Weekly Update：Nintendo Financials, Shigeru Miyamoto, Mario Kart Tour β, Intelligent Systems, AlphaDream, Band Brothers P, And More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● An incredibly successful Six Month Earnings Release (summary here) including Nintendo Switch at 41.67 million, Nintendo Switch Lite selling 1.95 million in 11 days, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe the best-selling Switch game with 19.01 million, and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening selling 3.13 million in 11 days.
● From Monday’s Update: Nintendo and Intelligent Systems applied for a multiplayer game patent (full details here), Entergram announced The Ryuo’s Work is Never Done! for Switch, and SEGA AGES SHINOBI launches this week.
● From Tuesday’s Update: Shigeru Miyamoto was honoured as Person of Cultural Merit (full translated Nikkei article here), Retro Studios hired Halo character modeller Kyle Hefley, Nintendo, Creatures, and Game Freak applied a Hangyaku Crash trademark, and Good-Feel announced MONKEY BARREL.
● From Wednesday’s Update:: Luigi’s Mansion 3 launched on the Switch eShop, Dr. Donkey Kong and Dr. Diddy Kong were announced for Dr. Mario World, and Ring Fit Adventure has an excellent second week selling a further 64,045 copies. Dragon Quest X Ver. 5 opened with 34,836.
● From Thursday’s Update: in addition to Nintendo’s financials – Daigasso! Band Brothers P will be removed from the Japanese 3DS eShop on 20 December with network services shutting down on 01 May. President Shuntaro Furukawa says that more 3DS franchises will be coming to Switch.
● From Friday’s Update: the Mario Kart Tour multiplayer beta will open for Gold Pass members in December, Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares soared by 7.46% to close trading at ¥41,500, and Nintendo Switch Lite received preliminary approval for a Chinese release bundled with a New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe demo.
● From the Weekend Update: AlphaDream were revealed as a co-developer for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, Overwatch 2 was announced for Switch, no Nintendo Switch price cut is imminent, and both K.K. Slider and Tom Nook returned to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (gifs here).