Thursday Update：Nintendo Stock Down 5% Since Nintendo Direct, Plus Animal Crossing: New Horizons, And Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● E3 has ended for another year with next year’s event planned for 09-11 June 2020. Overall it was an impressive showing from Nintendo, despite investors disapproval due to the delaying of Animal Crossing: New Horizons with stock down a further 1.55% today, over 5% since their Nintendo Direct presentation…
● Nintendo today revealed to IGN that Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch will not directly connect with the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp mobile game although collaboration items are planned. It’s hard to think how two separate Animal Crossing titles will coexist next March and beyond, especially with the games being totally separate.
● Prototype announced that the homoerotic vampiric visual novel Omega Vampire will release for Nintendo Switch on 29 August priced at ¥6,480. Check out the opening movie and promo movie here.
● ３ｇｏｏ announced that the horror survival game Dead By Daylight will release for Nintendo Switch in Japan on 26 September (not the 24th as previously reported) priced at ¥4,968. Check out the box art here.
● Warner unsurprisingly announced that the latest LEGO Star Wars game LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga will also be releasing in the Japanese market in 2020. Check out the announcement trailer here.
● Check out the first scan for Puzzle and Dragons GOLD here with more information expected at World Hobby Fair ’19 on 29-30 June.
● 505 Games gave an update on the Japanese release of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, anticipating a delay of a few months. All backers will receive a Steam key on 18 June in addition to their Switch purchase when available. Japanese backers may also receive something extra in the future due to this delay, but no indication to what.
● Chorus Worldwide will consider a physical release of VASARA Collection for Nintendo Switch if there’s enough demand. The Xbox One version will be digital only regardless with the PlayStation 4 version likely getting a physical release.
● TENBIRDS Corp. announced that a sequel to the Dark Souls-esque ANIMUS is in development for Nintendo Switch. A release window hasn’t been announced.
● Score Studios announced a retro RPG-esque version of the Piczle series with Piczle Cross Adventure beginning development. It’s not been confirmed for Switch, although we’re confident this news belongs in the “eShop News” section! Check out the teaser trailer here.
● In news from today’s Treehouse Live: Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin will have dual Japanese and English audio.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will see Stella’s Sleepy Cookie arrive in a few hours time. Check out the full list of items and introduction video here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Grand Hero Battle – Cynthia: Hero Chaser begin along with a new map in Tactics Drills: Skill Studies. Check out the assets here.
● Check out this week’s full Nintendo-only Famitsu software and hardware charts with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at number one here and this week’s Nintendo-only Famitsu Most Wanted with Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete S still on top here.
● The latest My Nintendo rewards in Japan include Splatoon 2 Final Fest keychains with the My Nintendo Store also stocking Final Fest T-shirts. Check out images for both here.
● As mentioned above, Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by -590 (1.55%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 37,390.00 JPY.
● Sekai Games announced Narcissu ~Lumière éternelle edition~ for Switch in late 2019, a localisation of World End Economica for Winter 2019, Heart of the Woods as an eShop only title in early 2020, Fault: Milestone One coming to Switch this Summer, and Root Double: Before Crime After Days for eShop release this year.
● First Press Games announced a limited (500) physical triple set of Nintendo Switch games with A Hole New World from Mad Gear, Shadow Bug from Muro Studios, and Castle of Heart from 7LEVELS. More details at this link.
● A fun Mr. Miyamoto & Mr. Tezuka Spin the Wheel video from Nintendo.
● And a fun video of Doug Bowser, Shinya Takahashi, Takashi Tezuka, and Bill Trinen playing a Super Mario Maker 2 level!
● And from today: Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Ft. The Legend of Zelda here, Dauntless here, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin here, Hollow Knight: Silksong here, Overcooked! 2: Night of the Hangry Horde DLC here, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair here, RAD here, and The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics here.
● Multiple offscreen gameplay videos for Pokémon Sword／Shield including the new Pokémon Yamper and Impidimp are on the Famitsu website.
● A “Three Things You Might Not Know About ASTRAL CHAIN” here with Takahisa Taura.
● A “Three Things You Might Not Know About DAEMON X MACHINA” video with Kenichiro Tsukuda.
● Promo videos for Chikichiki Puroresu Dairantou!! and the English Chiki-Chiki Boxy Pro Wrestling version!
● Phantasy Star Online 2 is having a collaboration with Muv-Luv Alternative from this introduction movie.
● Spice and Wolf VR Feature Demo #01 video.
● Promo video for the physical release of Aragami: Shadow Edition.
● Promo video for the physical release of Hell Warders.
● Videos for Boxing and Hammer throw in Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game.
● A system introduction video for Doraemon Nobita no Bokujou Monogatari.
● A live broadcast for Toraware no Palm from Capcom.
● The Japanese launch trailer for Radiation City.
● Another promo video for Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu.
● The launch trailer for PlataGO! Super Platform Game Maker.
● 18 minutes of gameplay for PixARK from Spike Chunsoft.
● Nine minutes of gameplay for Dragon Quest Builders 2: Hakaishin Shidoo to Karappo no Shima from Square-Enix.
● And the fifth Dragalia Lost instructional video.