Friday Update：11 Games Announced For Japan Including Hoppe-Chan, Plus Much More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● 11 new Nintendo Switch games were announced for Japan today including three retail titles and eight download only (seven of them localisations). The highlight of the new announcements is the latest Hoppe-Chan title, which is the first for Switch, and which sees the cute creatures team up with Sanrio characters!
● This weekend also sees several in-game events including the Pancakes vs. Waffles Splatfest for Western Splatoon 2 owners, plus another spirits event in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, another Group Match in Pokkén Tournament DX, a Gyroidite event in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, and a fishing event in Animal Crossing: New Leaf!
● The fourth Hoppe-Chan game Puru Chara Friends Hoppe-Chan to Sanrio Characters has been announced by Neos for 25 April release on Nintendo Switch priced at ¥5,184. The game will include popular Sanrio characters in the Hoppe-Chan universe. Box art and screenshot posted here.
● D3 Publisher announced two retail compilations for Japan with the sports game collection THE Taikan！Sports Pack ～Tennis・Bowling・Golf・Billiard～ and the variety game collection THE Variety Game Dai Shuugou ～Kingyo Sukui・Card・Suuji Puzzle・Nikakudori～ both scheduled for 04 April priced at ¥2,870 for each set. The sports game collection even includes a brand new game THE Golf.
● The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Well-Rounded Spirits event has begun which features Legend-class spirits Shine Sprite and Sukapon for a limited time plus many more spirits detailed at this post.
● Pokkén Tournament DX sees an Underworld Ruler Group Match this weekend where participating earns you a Aegislash based reward.
● Cherrymochi tweeted that: “TOKYO DARK -Remembrance- for Switch and PS4 released pushed back a bit. Still on it’s way, it’s looking awesome!” The game was originally slated for a Winter release where it will be published in Japan by UNTIES.
● Success have finished the development of Umihara Kawase Fresh! with the game now submitted for a rating. The intended release date is 25 April 2019.
● Imagineer have apologised for some retail shortages of Fit Boxing (Fitness Boxing), which has picked up pack in sales across Japan, and encouraged prospective buyers to purchase the download version.
● Square-Enix announced that the first DLC ‘Japanese-Style’ Pack for Dragon Quest Builders 2: Hakaishin Shidoo to Karappo no Shima will release in late February priced at ¥756. A livestream will air on 13 February at 21:00 JST with the fulll details.
● MAGES. announced that Famicolle ACT YU-NO no DaiBouken (the retro game free with initial purchases of Kono Yo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO) has gone gold. The release date is set for 14 March.
● Teyon Japan opened up a new subsidiary label Digital Bards concentrating on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 localisations for the Japanese market. The first title is 30 in 1 Mini Game Collection Vol.1 (30-in-1 Game Collection: Volume 1) due on 21 February priced at ¥1,500. The second title is Enigmatis 2：Ravenwood no Kiri (Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood) due in March priced at ¥1,000. The third title is Kenchiku！Gondola ＆ Lift (When Ski Lifts Go Wrong) due in March/April priced at ¥1,500. Trailers for all three games here, here, and here respectively.
● Starsign announced Imomushi Wars DX (literally ‘Caterpillar Wars DX’) for release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (14 February) priced at ¥500. The game is a DX port of the 3DS original and boats three modes (Mission, Mini Football, and Obstacle Race). Promo video posted here.
● SOEDESCO announced that they’ll also be releasing the futuristic racing game Xenon Racer for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam in Japan on 26 March, although it will be digital only in Japan. Announcement trailer posted here.
● Mechanic Arms will be localising a couple of Undercoders’ platform games for the Japanese Switch eShop with Superola and The Lost Burgers releasing on 14 February and Dexteritrip on 28 February, with both games priced at ¥540. Trailers posted here and here respectively.
● Worker Bee’s next localisation will be for the puzzle-platformer de Blob 2 as Blob Colorful na Kibou Returns. The game releases on 21 February with price TBD. The first de Blob game only released in Japan on 20 December.
● Rising Star Games announced that the release date for the co-op shooter RICO has moved to 14 March priced at €19.99 / $19.99 / ¥2,570.
● Liquid Bit’s upcoming multiplayer action-strategy platformer Killer Queen Black was also confirmed for Q3 release in Japan.
● Take-Two Interactive delivered a free update to NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 adding the Charlotte All Star Court and 70 new players, including Patrick Ewing and Ben Wallace. All Star trailer posted here.
● Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori) will see the year’s second Fishing Tourney begin tomorrow between 09:00-18:00, with the Awards ceremony taking place in Chip’s tent from 18:00-21:00.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt Valentine’s Jam Session event begin with scarlet gyroidite and scarlet-hued items all detailed at this post.
● Dragalia Lost will see the story event Valentine’s Confections begin on 14 February where you can unlock special memories to share with various characters.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Special Heroes: Greil’s Devoted arrive featuring Greil: Heroic Exemplar, Soren: Addled Strategist, Mist: Purest Spirit, and Ike: Stalwart Heart. Introductory videos posted here and official artwork posted here. Today also saw Bound Hero Battle: Ephraim and Myrrh, and the February Special Orb Promo.
● In Dengeki data: Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition sold 1,267 in its opening week in Japan where the packaged version is published by Oizumi Amuzio.
● Nintendo posted the Download-only software recommendation ranking for February (here) which was topped by Ultimate Chicken Horse. Underneath games were GRIS, Hollow Knight, Futari de！Nyanko Daisensou, Gain Ground, ICEY, R-Type Dimensions EX, Donkey Kong JR., IKARUGA and BLACK BIRD.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by a further -0.12% today to close trading for the week at ¥29,280.00.
● Genius Sonority tweeted that today is the event anniversary of the first Denpa Ningen no RPG (The Denpa Men) game on Nintendo 3DS, and finished with “We look forward to your continued efforts in the future!”.
● Capcom revealed that Monster Hunter XX (Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate) has sold 3.0 million units worldwide (the Nintendo 3DS entry was at 1,828,510 which infers the Nintendo Switch version is at 1,171,490).
● The second promo video for Langrisser Ⅰ＆Ⅱ here.
● The opening movie for JUDGEMENT 7 -Ore-tachi no Sekai wa Owatteiru- (Our World is Ended) here.
● A promo video for YUMENIKKI -DREAM DIARY- here.
● A couple of short movies for Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6 DX here.
● The Switch trailer for Modern Combat Blackout here.
● The Phantasy Star Online 2 ARKS NEW YEAR CARNIVAL 2019 introduction movie Part 4 here.
● The western launch trailer for BlazBlue Central Fiction Special Edition here.
● The Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s Journey ‘Into the Body’ trailer here.
● Thanks to Naruki for lots of news tips help today!