Weekly Update：Yo-kai Gakuen Y, Brain Training, Pokémon Tower Battle, Monster Hunter, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Relatively busy Christmas week with Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino announcing a Yo-kai Gakuen Y videogame is in development via a tweet posting the game’s first screenshot, although no platform nor release date were revealed.
● From the Monday Update: Universal Studios Japan began recruitment for Super Nintendo World, Game Studio announced Kishi Fujii Souta no Shogi Training for Switch, and Nintendo announced January and April updates for Splatoon 2.
● From the Christmas Eve Update: Pokémon Tower Battle released on Facebook, SEGA Interactive will merge into SEGA Games, Root Film will release on 23 April, and Real Time Battle Shogi Online will release on 09 January.
● From the Christmas Day Update: Dragalia Lost will see a collaboration with Monster Hunter in late January, City Connection announced Super Real Mahjong PV LOVE♡2～7!, Flyhigh Works announced physical Shovel Knight, Human Resource Machine Deluxe, and Celeste, Prototype announced Little Busters! Converted Edition, and METAL MAX Xeno Reborn will release on 26 March.
● From the Boxing Day Update: Dr. Mario World added Dr. Dry Bowser, THQ Nordic Japan announced Darksiders Genesis and a SpongeBob game for Japan, Pokémon Sword / Shield is the Christmas number one selling 288,199, and Kirby topped this month’s Nintendo Dream Character Poll.
● From the Friday Update: Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch released in Japan, Akihito Hino said a Yo-kai Gakuen Y game is in development, NG will be coming to Japan this Summer, a Nintendo Switch New Year Sale was announced, and Starsign shadow dropped Dungeon Shooting.
● From the Weekend Update: Nintendo are no longer updating the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp LINE account, Kowloon’s Gate VR suzaku was confirmed for Switch, and Intelligent Systems are busy working on the Fire Emblem: Three Houses side-story DLC.