Friday Update：Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore, Dark Samus & Richter Amiibo Launch, Plus More！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Today sees the launch of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore for Nintendo Switch, plus the Dark Samus and Richter Belmont amiibo in much of the world! At time of posting, the game is currently at number 10 on the Japanese Switch eShop charts.
● The “Chain the Future to Spirits!” spirit event is now live in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with four ASTRAL CHAIN spirits Hero (male), Hero (female), Kyle, and Lappy all pictured here. Also, check out the new fighter roster poster here.
● Check out new screenshots and artwork for Balthus, Constance, Hapi and Yuri from the Fire Emblem: Three Houses “Cindered Shadows DLC at this post.
● Check out the Pokémon Sword & Shield Version 1.1.0 patch notes, which have finally been posted by Nintendo of America, here.
● The next DLC fighter for Dragon Ball FighterZ will be Ultra Instinct Goku, with more information available at the World Tour Finals on 8-9 February.
● After hearing nothing for several months, SNK will be showcasing the SAMURAI SPIRITS NEOGEO COLLECTION at the first two days on EVO Japan (on 24-25 January). The new release window is “2020”.
● The classic shoot ’em up Dezatopia has been submitted to Nintendo for impending release. The Steam version comes out on 24 January. Check out the promo video here.
● The Switch Battle Cats game Futari de! Nyanko Daisensou will definitely be adding a PvP Taisen Mode later this year with the mode playable at World Hobby Fair Winter ’20. Check out the WHF’20 gifts at this post.
● Taito updated Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party!!!! with a huge number of bug fixes and adjustments.
● If you buy Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX from the Japanese Switch eShop before 15 March, you will receive 200 extra My Nintendo Gold Points.
● Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was number one in the Japanese Switch eShop charts this past week with Mom Hid My Game! number one in the Japanese 3DS eShop charts. Check out both top 10s here.
● And the 9th experimental battle “The New Sensation: A View From Behind!” is now live in Goonya Fighter, with the game also updating to Version 1.0.9.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp received an in-app update with new Happy Homeroom classes, maximum friendship increasing to level 45, and an expanded inventory space. Check out the full patch notes (with Goldie picture!) here. Today also saw the Li’l Snowy Cookie (image here).
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Tap Battle: Illusory Dungeon: Wings Carry Me begin featuring music from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore.
● Super Mario Run saw the return of the Loads of Coins event where winning at Toad Rally will net you 1.5 times more coins than usual.
● The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Elementary and Junior High School Tournaments will be returning this year across Nagoya, Sapporo, Fukuoka, Osaka, and Tokyo from May to August. Check out the trophy here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +30 (0.07%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 42,990.00 JPY. The company are also newly recruiting for a Network Service Verification Engineer. Check out more details here.
● The Dragon Quest Builders 2 producer Takuma Shiraishi says he is currently producing a game that is not Builders. Another Dragon Quest producer, this time Monsters and Taichi Inuzuka, indicates that we shouldn’t expect the series’ next console entry anytime soon.
● The Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition Free Style trailer.
● A Japanese TV commercial for FAIRY TAIL.
● More character trailers for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 with Sabo, Rob Lucci, and Trafalgar Law.
● The debut trailer for Prison Princess.
● A Winning Post 9 2020 promo video.
● A Japanese trailer for Just Dance 2020.
● The English launch trailer for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore.
● The introduction trailer for Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story.
● The Japanese launch trailer for Akai Ribbon ～Kimyou na Yume～ (Red Bow).
● A developer interview with the SEGA AGES Shinobi development team.
● Another Root Film video message collection video.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!