Tuesday Update：Sonic in Super Monkey Ball, Animal Crossing: New Horizons at Jump Festa, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
● Sega Games confirmed the open secret that Sonic will be unlockable as a playable character in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD along with costumes for AiAi and friends. Check out the reveal trailer here.
● Nintendo announced their first title for Jump Festa ’20 on 21-21 December in Chiba with Animal Crossing: New Horizons. A photo corner is confirmed with the Nooks, Isabelle, and KK Slider, although it’s unknown whether there will be any new game footage or whether it will be playable. Check out a new comic strip here.
● The Pokémon Company announced that there will be new information for Pokémon Sword／Shield tomorrow at 22:00 JST (06:00) PT.
● BANDAI announced they will be publishing the fishing game Bakutsuri Hunters for Switch on 07 December as a physical release coming with a Bakuchou Giga Rod controller and download code for ¥5,280 or ¥6,930 with four Bakuchou Giga Lure which are also available individually priced at ¥495 each. Rod and lure pictured here.
● Yang Jian will be making his debut in the franchise Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate and will be featured in this week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu (teaser scan here).
● Cosen updated the Petoons Party website with a list of in-store benefits.
● Idea Factory have updated the Katakoi Contrast ―Collection of Branch― website character popularity vote results featuring Tamotsu Kirisaka as #1, and both Nagi Nirei and Kiyotaka Kusumi 2nd. The hedgehog Made chan made it to #8!
● And Fortnite Chapter 2 began with an all-new island with 13 new locations including new water gameplay with swimming, fishing, and motor boating. Check out two new trailers here.
● UNTIES will publish the visual novel TOKYO DARK -Remembrance- on the Switch eShop world-wide on 07 November priced at ¥1,800 with preloads live from 31 October at 20% off. Trailer posted here.
● 3909 will publish the mystery adventure puzzle game Return of the Obra Dinn on the Japanese Switch eShop later this week (18 October) priced at ¥2,025. Japanese screenshots and trailer here.
● Inside System announced a new Switch game for release this Fall and will be tweeting related images each day from tomorrow at 19:30 JST. It’s unknown whether the game will be The Legend of Dark Witch series announcement.
● Dr. Mario World will be adding new stages after maintenance on 17 October between 15:00-17:00 JST (23:00–1:00 PT). Also check out booth pictures from Nintendo Live 2019 here.
● Dragalia Lost saw new quests added to The Mercurial Gauntlet with LV. 51-55 Water, Wind, and Shadow.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: New Power featuring Lute: Prodigy, Virion: Elite Archer, Hawkeye: Desert Guardian, and Frederick: Polite Knight.
● This week’s GEO rankings have Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition on top of the charts. Disney Tsum Tsum Festival opens at #3 with sales expected to keep their pace towards the holiday season. Yo-kai Watch 1 for Nintendo Switch opens at #8.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock increased today by 280 (0.70%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 40,150.00 JPY.
● Soraya Saga tweeted “By the way, to avoid (getting involved in) speculation, I’m not gonna retweet Direct announcement any more. Enjoy them with an open mind and feel free to unfollow my account.”
● Season two of the Ninja Box web anime will air from 24 October and then each Thursday.
● Google announced that Stadia will start arriving from 19 November.
● The first TV commercial for My Hero: One’s Justice 2 here.
● The first promo video for the KEMCO RPG Selection Vol.1 here.
● All the theme music videos for BRIGANDINE:The Legend of Runersia adding the “United Islands of Mirelva” here.
● An NBA 2K20 “MyTEAM Unlimited Tournament Participation Trailer” with Japanese subtitles here.
● And a brief Pokémon Sword／Shield feature with Junichi Masuda here.