Thursday Update：Nintendo Labo VR Kit Announced For 12 April, Plus Much More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Nintendo finally announced their Golden Week title, and the fourth Nintendo Labo release, with Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit launching worldwide on 12 April. The kit will come in two packs: one is ¥8,618 ($79.99) and includes VR Goggles, Wind Pedal, Camera, Elephant, Bird, and Blaster, whilst the other is aimed more at impulse buyings at just ¥4,298 ($39.99) and includes both the VR Goggles and the Blaster.
● Less emphasis has been made on the included game(s) with no screenshots or gameplay video accompanying the press release. From the original Nintendo World Report, it was suggested “that a small, select number of traditional first-party software titles may receive VR support in the not-so-distant future” implying that this VR Kit could see much more extended use than the three other Labo Kits. Check out pictures of the VR Goggles, other Toy-Con, and the packaging at this post.
● The bartender simulation game VA-11 Hall-A received a Japanese release date of 30 May on both Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 with a physical version planned, priced at ¥3,758 and including an Original Soundtrack CD as an early purchase benefit.
● Check out the full list of spirits for this weekend’s upcoming Taking the Lead Spirit Board event for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate including Legend-class spirit Black Shadow and Ace-class spirits Blood Falcon and Jody Summer are at this post.
● And check out the February Online Tournament rankings for Mario Tennis Ace at this post.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment updated Tales of Vesperia REMASTER to Version 1.2 and fixed a rare issue in which the game would freeze during gameplay, adjusted the height of certain enemies both in the overworld map and in battle, fixed the display lag that would occur in Mantaic, adjusted the behaviour of stick controls during battle, fixed an issue in which Flynn’s voice would play in Japanese when changing his strategy to “Up To You” during battle, even when voiceover settings had been set to English, and improved stability of other behaviours.
● Inti Creates updated Dragon Marked For Death to Version 1.3.0 where the amount of experience points awarded for completing a quest has decreased, the amount of experience points earned by defeating enemies during quests has increased, therefore increasing the overall amount of experience earned when failing a quest, when using the Shortcuts menu in town to move to a location, you will now be placed directly inside the building instead of outside it, and much more.
● The Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version! Vocaloid Song Pack 2 DLC is now available worldwide priced at ¥540 featuring five new vocaloid tracks (Dance Robot Dance, A Tale of Six Trillion Years and a Night, HAPPY SYNTHESIZER, Woof Meow World, and MIRAI) and the Mirai Komachi character.
● Gianty announced the 2D action RPG GOKEN for release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 March priced at ¥980. The game will include over 10 hours of gameplay for the main story. Check out the latest trailer for the Steam version here.
● Nomada Studio announced that GRIS has sold 300,000 lifetime to date worldwide on all platforms and a free Undone update that includes a small catalog of unused music and designs browsable from the menu will be coming soon, as well as a 15% discount for the game (see below).
● 30 more games have been added to the Japanese Switch eShop sales including 30% off Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy DX, 80% off De Mambo, 50% off Overcooked! Special Edition, and many more detailed here.
● Nintendo released their final ever scheduled first party game for Nintendo 3DS today with Keito no Kirby Plus (Kirby’s Epic Extra Yarn). The game will be available worldwide tomorrow. Check out the Weekly Famitsu print advert here.
● As mentioned in yesterday’s update, the final ever scheduled 3DS retail game in Japan Daisenryaku Daitoua Koboshi DX ~Dainiji Sekai Taisen~ will release on 23 May Check out the. opening movie for the game at this post.
● Not many digital titles are left scheduled for Nintendo 3DS although Mobile Ball from XFLAG which will feature cross-play with the smartphone versions, and Fly! Dragon from Amzy being two of the most notable.
● The Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp team acknowledged Even if you place the “blue flower patch” item received as a reward in the second half of the event, the animals won’t dance. They plan on fixing this issue so that the animals behave as intended.
● Fire Emblem Heroes was updated to Version 3.3.0 where the Inherit Skill feature has been expanded to where a single Hero can now transfer up to four skills to an ally, the Aetheric Lift loss reduction effect provided by Anima and Dark Mythic Heroes will be strengthened slightly, and new weapon skills and weapons to refine have been added and detailed at this post. Today also saw a new map in Tactics Drills: Skill Studies.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. announced that their Fiscal Year Earnings Release will be on 25 April 2019.
● Check out this week’s Nintendo-only Famitsu Most Wanted here with Dragon Quest XI S again on top, and this week’s Nintendo-only Famitsu software and hardware charts here with five of this week’s new Switch releases failing to chart (JUDGEMENT 7, My Girlfriend is a Mermaid!?, Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart 2, Trials Rising, and Yunohana SpRING！ ～Mellow Times～), selling under 1,856 each.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by +1.93% today to close trading at ¥30,480.00.
● PQube Games announced that the 2D platform action RPG Aggelos will be coming to Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on 25 April. Check out the announcement trailer here.
● A new trailer for Yáng Chūn Bái Xuě Lyrica here.
● Another promo video for Shiritsu Verbara Gakuen ～Versailles no Bara Re*imagination～ here.
● Gameplay video and rule explanation video for Real Time Battle Shogi here.
● A 15 minute Special Scenario gameplay video for Super Robot Taisen T (Super Robot Wars T) here.
● Japanese Switch launch trailer for The Shrouded Isle here.
● The latest Team Sonic Racing BGM video is for Frozen Junkyard here.
● And the 22nd episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Castle here.
● Thanks to Naruki for the VA-11 Hall-A date!