Tuesday Update：Shinzo Abe Declares State of Emergency, Plus More News。
Please support me by buying me a coffee!
● One of the biggest news days I’ve ever known: Japan’s PM Shinzo Abe declared a state of emergency in Tokyo, Chiba, Kanagawa, Saitama, Osaka, Hyogo, and Fukuoka. Some of the knock-on effects are detailed below…
● Nintendo have suspended domestic Nintendo Switch shipments in Japan for at least this week. Shipments will continue in Europe and the Americas. Production has resumed in China and Vietnam, although has yet to fully recover. Digitimes report that production has been ramped up by 20% in the past two weeks.
● The Computer Entertainment Rating Organization (CERO) announced suspension of operations from April 8 until May 6 at the earliest and will be unable to review games from home. Nintendo’s next two releases (Xenoblade Definitive Edition and Sekai no Asobi Taizen 51 have both been rated). Games announced (and ones not publicly announced) for the second half of 2020 will likely be affected.
● Many stores will be closed from tomorrow for the foreseeable future including Nintendo TOKYO, both Kirby Café TOKYO and its merchandising store, and Pokémon Center stores all affected.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate director Masahiro Sakurai wrote that he is now working remotely and supervising the Fighter(s) Pass 2 DLC from afar.
● AQUASTYLE updated Fushigi no Gensokyo -Lotus Labyrinth- to Version 1.13 on Switch fixing a bug from the previous (Ver.1.12) update where the game wouldn’t start under certain conditions.
● SNK updated SAMURAI SPIRITS (SAMURAI SHODOWN) to Version 1.72 fixing a battle-based bug.
● Check out the first screenshots (and video!) for Wing Hero: Hawks in My Hero: One’s Justice 2 here.
● Team17 released the Overcooked! 2 – Gourmet Edition (known as “Overcooked２：Shin no Shokutsuu Edition (” in Japan) on the Switch eShop containing the Carnival of Chaos, Campfire Cook Off, Night of the Hangry Horde, Surf ‘n’ Turf, and Too Many Cooks Pack DLC.
● Wobbly Tooth announced that the open world investigation game The Casebook of Arkady Smith will release for Switch worldwide on April 16 priced at ¥1,000. Trailer posted here.
● Armor Games Studios announced that the aerial combat shooter Jet Lancer is coming to the Japanese Switch eShop courtesy of Kakehashi Games who are handling the localisation. The game releases on May 12, at least in the west. Trailer posted here.
● Forever Entertainment announced that the thief simulation game Thief Simulator has sold 300,000 copies on Switch in Europe and North America.
● Hanaji Games’ Switch release of the shoot ’em up Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo may not make the April release window as was the original intent.
● Another shoot ’em up possibly delayed is Rigid Force Redux from Chorus Worldwide, which is yet to be rated.
● WayForward updated the Switch version of River City Girls adding revamped interaction with doors and NPCs, an altered secret ending, a few difficulty tweaks, and numerous other fixes.
● Dragalia Lost will see maintenance on April 14 for approximately two hours from 07:00 UTC.
● Fire Emblem Heroes updated to Version 4.4.0 where players can now choose a free 5-star Hero from New Heroes summoning events (once per event) after summoning 40 times from that event, Limited Hero Battles and Lost Lore: Spoils are now available, and you can now use Divine Codes to compile limited-time Combat Manuals.
● Famitsu / Dengeki Game Awards 2019 nominees for Game of the Year are Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Pokémon Sword & Shield, Death Stranding, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
● Famitsu posted the top-selling game, console, and publisher of March 2020 (reposted here) with Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Nintendo Switch, and Nintendo taking the honours!
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +270 (0.63%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 43,190.00 JPY.
● What would’ve been the top story on 95% of days: the LEGO Super Mario Starter Kit releases on August 1 with a Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Pass and Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle and Expansion Pass also announced. Check out an introduction video with designer, Jonathan Bennink here.
● Inti Creates announced that the Blaster Master Zero series has sold 250,000 units and will be adding Empress from Dragon Marked For Death to the second game on April 21 for ¥200. Inti Creates also revealed that Dragon Marked For Death has sold 120,000 units soon Switch, with a Steam version announced for April 21.
● Chorus Worldwide are set to announce two new games later this month, although have yet to tease the platform(s) for the games.
● Nintendo encouraged the use of 2-Step Verification across its Switch system due to an increase in misuse of credit card information for fraudulent behaviour this month.
● Nintendo’s Repair update is now 10-14 days in Japan, 15 working days in Europe, and not applicable in North America (the repair centers have closed until further notice).
● A 15 second teaser commercial for Shadowverse Champions Battle here.
● A gameplay video for Puchitto Cluster here.
● And a Denjin☆Getcha! segment for SPACE INVADERS INVINCIBLE COLLECTION here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, shop at our affiliate page, and buy me a coffee! Stay safe!