Friday Update：Switch Nindies Top 10, Super Mario Party Update, Super Mario Trademark, Plus Much More！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Nintendo revealed the top 10 selling indie games on the Nintendo Switch with (in no particular order) Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight, Overcooked 2, UNDERTALE, Dead Cells, Enter the Gungeon, Graceful Explosion Machine, Celeste, Golf Story, and Overcooked! Special Edition. Thanks to Kotaku.
● Spike Chunsoft announced that AI: The Somnium Files will release for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam on 25 July worldwide. GDC 2019 trailer and Japanese introduction trailer posted here.
● Nintendo updated Super Mario Party to Version 1.0.1 which fixes an issue with Online Mariothon in which ranking data was not displaying properly.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate saw the beginning of the latest spirit board event called Spring Snackfest! It will last all weekend.
● The ARMS Party Crash Bash tournament continues next weekend with Ninjara vs Ribbon Girl. The winner will face Mechanica or Dr. Coyle in the second semi-final (the first sees Min Min vs Twintelle).
● Pokkén Tournament DX saw the latest Group Match begin where participating gives you a Charizard reward.
● Nintendo also posted a list of Roguelike Games for Nintendo Switch here.
● Forever Entertainment tweeted: “One of the greatest milestones in FE history – 1 000 000 games sold on Nintendo Switch! Thank you all for your continuous support, we promise to keep up good work!”
● DICO announced they will be localising the survival horror game Remothered: Tormented Fathers for the Japanese Switch eShop in 2019. Accolades trailer posted here.
● GameTomo revealed that they are the team behind the localisation of Cuphead for the domestic Japanese market.
● View this week’s Nintendo eShop charts for both Switch and 3DS here with the 500 yen Puyo Puyo eSports back at number one. This week’s Switch eShop sales are also posted here which include the FuRyu games WORK×WORK and Beyblade Burst Battle Zero both at half-price.
● And Sega Games revealed that the stage time for the SEGA AGES stage at Sega Fes 2019 will be from 13:45-15:45 JST on 30 March (thanks to Naruki). Expect at least one surprise and hopefully a Virtua Racing release date!
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt #9: Party Balloons event begin. Check out all the available items at this post.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Special Heroes Revival: Spring Festival return featuring Xander: Spring Prince, Lucina: Spring Exalt, Chrom: Spring Exalt, and Camilla: Spring Princess.
● The March Community Day on 23 March in Pokémon GO will feature the Grass-type Pokémon Treecko appear in the wild more frequently for three hours. Altered Forme Giratina will also appear in Raid Battles from 28 March until 02 April where it will then transform into Origin Forme.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. applied for another SUPER MARIO trademark in Japan for a number of goods and services listed at this post.
● From the Dengeki TOP50: Kono Yo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO opened with 2,048 units sold, DESTINY CONNECT sold 1,578 on Switch (and 1,105 on PS4), BLADE ARCUS Rebellion from Shining opened with 1,522 on Switch (and 3,282 on PS4), and Caligula Overdose opened with 1,444.
● And in early sell-throughs for next week’s charts: Super Robot Taisen Ｔ has sold through 60%, Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon EVERY BUDDY！an impressive 70%, Lulua no Atelier ～Arland no Renkinjutsushi４～ has sold 60%, and DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Scarlet has sold 50%.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +0.72% today to close trading for the week at ¥30,700.00.
● The 90’s platformer James Pond Codename: RoboCod is now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop priced at £9.99
● Noob Saibot is the latest fighter confirmed for Mortal Kombat 11 in the reveal trailer here. Shang Tsung has also been revealed as the first DLC character for the game.
● Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Mario Kart are two of the games eligible for the World Video Game Hall of Fame. Vote in the Player’s Choice Ballot here.
● Nippon Ichi Software have opened up a countdown website for a new game which will be revealed in six days time.
● Rainy Frog tweeted that Plantera Garden Life 2 is in development. A Nintendo Switch version is yet to be confirmed, with only Steam announced (well, used as a hashtag in the English version of the tweet).
● A seven minute introduction video and a TV commercial for Nintendo Labo – Toy-Con 04: VR Kit here.
● A cinema commercial for DESTINY CONNECT here.
● Character introduction trailers for Ayato and Kanato in DIABOLIK LOVERS CHAOS LINEAGE here.
● The Japanese customisation introduction video for Team Sonic Racing here.
● A character introduction video for Heart Aino in BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE here.
● Another promo video for Machiknights -Blood Bagos- here.
● And the latest gameplay video for Brave Dungeon: Seigi no Imi (Brave Dungeon -The Meaning of Justice-) here. I guess the English name means a localisation is confirmed!