s prison break simulation game The Escapists: Complete Edition. Check out the trailer here.
● Zodiac Interactive announced the visual novel game One-Way Ticket for Switch release in June. Japanese voice is supported so I’ll do a separate post once details emerge of the inevitable domestic release. Check out the trailer here.
● TECOPARK revealed that the coop action puzzle game PICO PARK has gone gold with the release date expected very soon. Check out the Indie World trailer here.
● Matt Thorson (Matt Makes Games) tweeted that: “We’re finishing up the script for Celeste Chapter 9 this week and next! We originally weren’t planning to do any story but… then we did :P”
● Check out this week’s current Japanese Switch eShop line-up at this post with Team Sonic Racing, which released a few hours ago, as the highlight.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Garden Event: Digby’s Artful Retreat and Gyroid Scavenger Hunt: Denim available for Reissue Crafting. Today also saw a #ACPCBand (#ポケ森バンド) Twitter Photo Challenge where you can post pictures of your campsite or cabin with a musical theme and use the relevant hashtags.
● Dragalia Lost saw the Eastern Emissaries summon showcase begin with limited-time adventurer Ieyasu and dragon Marishiten detailed here. New Void Enemies and Void Battle Limited-Time Endeavors are also available with Gust Shroom, Violet Ghost, and Amber Golem detailed here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Corrin: Fateful Prince and Kana: Dragon Princess waiting in Special Maps for Bound Hero Battle Revival: Corrin & Kana. Tomorrow will see Special Heroes (Bridal Belonging) featuring Tanith: Forthright Heart, Sigrun: Steadfast Bride, Pent: Fancy Fiancé, and Fjorm: Bride of Rime. Check out the introduction video here with artwork to follow. The next Tempest Trials+ event will see Special Hero Louise: Eternal Devotion.
● Successful Mario Kart Tour beta applicants are starting to receive their emails.
● Pokémon Quest’s upcoming Chinese release will include a brand new Player vs Player mode with beta testing beginning this Summer.
● The Splatoon 2 World Champions GGBOYZ (as Fukuoka Softbank Hawks) lost in the finals of the NPB eSports Series to Hyper Beam (as Yokohama DeNA Bay Stars).
● GEO rankings saw Ys Celceta no Jukai：Kai open at number one, the highest Switch game is Minecraft at number three.
● COMG! rankings indicate a slow week with Minecraft at number one with just 15 pts and Ys with 14 pts. Yokai Watch 4: Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale preorders are at 42 pts.
● TSUTAYA rankings had Days Gone at number one for the fourth week, followed by Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +520 (1.38%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 38,210.00 JPY.
● In results from the North American／European Splatfest: Team Teleportation defeated Team Time Travel 3-0 with 58.66% of the Votes, 50.58% of Normal Rules, and 50.53% of Pro Rules.
● In UK charts: Rage 2 opened at number one, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still at six, and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is down two places to number 10.
● Analyst David Gibson (@gibbogame) wrote that “Nintendo itself is looking also to work with MSFT (Azure) to offer its own streaming service in limited regions (JP, US etc).”
● A Nintendo Labo ‘Director Insights, Part 1’ video, with Tsubasa Sakaguchi from Nintendo, here.
● Several short videos for Puchikon 4 SmileBASIC (Petit Computer 4) here.
● The first promo video for Cardfight!! Vanguard EX, featuring “BanG Dream!” by boy band Argonavis, here.
● A Dragalia Lost ‘Building the Best Teams in Dragalia Lost’ video here.
● And a Sisilala TV episode featuring ACA NEOGEO Stakes Winner here.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!
Japanese retro game shop BEEP have announced a reboot of the classic side-scrolling shoot ’em up Cotton as Cotton Reboot, releasing this year on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam. BEEP also intend to release the game on floppy disk for X68000! The Switch version will be both physical and digital, adding an arrange mode as well as the original mode. Screenshots added below. Thanks to Naruki and Famitsu.Continue reading