Tuesday Update：Animal Crossing Jump Festa Details, Nintendo Shares at 19 Month High, 3DS Update, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo revealed more details of Jump Festa ’20 on 21-21 December with a similar set-up to Nintendo Live 2019 for the Animal Crossing: New Horizons experience including photos with the Nooks and a lottery for a towel. Check out the full details here along with news of a Nintendo stage show.
● With news of an update to Nintendo Switch releasing in China expected tomorrow, Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased again today by +1,150 (2.66%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 44,390.00 JPY, their new highest level for almost 19 months (May 2018).
● Koei Tecmo Games announced Winning Post 9 2020 for Switch, PS4, and PC release next in March adding new race and racehorse data, marriage, clubs, future scenarios, and more. Check out the teaser scan and first screen here.
● This week’s Pokémon Sword / Shield maintenance will take place on 05 December from 14:00 -17:00 JST (04 December from 21:00-00:00 PT). No word on whether the game(S) will be updated.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced a Version 2.20 update for GOD EATER 3 for next week (09 December) which adds Lulu and Ricardo stories to the “Traversing the Past” episode. Promo videos for each character here.
● Konami updated CONTRA ROGUE CORPS adding a Hardcore Mission, two new Carnage League stages, new weapons, new B.A.Ds, and more. Season Pass holders also saw The Gentleman Beetle Pack content. Update trailers posted here.
● Check out the first screenshots for Doraemon Nobita no Shin Kyouryuu (Doraemon: Nobita’s New Dinosaur) here.
● Square-Enix will have trailers for TRIALS of MANA and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition at Jump Festa ’20, although neither title is listed as playable.
● Good-Feel updated MONKEY BARRELS to Version 1.0.1 with a number of improvements including frame rate, difficulty levels, weapons, and user interface. Check out the full patch notes here.
● Teyon Japan announced that the ICE level will be coming to Japanese copies of Human: Fall Flat on 05 December as part of a free update. Check out a couple of gifs and the English launch trailer here.
● Intragames will likely be publishing the Metroidvania game KUNAI in Japan and early 2020 and not The Arcade Crew like in the west.
● CareuX tweeted the two lead characters for next week’s BATTOJUTSU release which I’ve posted here.
● Nintendo 3DS was updated to Version 11.12.0-45J in a rare update that wasn’t about stability. It instead “Resolved an issue where StreetPass would not work in some cases.”
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw many Toy Day holiday items available for reissue crafting.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw new Astra Blessing Quests begin where you can earn Orbs, Hero Feathers, or Stamina Potions.
● Pokémon Sword / Shield was the best-selling game in Japan for November with 1,747,084 units sold. Unsurprisingly The Pokémon Company was the leading software manufacturer with 1,764,000 sales. Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console for the 21st consecutive month selling 568,297 consoles to PlayStation 4’s 39,315. Check out the top five software here.
● This week’s UK charts: saw Call of Duty: Modern Warfare at #1 with Pokémon Sword / Shield at #3 and #5 respectively. Luigi’s Mansion 3 was #6, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was #7, and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 was #9.
● A limited Nintendo Switch + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Bundle containing a Nintendo Switch console with improved battery life* – is now available at selected retailers across the UK priced at £279.99.
● Sony have been certified as the best-selling home video game console brand ever by Guinness World Records, with over 450 million units sold across the original PlayStation, PS2, PS3, and PS4 as of 07 November. This does not include portable console numbers.
● Five x “What is pura-pura?” videos for Yo-kai Watch 4++ here.
● Character trailers for Kanae, Azusa, Sakura, and Kazumi from Koi no Hanasaku Hyakkaen here.
● The second commercial for the packaged version of Obakeidoro! here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!