Thursday Update：Nintendo TOKYO Pics, Bowser on Classic Consoles & 3DS’s Future, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● With the grand opening just two weeks away, we finally got a peak at the interior of the Nintendo TOKYO store. It’s still without merchandise (although Mario & Luigi make their presence felt!). Check out the four pics at this post.
● Nintendo of America President Doug Bowser spoke with The Verge said the company will focus on Nintendo Switch Online when asked about more classic consoles. When asked about Nintendo 3DS, Bowser replied “We will continue to support 3DS this holiday and into 2020.”
● Arc System Works announced that the 2D fighting game UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late [cl-r] will also release in Japan on 20 February priced at ¥5,280. Check out the trailer here..
● Marvelous updated DAEMON X MACHINA to Version 1.1.2 which adjusts various weapon parameters, changes some rules of play, fixes an Arsenal speed bug, fixes an online play bug, and fixes other bugs.
● Justdan International updated Dusk Diver to Version 1.02 adding new camera settings (reversal and speed adjustment), text adjustment, improved stability, and bug fixes.
● Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version! will receive a Donder Pack -Lightning adding five Namco Original songs for ¥550 and a One Piece Theme Song Pack adding three One Piece anime songs for ¥440 next week (14 November).
● Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout will also see new DLC next week with swimsuit costumes and additional stories. More details and screenshots posted here.
● The Elves, Rogues and Rifts DLC is now available for Portal Knights in Japan priced at ¥1,100. Check out the trailer here.
● It seems that Downwell honcho Ojiro Fumoto helped with development of Ring Fit Adventure during his brief spell at Nintendo.
● The Sophia (Sophie) character introduction video for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers 18:00 JST (01:00 PT)
● Two demos released on the Japanese Switch eShop today with New Super Lucky’s Tale from Playful and SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays from Bandai Namco Entertainment.
● Humble Bundle updated A Hat in Time to Version 1.0.3 which fixes stuttering in Picture Perfect, Big Parade and Subcon Well, and when using scooter/laser badge. It also fixes a bug where textures could corrupt after extended play.
● The newly released Old School Musical saw a free Toricity DLC pack featuring five tracks from the chi-tune artist TORIENA. Check out the video for her track Hyper Female Ninja here.
● Goonya Battle saw a new experimental battle with the Round 4: Research Theme being “Flippy-Floppy-Floaty Battle!!”.
● And moon was the best-selling eShop game in October according to Nintendo. The other 19 games were Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition, Dragon Quest III, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, Minecraft, Untitled Goose Game, Minna de Kuuki Yomi 2 ～Reiwa～, Human: Fall Flat, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, UNDERTALE, Futari de! Nyanko Daisensou, Urban Trial Playground, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Cuphead, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp received an in-app update which increases the maximum number of collected items like fruits, bugs, and fish you can hold. Full details posted here.
● Dr. Mario World saw the new Clinic Event Help Goomba! where you can earn rewards including Goomba Medals and Staff Tickets for clearing.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw New Heroes: Desert Mercenaries begin featuring Tethys: Beloved Dancer, Gerik: Desert Tiger, Ewan: Eager Student, Ephraim: Dynastic Duo, and Ross: His Father’s Son. Introduction video, official artwork, and details of Forging Bonds: Mercenary Matters, Special Orb Promo: November, and New Tactics Drills posted here.
● Team GO Rocket Leaders Cliff, Sierra, and Arlo have made their move and can be encountered by Pokémon GO Trainers. View the trailer here.
● This week’s Nintendo-only Famitsu software and hardware charts here with new entries for Luigi’s Mansion 3 (201,448), Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (19,438), Biohazard Triple Pack (4,768), and MODEL Debut #nicola (2,617).
● The DENGEKI TOP 50 has more new entries with Disgaea 4 Complete + (1,642) and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD (1,153). Both FIA European Truck Racing Championship and Sniper Elite V2 Remastered failed to chart and would have sold under 890 copies each.
● Pokémon Sword / Shield was again number one in this week’s Famitsu Most Wanted (posted here) which also saw Animal Crossing: New Horizons gain a few points and a new entry for Yo-kai Watch 4++.
● Indie studio Ratalaika Games have opened up a Japanese website and Twitter account and told us “We’re going to start releasing some of our games in Japan directly ourselves from now for all future games not released before”.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock dropped today by -210 (0.50%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 42,000.00 JPY.
● Nintendo announced its Black Friday deals including a Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Bundle (2017 model( priced at $299.99. Gray Joy-Con (pair) and Neon-Red and Blue will be reduced by $20. The Poké Ball Plus is reduced from $49.99 to $19.99 (although isn’t compatible with Sword & Shield). Many games will also just be $39.99 including Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Party, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Tennis Aces, Kirby Star Allies, Octopath Traveler, and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Watch the Black Friday commercial here.
● In the latest global Capcom sales: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate has sold 3.3 million units worldwide on Switch and 3DS and the multi-platform titles Okami HD, Mega Man 11, and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection have all sold one million.
● Watch the English Pokémon Sword / Shield “A New Era of Pokémon Begins” commercial here.
● The second Japanese promo video for Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered here.
● The second promo video for MONKEY BARREL here.
● The launch trailer for Juicy Realm here.
● A new promo video for Puchikon 4 SmileBASIC (Petit Computer 4) here.
● A new Japanese trailer for the Fortnite Dark Bundle here.
● The third episode from the second season of the Ninja Box web anime here.
● The first 20 minutes for FAIRY TAIL here.
● A third Japanese trailer for Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden – Deluxe Edition here.
● Another Onion Games moon livestream here.
● A gameplay video for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD here.
● A Denjin☆Getcha! episode which includes Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 here.
● Another Famitsu livestream for Ring Fit Adventure here.
● And the Japanese girl group Juice=Juice playing Super Mario World here.
● Thanks to Brion Furnell Creative for design, Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, anonymous for support, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter, and buy me a coffee!