Monday Update：Splatoon 2 Update, Grand Prix Story Announced, Tetris Trademark, Plus More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Nintendo updated Splatoon 2 to Version 4.5.0 with balance adjustments to several Main Weapons, Sub Weapons, the Ink Storm Special Weapon, the Bomb Defense Up DX Gear Ability, and a number of bug fixes. No new content was added. Check out the official artwork for the Knights vs Wizards Splatfest here.
● Kairosoft announced the auto-racing management simulation game Kaimaku! ! Paddock GP (Grand Prix Story) for release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (21 March) priced at ¥1,200. A simultaneous worldwide release is expected but unconfirmed at present. Official trailer posted here.
● ORENDA announced that the comical shoot ‘em up Alien Cruise will release on the Nintendo Switch eShop worldwide this week (14 March) priced at ¥1,250 (around $11). Promo video posted here.
● PD Design Studio will finally publish the 2D co-op action game game Dusty Raging Fist on the Nintendo Switch eShop this week, although the game will not be releasing in Japan at this time, and there are no current plans to release it in the region.
● FDG Entertainment confirmed to us that the Monster Boy Norowareta Oukoku (Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom) demo will also release in Japan this week.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp players received a Mario’s hat yesterday with Super Mario wallpaper and flooring also available in the in-game shop. The Fishing Tourney with catchable Cheep Cheep and Bloopers arrives later this week alongside a Mario outfit. Today saw Fave Photo Goals Clear goals where you can get 30 x Leaf Tickets, a white gothic rose cookie, and Diana’s Fay cookie for completing several goals!
● Dragalia Lost saw a new difficulty, Prelude, added to High Midgardsormr’s Trial. Tomorrow will also see the next Summon Showcase, The Accursed Archives. I’ll prepare a dedicated post once it goes live!
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Grand Hero Battle – Rutger: Lone Swordsman arrive (artwork posted here). Yesterday saw Tap Battle: Illusory Dungeon – Labyrinth of Mists return.
● Super Mario Run saw the return of the Mario event over the weekend (it’s since come to a close!).
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. are recruiting here in Kyoto for a Game software compatibility evaluator. The company’s shares also dropped by -0.20% today to close trading at ¥29,605.00.
● COMG! rankings have Devil May Cry 5 as the top-selling game in Japan this past week with 226 pts, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the highest-ranking Nintendo Switch title with 24 pts, Keito no Kirby Plus was third, opening with just 21 pts. TSUTAYA rankings are similar, although with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe at fourth, one place above Kirby. GEO have the same top two games with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe at number three and Kirby only at number nine.
● Atsushi Hosokawa of Media Create spoke with Bloomberg and expects that Nintendo should easily hit its revised target of 17 million Switch units sold this fiscal year, that the Switch “is still headed for growth in its third year” and that “We expect its life-cycle to be seven years”.
● NIS America confirmed that The Alliance Alive HD Remastered will release in the West this Fall and also announced Destiny Connect -Tick-Tock Travelers- for localisation. Trailers for both here and here.
● Nintendo of America announced a MAR10Day offer where you can purchase a select Nintendo Switch system and get 50% off one of five Mario games until 16 March, Full details here.
● Ｔｅｔｒｉｓ Ｈｏｌｄｉｎｇ，ＬＬＣ have applied for a TETRIS trademark in Japan which includes for computer game software.
● Kadokawa Games announced the cancellation of the Xbox One version of RPG Tsukuru MV Trinity (RPG Maker MV). The Xbox One version was to have cross-play with the Nintendo Switch version.
● Five new Yokai Watch 4 gameplay videos here.
● A third promo video for Langrisser Ⅰ & II (plus the other two) here.
● The second Japanese TV commercial for Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission here.