Christmas Eve Update：Kirby, Splatoon, Yoiko, Root Film, Sega, And More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Kadokawa Games will publish Root Film for Switch and PS4 on 23 April in Japan priced at ¥7,480. Box art and early purchase benefit pictured here.
● Yoiko will be posting a new Let’s Play video on Boxing Day featuring both Ring Fit Adventure and Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch.
● Extend have updated BUSTAFELLOWS to Version 1.1.0 with bug fixes detailed here.
● SilverStar Japan will publish Real Time Battle Shogi Online on the Japanese Switch eShop on 09 January 2020 priced at ¥2,200. Owners of the original game can purchase it for just ¥100.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp players received a free strawberry holiday cake gifted from Jingle (pictured here).
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw two Special Heroes Revivals: Winter’s Envoy and Gifts of Winter, along with pre-registration for Røkkr Sieges. Full details and list of Heroes here.
● Super Mario Run saw the Increased 6★ Item Appearance Rate event. Check out the full holiday schedule of events at this post.
● Our Weekly Famitsu preview post is up here with the results of the overseas Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition survey receiving 4,222 respondees!
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock goes into Christmas Day at 43,260.00 JPY.
● Sega Sammy Holdings will be renaming Sega Holdings, Sega Group, and SEGA Interactive will merge into SEGA Games as SEGA, or SEGA CORPORATION in full.
● The Pokémon Company released a F2P Pokémon Tower Battle game on the Facebook Gaming platform, developed by Bombayplay and similar to AnimalTower Battle in gameplay.
● A brand new game in the Cotton series is in development and will release for (undisclosed platform or platforms) in 2021.
● A Japanese TV commercial for Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch here.
● Another Japanese trailer for Petoons Party here.
● A second gameplay video for Umihara Kawase BaZooKa!! here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!