Thursday Update：Fire Emblem Launches, Disney Tsum Tsum Themed Switch, Yamper And Alcremie Trademarks, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop priced at ¥7,538. Check out our review here, the Version 1.0.1 update here, the Famitsu cover here, and magazine advert here. It’s currently 88 on Metacritic.
● Nintendo announced a special themed Disney Tsum Tsum Festival Set for 10 October release including Switch console, boxed game, and DLC. More pictures are here (and they do the system more justice than any words could!).
● Bandai Namco Entertainment revealed that Disney Tsum Tsum Festival requires Joy-Con to play and thus will be unplayable on a regular Nintendo Switch Lite without Joy-Con.
● Bandai Namco also updated Doraemon Story of Seasons to Version 1.0.4 with balance adjustments and bug fixes.
● Check out the box art for Makai Senki Disgaea 4 Return here.
● 25 games newly released on the Nintendo eShop this week (plus two retail only games!). Check out the full list with prices and artwork here.
● Nintendo fully overhauled the top-selling download only games for the first half of 2019 with Futari de！Nyanko Daisensou now at number one. Check out the full list in English here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Julia’s Palace Cookie newly available. Check out all the items pictured here along with the special memory and introduction video. Also check out some My Melody and Pompompurin smartphone wallpaper here.
● Dragalia Lost will see Gala Dragalia (Dragalia Festival in Japan) from tomorrow with the featured Gala Dragalia adventurer Cleo. Lok out for our dedicated post once the event goes live!
● Dr. Mario World players received 10x hearts (5x hearts x2) today due to the ongoing maintenance.
● Fire Emblem Heroes was updated to Version 3.7.1 adding the main character and house leaders from Fire Emblem: Three Houses plus changing the game’s icon (pictured here and on our Mobile page). Today also saw Tap Battle: Illusory Dungeon: Three Houses and the maps Three Houses 1 and Three Houses 2 added to Tactics Drills: Skill Studies (and pictured here).
● Team GO Rocket have invaded Pokémon GO. Check out the trailer here.
● This week’s full Nintendo only Japanese software and hardware charts are posted here and sees three new Switch entries (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order with 9,424, Sumikko Gurashi: Gakkou Seikatu Hajimerun Desu with 6,938, and Fushigi no Gensokyo -Lotus Labyrinth- with 4,990).
● The DENGEKI TOP50 is also available with this week’s other two entries seeing Tlicolity Eyes -twinkle showtime- open with 1,263 and Shin Hayarigami 1 and 2 open with just 827. Super Mario Maker 2 is the best-selling Switch game with 43,050, totalling 343,015 units sold to date.
● And check out this week’s Famitsu Most Wanted here which sees Pokémon Sword／Shield back at number one. Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town climbed seven places to number eight.
● Sega Interactive will be showcasing Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Arcade Game at Sega Akihabara Building 3 and Sega Shinjuku Kabukicho from 26-28 July.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased today by +330 (0.83%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 40,180.00 JPY. This is after the China announcement.
● Omega Labyrinth Life for Switch and Labyrinth Life for PS4 will both be coming west on 01 August. Check out the announcement trailer here.
● Today’s new trademarks are both by Nintendo, Creatures, and Game Freak and are for ワンパチ／WANPACHI (Yamper) and for マホイップ (Alcremie). Check out the list of purposes of these trademarks and the actual applications here and here.
● Watch episodes 1-6 of Yoiko playing Super Mario Maker 2 here.
● The first teaser promo video for Rune Factory 5 here hinting at the game’s protagonists. Today’s Rune Factory 4 Special livestream has also been added.
● Two new introduction videos for ASTRAL CHAIN here.
● TV commercial for SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays here.
● A promo video for Disney Tsum Tsum Festval here (it’s not available outside of Japan).
● The fourth Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition voice drama here.
● A promo video and making of Tsuri Spirits Nintendo Switch Version (Fishing Spirits) featuring EXIT here.
● A promo video for Brave Neptunia Sekai Yo Uchuu Yo Katsumoku Seyo！！ Ultimate ＲＰＧ Sengen！！ (Super Neptunia RPG) here.
● A “Nintendo Switch – Fan-Favorites & Newest Releases – Summer” commercial from Nintendo of America featuring Wolfenstein: Youngblood and Astral Chain here.
● The third gameplay video for Omega Labyrinth Life here.
● The ONINAKI demo trailer here.
● An episode of Denjin☆Getcha! featuring Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game here.
● A Famitsu gameplay video of professional shoji player Manao Kagawa playing Fit Boxing here.
● Thanks to Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, Brion Furnell Creative for design, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my new Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter @japaneseswitch, and please buy me a coffee!