Friday Update：Nintendo TOKYO Opens, Taisho Win Smash Tourney, Fire Emblem EXPO II Dated, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Nintendo TOKYO is now open to the public on the sixth floor of Shibuya PARCO and was deemed a success with the ticketing system seeing all tickets distributed by 1pm and the Zelda mug and Splatoon messenger bag sold out. Visitors this weekend are urged to arrive early and wrap up warm as it’ll be on a ticket basis on both days.
● Today’s corporate tournament for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate by Famitsu was definitely eventful. Taisho Pharmaceutical were the overall winners, defeating Zoff in the finals (who had defeated Sony in the semis). Director Masahiro Sakurai was on-hand to congratulate the winners and told the audience that he was working on a new fighter for the game earlier in the day! Full livestream here and Sakurai quote here.
● In more Super Smash Bros. Ultimate news: the Pokémon Sword / Shield “New Galar Region Pokémon Discovered” spirit event began. Check out artwork for Zacian & Zamazenta, Grookey, Scorbunny, & Sobble, Corviknight, and Morpeko here.
● Nippon Ichi Software announced they have postponed the release of the patch which implements the ranking function for Disgaea 4 Complete+ (Makai Senki Disgaea 4 Return) from 25-27 November.
● And in a round-up of last night’s mini-posts: screenshots for Majuub in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch here, details and screenshots of the Faust Dungeon in Mistover here, and screenshots for all the newly announced FAIRY TAIL characters here.
● Pokémon Sword unsurprisingly topped the Nintendo Switch eShop charts with Pokémon Shield at number two (collective digital sales are over 600,000. Check out the full top 10 for both Switch and 3DS here.
● CFK announced a huge global expansion with a number of releases planned for December to Summer 2020 for both Switch and Steam including the platformer Sacred Stones (trailer here), the board game Princess Maker Go!Go! Princess (trailer here), plus many more in the huge post here. Of the list: Adventure Brick Breaker will release in the west on 28 November, but is the only game from the list not confirmed for Japan!
● Worker Bee finally gave a Japanese release date to the tactical soccer RPG Ganbare! Super Strikers with the game launching on the eShop on 05 December.
● WINGLAY announced the third DLC pack for Keotoshi! Treasure Hunter! with Hyakka Ryōran, Akashi Sensei, and Take added on 05 December for ¥330.
● Inside System updated The Legend of Dark Witch to Version 1.0.4 where when destroying a boss, pausing will no longer make the scene progress, and holding ZL in Skill Menu will now allow you to reduce Tres inside the slot.
● Dr. Mario World and Mario Kart Tour were both nominated for the Google Play Best of 2019 Users’ Choice Game award in Japan.
● Dragalia Lost detailed the upcoming Mega Man: Chaos Protocol (Rockman Isekai no Kessen!!) event which begins on 29 November UTC. Check out more details, screens, art, videos, and website at this post.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Tempest Trials+: Sands of Time with 5★ New Hero Brunnya: Devoted General and two Sacred Seals: Flier Guidance 1 and Spur Atk/Res 1 rewards. Brunnya artwork and Bonus Allies pictured here.
● Super Mario Run saw the Friendly Run Event return for the umpteenth time where players will receive Rally Tickets whether they win or lose playing Friendly Run.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock dropped today by -1,510 (3.51%) in Japan to close trading for the week at 41,490.00 JPY.
● Acttil surprisingly announced they are localising the board game Billion Road on the Switch eShop in March. The game released a year ago in Japan but sold poorly. Check out the promo video for the Japanese release here.
● Strictly Limited Games announced an international physical release of Darius Cozmic Collection. Check out the website here.
● Nintendo and Intelligent Systems announced that Fire Emblem EXPO II will be coming to Zepp Namba in Osaka on 05-06 May 2020 with galleries for Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses, stage shows with a live band and a voice drama, plus merchandising.
● Reservations are also now open for the permanent Kirby Café TOKYO which opens at okyo Solamachi from 12 December which will feature Whispy Woods in the café! Check out pictures of the Kirby Pizza, Kirby’s Fluffy Pancake, Warp Star Apple Pie, Green Greens, merchandise, and more at this post.
● Check out next month’s smartphone wallpaper from the Nintendo LINE account here (thanks to Kinopio-kun!).
● Watch four x Winter 2019-200 TV commercials for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite here with games including Luigi’s Mansion 3, Tsuri Spirits Nintendo Switch Version, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, Splatoon 2, Pokémon Sword / Shield, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Minecraft, Super Mario Maker 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, and Fortnite.
● The Morgana character trailer for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers here.
● The third gameplay trailer for BUSTAFELLOWS here.
● The 32nd episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Garden here.
● And a five days before release video for Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!