Wednesday Update：Super Mario Maker 2 Starts Higher Than Both Wii U And 3DS Versions, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
Super Mario Maker 2 was the biggest game of the last week in Japan selling almost 200k (196,153) in just three days. This is decidedly above both Wii U (143,514) and 3DS (160,016). Switch hardware more than doubled to almost 60k (59,184) units sold. Check out the full top 10 software here.
● A spike-themed spirit event “Beware of Spikes” will begin later this week in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and includes Baby Bowser, Super Sonic, Dry Bowser, and more detailed here.
● Level-5 detailed future updates to Yo-kai Watch 4 – both paid and unpaid. The paid comes later this year and includes multiplayer (no indication on whether online or offline only) and the unpaid arrives in early August adds the new boss, Thunderbolt, and friends , Enma and Nurarihyon. There are other ways too how to download Jiba Jinpei, Shadow Venoct, and Android Yamada. Check out the full details here.
● Nintendo today released Capsule Toy, a sixth free Nintendo Labo VR mini-game on the Nintendo Switch News Channel in Japan for owners of the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit Toy-Con.
● Happy Meal now have an 8 million yen stretch goal for a packaged version of the original Ise Shima Mystery Annai Itsuwari no Kuro Shinju game (6 million gets a packaged version of the upcoming sequel on PS4 and 10 million the original on PS4). Check out the auction here.
● The Japanese release of Dragon Quest XI Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete S (DRAGON QUEST XI S Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition) will not have English language support although the Gorgeous Version will have English voiceover.
● KEMCO announced a rare non-RPG for the Japanese market with a localisation of Lion Castle’s racer Super Street: Racer／The Game this Fall priced at ¥4,298.
● Play.Doujin! announced they will be publishing the Stardia 3D shooting game Flying Girl Striker on the Japanese Switch eShop later this Summer. The game is already available on smartphone (smartphone version trailer posted here).
● Hamster’s only game this week is the classic 1988 Irem platform game Arcade Archives Ninja Spirit (as “Saigo no Nindou” in Japan) priced at the usual ¥823.
● Rainy Frog today released Waiwai！Nice Shot Tennis (Instant Tennis) on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥720 (the regular price is ¥800). Japanese trailer posted here. Next week Rainy Frog will also localise the 2D adventure game Viviette priced at ¥1,080 (regular price is ¥1,200). Japanese trailer posted here.
● Eastasiasoft will also publish the Game Boy-esque puzzler Warlock’s Tower on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (11 July) where it is currently available to preload for ¥464 (regular price is ¥580). Japanese trailer posted here.
● The only new demo available this week in Japan is the D3 Publisher visual novel Teikoku Kaleido -Kakumei no Rondo- which is also playable in English.
● And the only retail game newly available to preload this week is KILL la KILL the GAME IF from Arc System Works priced at ¥6,800 and requiring 6.1 GB. Check out screenshots here.
● Nintendo posted the supposed top 20 download software ranking for June with Super Mario Maker 2 at number one. Positions two-10 saw Cadence of Hyrule, Yo-kai Watch 4, Human: Fall Flat, Futari de！Nyanko Daisensou, Cuphead, Doraemon Sotry of Seasons, Timberman VS Edition, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
● All Medarot (Medabots) games are currently 20% off on the Japanese 3DS eShop to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the anime.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Hero Spotlight Quests featuring Corrin: Fateful Prince. Fulfil the clear conditions to get rewards like Orbs and Universal Crystals.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1596 review scores included Cadence of Hyrule：Crypt of the NecroDancer feat. Zelda no Densetsu with 32/40, Hell Warders with 27/40, Rain City with 29/40, and Tiny Metal Kyokou no Teikoku with 31/40. Go here for the full list of Famitsu review scores with links to many translated reviews!
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +480 (1.20%) in Japan today to close trading for the week at 40,620.00 JPY – again the highest level since early October 2018!
● Tencent are looking to recruit personnel for a new Nintendo cooperation department in China with a business analyst and web front-end developer vacancies (thanks to Nintendo Life).
● Digitimes write that Nintendo are reportedly shifting part of their Nintendo Switch production to Vietnam.
● NIS America announced that Langrisser I & II will be coming to the west in early 2020 on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC. Check out the trailer here.
● WayForward announced that the Kunio-kun game River City Girls will release for Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC in the west on 05 September. Teaser trailer here.
● Headup Games announced that the 2D platformer Bloo Kid 2 is coming to the Switch eShop in October 2019. Announcement trailer here.
● A two hour livestream for Shingeki no Kyojin ２ -Final Battle- here. The game is available on the eShop from 10:00 JST any requires a day-one update.
● A Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer feat. The Legend of Zelda accolades trailer here.
● Another Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu gameplay trailer here.
● And another PixARK gameplay trailer here.
● The Japanese Switch trailer for Path to Mnemosyne here.
● The Japanese Switch trailer for Elli here.
● And the latest Virus Vid for Dr. Mario World here.