Weekly Update：Pokémon Sword / Shield, Nintendo TOKYO, Fire Emblem EXPO II, Pocket Camp Club, And More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Despite talks of a boycott, Pokémon Sword / Shield became the fastest selling Nintendo Switch game with 6 million sold through to the customer in its opening three days, beating even Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and doubling those of Pokémon Let’s Go! Pikachu／Eevee.
● From the Monday Update: Nintendo announced the paid subscription service for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp for later this week and their Nintendo Internship 2020 program with “Production Planning”, “Science and Engineering”, “Sound”, and “Design” job categories.
● From the Tuesday Update: The first press photos for Nintendo TOKYO emerged, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was nominated for “Game of the Year”, “Best Fighting Game”, and “Best Family Game” at The Game Awards, and Bubble Bobble 4 Friends will release this February in Japan.
● From the Wednesday Update: Domestic numbers for Pokémon Sword / Shield were 1,364,544 at retail, Nintendo Switch surpassed 10 million, and Minecraft surpassed 1 million physical (all in Japan), with Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock at the highest for almost 18 months.
● From the Thursday Update: Universal Studios Japan posted a new key visual for SUPER NINTENDO WORLD which confirms the Yoshi attraction, and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp added the paid Happy Helper Plan and Cookie & Depot Plan as part of its new paid Pocket Camp Club.
● From the Friday Update: Nintendo TOKYO finally opened in Shibuya, Taisho Pharmaceutical won the Famitsu Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tournament attended by Masahriro Sakurai who worked on a new character that same day, and Fire Emblem EXPO II will open in Osaka on 05-06 May 2020.
● From the Weekend Update: Kirby was voted best character by readers of Nintendo DREAM magazine with Animal Crossing: New Horizons voted the most wanted game. The readers of the magazine also voted Wario as the character who would make the best comedian!