Friday Update：Super Mario Maker 2 Launches, Pokémon Sword／Shield Statement, Animal Crossing Trademarks, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
Nintendo’s biggest game so far this year, Super Mario Maker 2, is now out worldwide on Nintendo Switch. The game is currently #1 on the Japanese eShop with retail shipments said to be big. A day one update also arrived where “Issues have been fixed to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.”
● Game Freak’s Junichi Masuda issued a statement regarding Pokémon Sword／Shield: “even if a specific Pokémon is not available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games”. Read the full statement here.
● The Metroid Mania spirit event is now live in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Check out artwork for Queen Metroid, Metroid, and Omega Ridley, and the full list of spirits here.
● Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order was both made available to preload (priced at ¥7,538 for the standard or ¥9,698 with the Expansion Pass) and saw a new introduction video (posted here).
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced that the Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Ultra Pack 1 DLC will be available on 11 July and includes Super Saiyan God Vegeta, SSGSS Vegeta Evolved, and Ribrianne. Screenshots here.
● Koei Tecmo Games updated Winning Post 9 to Version 1.04 on Switch (the PS4 and Windows versions updated previously). The paid DLC is now available allowing you to change hair colour and more.
● SAT-BOX announced their fifth desktop sports game Tsukue de Dodgeball for 25 July release on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥800, with preloads from the 11th. Promo video posted here.
● Kemco announced the RPG Refalsia no Genei (Illusion of L’Phalcia) for worldwide release on the Switch eShop in the coming weeks priced at ¥1,296. Promo video posted here.
● Flyhigh Works announced that the Switch version of the 2D action adventure game Kamiko has surpassed over 250,000 copies on the eShop worldwide, and is now available on Steam.
● Onion Games will be releasing a large scale update to Dandy Dungeon – Legend of Brave Yamada – this Summer where purchases can play the sequel (which originally released in 2016) for free.
● KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch will add SEGA sound source OTORII and Taito sound source eBINA on 04 July as paid DLC priced at ¥1,000 each.
● Yokai Watch 4 Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale is on top of both the retail and digital charts in Japan. Check out the full top 10 eShop charts for both Switch and 3DS here.
● 52 more games have been added to the Japanese Switch eShop sales this week including a massive 85% off The Next Penelope which is currently just ¥200. Check out the full lost here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Pascal’s Crunchy Munchies garden event begin along with the Vacation Memory Medley seasonal event. Check out the vacation convertible, white plumeria lamp, and vacation sunglasses here.
● Dragalia Lost updated to Version 1.9.0 with the ability to further upgrade adventurers, weapons, dragons, and wyrmprints, raising the player level maximum, facility level maximum, and much more detailed here. The Dream Summon Special is available in the shop, and the Imperial Onslaught (Light) double drops event is now live where the drop rewards you can obtain from The Imperial Onslaught (Light) will be doubled. 30 June will see the New Year’s Tidings: Fortune from Afar raid event is coming back with a new difficulty, and the next summon showcase, Festival Phenoms. Check out the featured adventurers Yaten and Natalie, featured dragon Shinobi, and the trailer here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Legendary Hero – Eliwood: Blazing Knight arrive for a new summoning focus and battle. Check out the official artwork and introduction video here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. applied for three Animal Crossing trademarks in Japan with あつまれ どうぶつの森 (Atsumare Doubutsu no Mori) and ANIMAL CROSSING NEW HORIZONS both videogame related and ANIMAL CROSSING more merchandise related. Check out both applications here.
● Pokémon Sword／Shield is back on top in this week’s Nintendo-only Famitsu Most Wanted charts with Ushiro topping the Newcomers. Check out the full list here.
● This week’s DENGEKI TOP50 saw the three new entries: Yokai Watch 4 Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale with 144,528, Summer Pockets with 1,711, and Hanayaka Nari、Waga Ichizoku Gentou Nostalgie for Nintendo Switch with 1,238.
● In first day sell throughs in Japan: Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu sold 30%, Jinrui no Minasama he sold 40%, and Puyo Puyo eSports is low.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +110 (0.28%) in Japan today to close trading for the week at 39,490.00 JPY. They also updated the status of major shareholders (here) and issued a press release (below):
Nintendo Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) believes reduction of the minimum trading unit of shares is one of the effective measures to expand the investor base and to enhance stock liquidity. However, there are arguments for and against the reduction among shareholders. Therefore, taking into consideration collectively stock market trends, the level of the Company’s share price and the liquidity of the Company’s shares, among other factors, the Company will continue to carefully evaluate the feasibility of reduction.
● Dispatch Games announced they will be localising the shoot ’em up Radirgy Swag for the west this Fall including aa limited edition priced at $49.99 with game, artbook, vinyl soundtrack, and coin, and a standard edition priced at $29.99.
● I’ve updated the post with the full transcript of Square-Enix recruiting for the “new Dragon Quest HD title”.
● Japanese introduction video for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order here.
● Character introduction trailers for Nonon Jakuzure and Houka Inumuta in KILL la KILL the GAME IF here.
● A Nintendo Switch My Way commercial for both Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Maker 2 here.
● Gameplay video for Omega Labyrinth Life here.
● Promo video for the packaged version of Puyo Puyo eSports here.
● Introduction movie for the 7th anniversary update for Phantasy Star Online 2 here.
● And the latest Virus Vid for Dr. Mario World here.