Monday Update：Super Mario Maker 2 to Add Link & Spike, Nintendo Shares at 18 Month+ High, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Super Mario Maker 2 finally sees a big Version 2 update on Thursday adding Link, the Master Sword, Spike, Pokey, Dash Blocks, P Blocks, Frozen Coins, a new Ninji Speedruns mode, and more! Check out our huge post here with full details, screenshots, and update trailer.
● In Jump Festa ’20 news: Street Fighter V: Champion Edition will be one of Capcom’s two “mystery” games playable at the event. Level-5 confirmed that Megaton-kyu Musashi will be playable. Sega Games / Atlus announced that Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, and Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – The Official Video Game will all be playable.
● Mario Tennis Aces saw a Bowser Tennis Outfit, coloured Spike Headbands, and coloured Boo Visors, as well as the return of the Boo Hunt Co-Op Challenge. Check out screenshots at this post.
● Dwango announced an update for the niconico app which will basically downgrade it with the option to view live broadcasts being removed on 26 March 2020.
● Prototype have finished the second production run for The Fruit, Labyrinth, and Eden of Grisaia Full Package and it’ll be in stores shortly!
● And check out screenshots and artwork for Ryuji Sakamoto, Morgana, and Ann(e) Takamaki in Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers here.
● Yo-kai Watch 4++ is the biggest release this upcoming week. Check out the current planned Nintendo eShop scheduled at this post.
● Also coming to the Switch eShop this week is a demo for Coffee Talk with the game also available to preload.
● Nintendo celebrated the 15th anniversary of the Band Brothers series with 30 free songs for the 3DS version. A nice anniversary present would’ve been not pulling the servers in May, but I guess I’ll take the songs.
● Animal Crossing: New Leaf will see four events this month with Fishing Tourney #8, Winter Solstice, Toy Day, and New Year’s Eve. Screenshots posted here.
● The 3DS niconico app will also be removing livestream viewing on 25 March.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the second half of Jingle’s Frosted Forest garden event. Check out details for the first half here.
● Dragalia Lost will see a number of new events this month including The Miracle of Dragonyule, Astral Raids, The Mercurial Gauntlet, Chapter 11 of the main story, The Agito Uprising, the Void enemy Volcanic Chimera, and much more detailed at this post. Today saw a new Summon Showcase, Winter Wardens with featured adventurer Jiang Ziya, dragon Kamuy, and the event trailer posted here. Finally, an epilogue has also been unlocked for the Mega Man: Chaos Protocol event today.
● COMG! rankings have Pokémon Sword / Shield on top for the third week with 241 pts, SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays is 126 pts on PS4 and 76 pts on Switch, with Ring Fit Adventure at 28 pts. GEO has similar positions saying that there’s a “high demand for Christmas” for Sword and Shield and that the new SD Gundam has “high sales numbers”.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +890 (2.10%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 43,240.00 JPY. This is their new highest level since May 2018!
● The February issue of Ciao (ちゃお) will debut an Animal Crossing manga “Atsumare Doubutsu no Mori: Nonbiri Shima Dayori”. Teaser image posted here.
● The latest item to sell out at Nintendo TOKYO are the character baubles that were distributed free with each purchase of above 5,000 yen. Designs were Mario & Luigi, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Toad. No more are expected.
● A Japanese TV commercial for One Piece Kaizoku Musou 4 (One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4) here.
● The Japanese release date trailer for Dragon Ball FighterZ here.
● A third gameplay video for Disgaea 4 Complete+ here.
● A “Let’s Go Pokémon GO in 2020!” video here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!