Wednesday Update：New Goemon Trademark, New Arcade Archives, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. applied for a new Goemon (ゴエモン) trademark in Japan for which includes provisions for both “game program” and “game software”. Check out the actual application here.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will see a “Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield!” tournament begin on 15 November with only stages and fighters related to the Pokémon series. Check out the full list (along with the rules) at this post.
● The new B-SIDE GAMES label (who are a subsidiary of Flyhigh Works and CIRCLE Ent.) announced a Japanese physical release of Golf Story on 05 December priced at ¥3,990 and Cat Quest for sometime after. Check out the contents for Golf Story’s release here. A U.S. release is also possible (although unconfirmed).
● Sega Games’s Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix will have a “T-shirt edit mode”. Check out the first screenshot here.
● Arc System Works have postponed the Version 2.2.0 update to Dragon Marked For Death although no release date for the eventual update. Version 3.0.0 will also be playable at the Digital Games Expo 2019 this weekend in Akihibara.
● Hamster’s game this week is the Konami fighting game Arcade Archives Yie Ar Kung-Fu priced at ¥838 (screenshots here). Future Konami titles include Hyper Sports, TwinBee, and Frogger. The next Nintendo title will be Balloon Fight. All the games above are 2019 releases. Hamster promise plenty more games are in development for 2020!
● The next Sega Ages titles will also likely be Fantasy Zone which will be priced at ¥999 and is based on the 3D Classic including the mode to play as Upa-Upa, Stage Select, Coin Stock, multiple endings, difficulty settings, and the Master System bosses.
● Three games shadow dropped on the Japanese Switch eShop today including the mental health based story Fractured Minds from Wired Productions for ¥225, the interactive adventure game Last Day of June from 505 Games for ¥1,980, and the pinball game Safari Pinball from Starsign priced at ¥300.
● Rokapublish will be localising the Harvest moon clone Harvest Life on the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 November priced at ¥1,980 (it’s not available for preload however)
● Chorus Worldwide will be bringing In Vitro Games’s adventure and shoot ’em up hybrid Defenders of Ekron – Definitive Edition on the Japanese Switch eShop on 05 December priced at ¥1,600. Trailer posted here.
● As expected, the Japanese release of the Touhou Project racing game Gensou SkyDrift will also release on 12 December priced at ¥2,980. Check out the latest trailer for the game (the same as I linked to yesterday!) here.
● After being pulled just before launch back in September, Zodiac Interactive have set a new release date for the One-way Ticket visual novel on the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 November priced at ¥750.
● So many games available to preload this week on the Japanese Switch eShop including LEGO Jurassic World from Warner priced at ¥4,950, Japanese Rail Sim 3D: Journey to Kyoto from Sonic Powered priced at ¥7,678, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate from MAGES. priced at ¥6,600, Motto！New Puzz Osomatsu-san ～Shinpin Sotsugyou Keikaku～ from D3 Publisher priced at ¥5,800, STAR OCEAN -First Departure R- from Square-Enix priced at ¥3,520, Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate from Nippon Columbia priced at ¥5,280, Override: Mech City Brawl – Super Charged Mega Edition from 3goo priced at ¥4,389, Atelier Dusk Trilogy DX from Koei Tecmo Games priced at ¥10,692 (each game is ¥4,752 individually), Megaquarium from Chorus Worldwide priced at ¥3,040, Headliner: NoviNews also from Chorus Worldwide priced at ¥1,600, Super Robot Taisen X from Bandai Namco priced at ¥8,360 (the ‘Premium Anime Song & Sound Edition’ is also available, priced at ¥12,760), Voxel Galaxy from SAT-BOX priced at ¥760, and Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Deluxier Edition from Worker Bee priced at ¥1,600. Phew!
● Electronic Arts removed the Nintendo DSi camera application MySims Camera from the Japanese 3DS eShop with immediate effect. No reason was given for the removal. Check out a few screenshots here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Fishing Tourney: Blue Jazz begin. We have a huge post with pictures of every fish, reward, and trophy available, plus much more.
● Dragalia Lost saw the new Summon Showcase, Madcap Misfits and the Kindness and Captivity raid event revival begin. Check out the featured adventurer Chelsea, dragon Kagutsuchi, and the event trailer here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the new Lost Lore event begin with rewards such as Orbs and Dragonflowers.
● Mario Kart Tour saw Part 2 of the Paris Tour begin adding Shy Guy (Pastry Chef), the Carrot Kart, and Le Tricolore added as the spotlight content to the second pipe with the Yoshi Cup as the ranked cup.
● Death Standing was the best-selling game in Japan last week opening with 185,909. Impressive weeks for Luigi’s Mansion 3 (54,680) and Ring Fit Adventure (52,240) too, with Switch hardware at 88,772. Check out the full top 10 here.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1615 review scores included Dark Devotion with 27/40, You Died but a Necromancer revived you with 28/40, Mononoke Slashdown with 27/40, Stay Cool, Kobayashi-san!: A River City Ransom Story with 27/40, Super Dodgeball Beats with 29/40, and Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Deluxe Edition with 31/40. There was no review for Pokémon Sword／Shield. Check out the full list of scores for every Switch game reviewed here.
● Next week’s issue of the magazine will have a 40 page Love Plus feature, a 16 page SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays feature, and a Shenmue III feature including You Suzuki interview.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (7974.T) stock dropped today by -350 (0.83%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 42,040.00 JPY.
● Yacht Club Games will be publishing Shovel Knight Showdown and King of Cards on 10 December. Flyhigh Works will be publishing the game in Japan.
● PLiCy’s latest browser game is a pastiche of Nintendo’s Ring Fit Adventure by swapping the “fit” for “fat” and with the aim of eating as many donuts as possible!
● Watch the Fire Emblem Heroes Book Ⅲ Ending Movie here.
● The second promo video for the Atelier Dusk Trilogy here.
● The Ring Fit Adventure Accolades Trailer here.
● Another English Pokémon Sword / Shield commercial here.
● Jack Jeanne Character Theme BGM # 5 Orimaki Suzu here.
● A Streets of Rage 4 Behind the Gameplay video here.
● A give-away video for Bokura no Keshigomu Otoshi ＋ Sports Set where you can win 1 of 10 copies of the game here.
● A Famitsu livestream playing the Arcade Archives games TK III (T.A.N.K) and Yie Ar Kung-Fu here.
● An Arc System Works livestream for BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!