Japanese Software Charts Week 44
This week’s Japanese software charts sees Pikmin 3 Deluxe as the new number one, opening with almost 70k more than the Wii U original!
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe (Switch) – 171,349
- Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster (Switch) – 52,481
- Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster (PS4) – 48,830
- Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4) – 40,962
- Ring Fit Adventure (Switch) – 29,086
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) – 24,009
- GreedFall (PS4) – 13,292
- KAMEN RIDER memory of heroez (Switch) – 11,683
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) – 9,569
- Pokémon Sword & Shield (Switch) – 9,421
Notes: Above data is thanks to Famitsu. Nintendo Switch hardware is at 86,985 units sold for the week (66,682 for the original model and 20,202 for the Nintendo Switch Lite) and Nintendo 3DS hardware is at 1,467 for the week (29 for the New 3DS LL and 1,438 for the New 2DS LL). New entries are bolded. The original Pikmin 3 game opened with 102,188 units sold on Wii U. The Switch version even outsold every other Pikmin series title!
Nintendo Switch releases next week include the Nintendo Switch Fortnite Special Set hardware bundle with console and game, the Pokémon Sword & Shield + Expansion Pass package containing either Sword or Shield with both Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra, Shadowverse Champions Battle from Cygames, Ouchi de Rilakkuma: Rilakkuma ga Ouchi ni Yattekita from Nippon Columbia, Mary Skelter Finale from Compile Heart, Bakugan: Champions of Vestroia from Warner, Alpaca Ball Allstars from Leoful, and Descenders from Game Source Entertainment.
This week’s full Nintendo-only data will soon be available at this link (usually posted on Fridays) and will include both this week’s numbers and lifetime-to-date numbers for both Nintendo software and hardware. Check out lifetime sales for all Nintendo hardware here and for the top-selling first-party Nintendo Switch software here.