Thursday Update：Persona 5 Scramble Release Date, Overcooked Bundle, Sengoku Night Blood Cancelled, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Atlus announced that Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers will release in Japan on 20 February. Check out the box art, limited edition contents, screenshots, and trailer here, TV commercials here, here, here, here, and here, with a live broadcast set for 04 November at 20:00 JST.
● Pocket announced an Overcooked Special Edition + Overcooked 2 retail package for Japan, releasing on 19 December and priced at ¥4,950. Box art posted here.
● Idea Factory have postponed the visual novel game LoverPretend from 2019 to 2020. The company have also cancelled the Switch version of another visual novel Sengoku Night Blood with the service for the mobile version ending on 25 December.
● Ubisoft announced that will be delaying Gods & Monsters from its February release date to the second half of 2020.
● A mix-up with the Switch and Wii U download versions of Dragon Quest X Ibara no Miko to Horobi no Kami Online saw registration codes for different systems distributed. Nintendo later sent out new codes to those affected.
● Granzella announced that crowdfunding for R-Type Final 2 has surpassed $1 million with one of the stages from R-Type Leo to be reproduced in the game. New trailer posted here.
● Marvelous updated Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town to Version 1.0.2 which fixes a bug where animals could not move in the ranch, plus several other bugs.
● Development on Kadokawa Games’ Root Film for Switch is currently approximately 60% complete.
● SAT-BOX announced the 4-player co-op or competitive combat game Voxel Galaxy for 28 November release on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥850. Introduction video posted here.
● Eastasiasoft announced they will be publishing the 2.5D cyberpunk horror adventure game Sense – A Cyberpunk Ghost Story on the Switch eShop worldwide in 2020. Story trailer posted here.
● The third experimental battle in the Goonya Fighter Laboratory is on now with the research theme being “Don’t Touch The Poop” Party!!
● RCMADIAX announced they will be removing all their published Wii U and 3DS software in America and Europe by the end of March 2020 although all their Wii U titles in Japan (which are published by Cosen and Rainy Frog) will stay put.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the Pastel glazier cookie arrive. Check out the full list of items pictured at here along with the cookie’s trailer. The All Together Now…Peacock Butterfly Goals event was a huge success with players set to receive a Grim lily cookie, Bob’s circus cookie, and 50 x Leaf Tickets.
● Dr. Mario World saw the Eliminate the Viruses! event return with the big reward being 2 x Hammer and 1 x Staff Ticket for 2,000 eliminated viruses.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Grand Hero Battle – Conrad: Masked Knight begin, plus a new map, Obstruct Them!, available in Tactics Drills: Grandmaster.
● This week’s full Nintendo-only Famitsu software and hardware charts are posted here with new entries for Ring Fit Adventure (selling 68,497 of approximately 95,000 first week shipment), Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (selling 66,193 of approximately 115,000), The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Complete Edition selling 7,218, and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory Complete Edition selling 4,537.
● This week’s Nintendo-only Famitsu Most Wanted (posted here) saw Pokémon Sword / Shield on top for the fourth consecutive week and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 climb up one space to number three. Speaking of Famitsu, check out a full page advert for Luigi’s Mansion 3 here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock dropped again today by -240 (0.63%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 37,870.00 JPY.
● An interview between Eurogamer and Game Freak‘s Junichi Masuda and Shigeru Ohmori is posted here with an interesting tidbit regarding the Let’s Go games with apparently “no particular plans” in continuing the series at present.
● Some new Luigi’s Mansion 3 rewards are now available in Japan including a physical Hotel Keychain, a Phosphorescent Postcard set, a Tote Bag, and a (non-physical!) wallpaper. Check out images here and the full list of rewards here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. applied for a new Game controller” patent that covers the grip portions of the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and the enhanced operability from using them. Check out several of the images used here.
● The first episode of comedy duo Yoiko playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 here.
● A new TV commercial for Pokémon Sword / Shield here.
● Ryozo Tsujimoto playing/talking Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD here.
● A 15 second, 30 second, and 90 second Japanese video set for Bloodstained：Ritual of the Night here.
● The first episode of the second season of the Ninja Box web anime here.
● Sound preview of the Atelier Dusk Trilogy here.
● A Famitsu livestream featuring Yuka Ōtsubo playing Ring Fit Adventure here.
● And a Denjin☆Getcha! episode featuring Bloodstained：Ritual of the Night here.