Tuesday Update：GameCube Controller Trademark, Pokémon Global Link Terminated, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Earlier this month, Nintendo Co., Ltd. applied for a further trademark for the GameCube Controller (well, C-Stick and Y, X, B, & A buttons). The last trademark was in August 2018 for what is to be assumed was for the GameCube controllers that could be used in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Unfortunately we don’t know much more at present, although the wording isn’t incompatible with a future controller for Switch or smartphone. Check out the actual application and the image used at this post.
● The Pokémon Company didn’t take long to pull the Pokémon Global Link service which will be terminated on 24 February 2020 making the gameplay elements that make use of it in Pokémon Sun Moon and Pokémon Ultra Sun Moon unplayable. In related news: maintenance for Pokémon Sword / Shield began and finished, although the game still hasn’t received an update.
● After being announced for North America yesterday, Capcom today confirmed the release of Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition for 20 February priced at ¥1,990. They also announced a physical Devil May Cry Triple Pack priced at ¥5,489, although only the first game is on a game card. Check out the box art and promo video here.
● CareuX announced a Japanese traditional samurai battle game BATTOJUTSU for Switch release this winter with local and online battles for 8-10 players. No screens, footage, or further details yet exist!
● The latest Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers information included the alternate world “Jail” and much more. Check out three videos and a bit more information here.
● The new fighter Londrekia will be added to UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late [cl-r]. Check out screenshots and artwork for him here.
● Today’s Atelier Autumn Festival livestream saw Koei Tecmo announce some kind of collaboration between Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout which is available on Switch, PS4, and Steam, and the upcoming PS4 and Windows game Sangokushi 14 (Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14). Livestream posted here.
● SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays will add Astray Gold Frame Amaterasu and Lord Astray Omega DLC from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray: Princess of the Sky post-launch. Check out screenshots and artwork here.
● Prototype have opened up the official website for Zettai Kaikyuu Gakuen here.
● Zodiac Interactive have achieved a new first with three different dates for One-way Ticket on the Japanese Switch eShop. Initially set for September and recently moved to this week, the visual novel is now slated to release on 16 January 2020, although it’s definitely not set in stone!
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the new glistening lights terrain available (pictured here along with the new Flurry’s powdered cookie video – the event begins tomorrow).
● This week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu will have a 48 page 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim cover and feature. The only Switch games confirmed for coverage are SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays and Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers. Teaser scans posted here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock increased today by +290 (0.69%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 42,580.00 JPY.
● Two more trademarks from Nintendo Co., Ltd. are for THE STRETCHERS (self-explanatory, but answers any doubts people have over who owns the characters) and ポケ森 Pokemori (the latter should be self-explanatory if you realise it’s an abbreviation of Doubutsu no Mori Pocket Camp, but many people seem to be confused that it could be for a Pokémon collaboration! It’s 100% not the case!).
● HAL Laboratory announced The Sound of Kirby Café 2 for sale on 12 December priced at ¥2,420 with 15 songs that will be played at the new permanent location. Check out the cover here.
● A “Special Trailer for the FAIRY TAIL RPG here.
● Nippon Columbia rey-loaded the TV commercial for Eiga Sumikko Gurashi Tobidasu Ehon to Himitsu no Ko Game de Asobou! Ehon no Seka here (I’ve now got two posts with the sam commercial as I didn’t realise they’d pulled the other one until I’d posted the second!).
● The latest Sega Nama broadcast featuring Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 and Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game here.
● And the one day before release video for Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!