Second Daily Update：Pokémon Sword And Shield Announced For Nintendo Switch, Plus More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Please note that this is the second of two updates today. Check out the first update here.
● The Pokémon Direct gave us Generation 8 with the announcement of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield for simultaneous worldwide release in late 2019. Check out the full Direct here, the first trailer here, and the three starters (Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble) here.
● Dragon Quest Builders 2: Hakaishin Shidoo to Karappo no Shima received a Version 1.4.0 update, the ‘Japanese-style pack’ DLC, and an eShop sale (reduced from ¥8,424 to ¥6,739) today.
● Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes was also updated, adding the Black Dandelion DLC, plus many new T-shirts (including Zelda II: The Adventure of Link) pictured at this post.
● In an update to our ORENDA post yesterday: Isoland and Isoland 2 Ashes of Time are both confirmed for Switch (trailers here), Rain City is confirmed for Switch and PS4 (trailer here), Alien Cruise is confirmed for Switch (trailer here), and Kami Ningyou is confirmed for PS4 only (I’m not linking to a PS4 trailer!).
● CFK announced they are publishing the co-op ARPG Machiknights -Blood Bagos- on the Japanese Switch eShop in Japan on 14 March priced at ¥1,620 with preloads now live. English language is supported so a worldwide release is to be expected. Screenshots posted here (unfortunately no trailer).
● Eastasiasoft announced they are publishing the 2D action adventure game Reverie: Sweet As Edition on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (07 March) priced at ¥1,480 with preloads now live at 20% off (¥1,184). Japanese trailer posted here.
● Starsign will be localising Enjoy Up Games’s retro-style game 99 Seconds on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (07 March) priced at just ¥300. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Kairosoft published a demo for the feudal simulation game Gassen!! Ninja Mura (Ninja Village) on the Japanese Switch eShop where the full game released priced at ¥1,200. The game releases worldwide this week so it is expected the demo will also be so.
● In a further update to VASARA Collection – it’s currently 80% complete and is scheduled for Spring delivery on the eShop, courtesy of Chorus Worldwide.
● This week’s Japanese Switch preloads are at this post and include Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission, as well as Kono Yo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO (YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World), Langrisser Ⅰ＆Ⅱ, and LEGO Movie 2 The Game (The Lego Movie 2 Videogame).
● Check out this week’s full list of Nintendo eShop releases at this post.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will see a new gardening event tomorrow hosted by Pavé!
● Dragalia Lost will see the Summon Showcase, Thunder and Splendor begin tomorrow. Some of the featured adventurers, dragons, and wyrmprints detailed at this post.
● Anthem was the best-selling game in Japan last week using Media Create data opening with 77,938, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe was the best-selling Switch title with 23,235, Gyakuten Saiban 123 Naruhodo Selection (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy) opened with 8,202 across both platforms, and Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console with 53,270. Check out more numbers at this post.
● Johnny Cage was officially revealed for Mortal Kombat 11. Check out the reveal trailer here.
● PQube Games tweeted that they are working on a patch to get Tokyo School Life back on the North American Switch eShop after the ESRB rating changed from Everyone to Teen.
● The Cosen launch livestream for Boku no Kanojo wa Ningyo Hime！？ My Girlfriend is a Mermaid!? here.
● The latest countdown trailer for JUDGEMENT 7 Ore-tachi no Sekai wa Owatteiru。 (Our World is Ended) here.