Tuesday Update：Pokémon Masters Presentation, Link’s Awakening Thoughts, Wii U Update, And My Nintendo Rewards！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
First of all I’m sad to report the death of Desmond Amofah who many know as the YouTuber Etika. I’m sorry to anyone affected. Mental health is an incredibly important issue. If anyone is battling depression, then you are not alone. Seek help. If your first point of contact lets you down, then seek a second. Someone is out there who wants to help. The UK number for Samaritans is 116 123. The US number is 1 (800) 273-TALK.
● A short eight minute Pokémon Masters video will be posted on 27 June (06:00 PT or 22:00 JST) with further details on the mobile release which is being developed by DeNA. A Pokémon TCG trademark was also filed for かみなり (hiragana)and 雷 (katakana) which means kaminari in romaji or thunder OR lightning in English. Check out the Masters video here and application here.
● I was lucky enough to experience several upcoming Nintendo Switch titles today, the highlight of which is The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening. I first played the title on the original Game Boy game back in late 1993 and later played through the GBC DX version and the more recent 3DS Virtual Console release. The game is much more compact than all the console entries but in being so, manages to pack much more into each screen. The Switch remake’s graphical style certainly impresses more when experienced in person with the early secrets all still there (slashing cuccoos, becoming the thief etc). Didn’t get to play more than entering the first dungeon, but literally every indication is to this being a legit contender for game of the year.
● Nintendo will be updating Splatoon 2 to Version 4.9.0 shortly adjusting the balance of several weapons along with fixing a few bugs. Full patch notes shortly!
● Epic Games updated Fortnite to v9.30 adding the Revolver weapon and 14 Days of Summer. Creative added Kevin Prefabs + Galleries. Full patch notes here.
● Kakehashi Games announced the localisation for Blazing Chrome for Japan on 11 July. Check out the trailer here.
● Team17 are releasing Automachef on the Switch eShop on 23 July. Unsure whether that includes Japan, but a Japanese release is definitely coming.
● Nintendo updated the Wii U system to Version 5.5.4 with “Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.”
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Splatoon 2 Final Fest chaos and order tees as in-game gifts as well as related cartable items. Check out images here.
● Dragalia Lost saw the Midgardsormr’s Trial double drops event where drop rewards you can obtain from Midgardsormr’s Trial will be doubled. Version 1.9.0 also arrives on 30 June at 12:00 JST (29 June at 20:00 PT)
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Heroes with Chill Skills begin featuring Celica: Imprisoned Soul, Ranulf: Friend of Nations, and Ophelia: Dramatic Heroine.
● Three new My Nintendo rewards in Japan are digital wallpapers featuring Toad, Yoshi, and Super Mario Maker 2. Images posted here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares were exactly the same today as yesterday (38,150.00 JPY).
● A promo video for Hakuoki Shinkai Tsukikage no Shou here.
● Introduction trailer for AI：The Somnium Files here.
● Two commercials for Obakeidoro！ here.
● A new teaser trailer for Noahmund here.
● The announcement trailer for PixARK here (either identical or incrementally different from a prior one).
● Japanese Switch trailer for Shadow of Loot Box here.
● The second promo video for Rain City here.
● Japanese trailer for Hell Warders here.
● The fourth voice drama “murders Order” for Satsujin Tantei Jack the Ripper here.
● Japanese trailer for Access Denied here (it maybe identical to the prior one!).
● Another short promo video for Yuusha Yamada-Kun here.
● A Denjin☆Getcha segment for LA-MULANA 2 here.
● And the latest Dr. Mario World Virus Vid here.