Monday Update：Pokémon Direct, Atelier Ryza, The Fallen Angels, & Spice and Wolf VR All Announced, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● A Pokémon Direct was announced for next week (05 June) with a 15 minute presentation delivering new information on the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games for Nintendo Switch. A Pokémon 2019 Press Conference will precede it (28 May in North America and 29 May in Japan) which “is expected to cover a number of topics of interest to Pokémon fans”. Check out the global times at this post.
● The Atelier Ryza game revealed for PlayStation 4 at the weekend is also for Nintendo Switch! Scheduled to release this Fall, Ryza will be the third Atelier title this year! More information will be in this week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu. For now, check out the first artwork, teaser scan, and the teaser trailer at this post.
● City Connection reaffirmed that they mean business with the announcement of the complete version of the Psikyo 2D fighting game Daraku Tenshi (The Fallen Angels) for release in the arcades, plus home console versions to follow (we assume this means Switch, although not 100% official).
● Mebius announced their first physical release for Switch with the compilation Ge-Sen Love。～Plus Pengo！～ coming out on 22 August priced at ¥5,800. The compilation includes the action game mini-game collection Action Skills Test, the shoot ‘em up mini-game collection Shooting Skills Test, the shoot ‘em up Combat Zeal, and an eight player version of the classic Pengo！ Check out screenshots and the box art here.
● After the budget version of Shining Resonance Refrain was announced at the weekend, Sega also announced a Puyo Puyo Tetris S Special Price for release on 08 August priced at ¥3,769. Check out the box art here.
● Ninjara has won a place in the ARMS Party Crash Bash tournament final against Min Min by beating Mechanica 54%-46%.
● Level-5 posted some excellent new artwork for Yokai Watch 4: Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale.
● Koei Tecmo Games updated Atelier Meruru ~The Apprentice of Arland~ DX to Version 1.0.5 with bug fixes.
● Gemdrops revealed that Ookami to Koushinryou VR (Spice and Wolf VR) will be making its way to Nintendo Switch, compatible with the Nintendo Labo VR Kit. Launching on Steam on 03 June, the Switch (and PS4) versions are scheduled for Summer. Check out the promo videos at this post.
● Sega Games announced that SEGA AGES Wonder Boy in Monster Land will release on the Japanese Switch eShop later this week (30 May) priced at ¥999. This is the second Wonder Boy game on Switch within a week of each other!
● Devolver Digital will also be publishing the metroidvania Gato Roboto on the Japanese Switch eShop later this week (30 May) with Kakehashi Games handling the localisation (I think that makes 101 Switch games now!). Trailer posted here.
● UNTIES announced they will be publishing the mystery adventure game Unreal Life with developer neko newly announcing the Switch version today. Check out the trailer here.
● Kairosoft’s next Nintendo Switch title will be the sushi bar simulation game Kaisen!! Sushi Kaidou (The Sushi Spinnery) which comes out this week (30 May) priced at ¥1,200. Introduction video posted here.
● Teyon Japan’s subsidiary brand Digital Bards will release their second title next week with the reveal coming this week. All we know is that it will be a puzzle platformer. Teyon Japan also are set to announce a new war-themed title for release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (I suspect it’s Bomber Crew, although this isn’t confirmed).
● Syake announced that their shoot ’em up puzzle game GHOSTUS will now release this Fall. Check out the trailer here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will be updated on Wednesday. Today saw Timmy’s golden harp and Tommy’s golden harp available for 250 Leaf Tickets apiece. Check out pictures here.
● Dragalia Lost saw Gala Dragalia today which adds the human form of Mym. Check out the full details and trailer at this post.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Heroes with Dragon Fang featuring Julia: Naga’s Blood, Siegbert: Future King, and Corrin: Dream Prince yesterday. Today saw Bound Hero Battle: Leif & Nanna, Summoning Focus: Bound Hero Battle (with Leif, Nanna, and Lachesis), and the Deep Bonds event. Full details here.
● After first announcing the collaboration several months ago, Nintendo and KCG Group announced that KidZania Koshien will open on 12 July and KidZania Tokyo on 16 July for 40 minute classes aimed at children between 3-15 years. Check out the awful PhotoShop (Nintendo’s, not mine!) here.
● In GEO rankings for the past week: Days Gone returned to the top spot with Minecraft at number two. Biohazard Origins Collection debuted at number five, Assassin’s Creed III Remastered at number eight, and Team Sonic Racing at number nine.
● TSUTAYA have Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at number one. Biohazrd, Assassin’s Creed, and Sonic are four, nine, and 16 respectively. COMG! rankings have Red Dead Redemption 2 at number one with 26 pts. Yokai Watch 4: Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale preorders are at 48 pts.
● Check out this month’s Nindori Most Wanted post with the most wanted games from the readers of Nintendo Dream magazine here. Pocket Monsters Sword／Shield was once again number one.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped today by -350 (0.90%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 38,730.00 JPY.
● In this week’s UK charts: Team Sonic Racing opened at number one with the PlayStation 4 version narrowly outselling the Switch version. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe went down to number eight.
● The latest physical release from eastasiasoft and Play-Asia will be Ghost 1.0 + Unepic. Check out the trailer here.
● Deadtoast tweeted that My Friend Pedro is complete and has passed Nintendo certification with release details coming soon.
● Check out my Nintendo E3 2019 page here with all the events and times. I’ll update the page with video links and all the games when known!
● The number of third party Nintendo Switch exclusives is dwindling further, as Grasshopper Manufacture announced Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes will be coming to both PlayStation 4 and Steam.
● A German listing has been posted for a new Nintendo Switch Contra releasing on 24 September.
● There’s also more listings emerging of Witcher 3 coming to Nintendo Switch this September too. We should find out at E3.
● The second TV commercial for Doraemon Nobita no Bokujou Monogatari (Doraemon Story of Seasons) here
● A video for the Puchikon 4 SmileBASIC (Petit Computer 4) game Petit Ray Racing here.
● A character trailer for Kyouka Shintou in Jinrui no Minasama he here.
● A Japanese promo video for Necrobarista here.
● The Steam launch trailer for Vambrace: Cold Soul here.
● A Sisilala TV episode featuring Cuphead here.