Thursday Update：Kirby 3DS Demo Releases In Japan And Europe, Plus Much More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Nintendo published a demo for perhaps their last Nintendo 3DS title Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn on the eShop today in both Europe and Japan (where it is known as Keito no Kirby Plus). The demo requires 832 blocks, is limited to 20 plays and lets you play two levels of the game with two difficulty settings. Check out the game introduction video and amiibo introduction video at this post.
● Nintendo of America announced a new limited-time Nintendo Switch bundle for sale on 15 February in the U.S. priced at $299.99, and which includes a $35 Nintendo eShop Download Code.
● Rounding up the first round of the ARMS Party Crash Bash tournament will be Mechanica vs Master Mummy with the theme of ‘Heavyweight Clash’ beginning on 15 February. The winner will take on Dr. Coyle in the second round!
● H2 INTERACTIVE announced they will be localising the 2D tower-building simulation game Project Highrise: Architect’s Edition for Japan on 25 April priced at ¥5,184. Box art posted here.
● Koei Tecmo Games announced that Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland will release on 21 May in North America and 24 May in Europe (the Japanese Lulua no Atelier ～Arland no Renkinjutsushi４ launches on 20 March).
● PQube Games announced the visual novel game Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa! for 2019 release in the West on Switch, PlayStation4 and Steam. Announcement trailer here.
● Chucklefish today published the acclaimed strategy RPG Wargroove on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥2,050 with multiple language support (including English!).
● Gameloft announced that the FPS Modern Combat Blackout will release on the Nintendo Switch eShop next week (14 February in Europe and 15 February in Japan) priced at £19.99/¥2,400.
● Today’s Hamster livestream revealed no new games but did reconfirm Arcade Archives IKARI (Ikari Warriors) so a release date is likely expected within the next few weeks.
● CyberStep have updated Akatsuki no Breakers (Dawn of the Breakers) where you can now link with the smartphone version of the game and vice-versa. By linking your accounts, you will receive a 100 Spirit Gem present.
● Mechanic Arms sent a mystery tweet of “2019.02.14? ¥540”. The company have planned three titles for this year with codenames of ■, S, and３.
● Compile Heart’s Genkai Tokki Moero Chronicle Ｈ (Moero Chronicle Hyper) became the second Nintendo Switch title after Taisen Hot Gimmick: Cosplay-Jan for Nintendo Switch to see its main eShop image censored. Both images added to this post.
● Kadokawa Games announced that Langrisser I&II will be available to preload on the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 February with a ¥500 discount. A demo is now available.
● Nintendo updated Mario & Luigi RPG3 DX (Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr’s Journey) to Version 1.1 that fixes an issue where the player sometimes got stuck on a certain map when controlling Luigi.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp players received a best-friend confection for you to give to any animal at your campsite or cabin. Image here. Your favourite animal will then gift you something in return!
● Dragalia Lost sees the Catch-Up Campaign today – if you clear all of the daily endeavours, you can earn 100 wyrmite each day for a total of 1,500 during the campaign period! All Catch-Up Campaign endeavour details posted here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw its large Version 3.2.0 update adding the Dragon flower item, Heroic Ordeals and more. Check out more information (including the new 2nd Anniversary app icon) at this post. Also today is Bound Hero Battle: Hector and Matthew, a new map in Tactics Drills: Skill Studies, and the Find & Vote Heroes event has become Feh Fever. Owain also defeated Corrin in the final of Voting Gauntlet: Mothers and Sons.
● Check out this week’s Famitsu Most Wanted here with Animal Crossing on top and a new entry for Darius Cozmic Collection. Also check out this week’s Famitsu software charts here with four new entries on Nintendo Switch!
● Sega Centers today have two new UFO catcher plushies with the Splatoon 2 × Hello Kitty Tentacles Mascot (pictured here) featuring Pearl and a pale Marina.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by a further -0.64% today to close trading at ¥29,315.00.
● A Dragon Marked For Death Soundtrack was announced for 01 March with full orchestra, 16 page booklet and cover posted here priced at ¥4,320.
● A SEGA AGES OutRun -Music Collection- soundtrack was also announced for 06 March with 15 songs including four new ones. Cover posted here.
● Capcom’s Hidaki Itsuno speaks to VG247 talks about the possibility of Dante in Super Smash Bros. and that it’d require Devil May Cry on a Nintendo console first: “Well, that’s the thing. Devil May Cry has never been on a Nintendo platform. So it seems like the first thing to do would be to get Capcom to put Devil May Cry on a Nintendo platform in some way, shape or form – whatever game that might be.”
● Sega Games’ recent trademark applications for StarHorse 4 all include for “Program for home video game machine”.
● The second major promo video for DESTINY CONNECT here.
● The opening movie for Shiritsu Verbara Gakuen 〜Versailles no Bara Re*imagination〜 here.
● Another animated trailer for Dragon Marked For Death here.
● A release date trailer for Fushigi no Gensokyo -Lotus Labyrinth- here.
● The opening movie for Boku no Kanojo wa Ningyo Hime！？ My Girlfriend is a Mermaid!? here.
● 13 (not a typo) new videoclips for Wizard’s Symphony here.
● The post-launch content trailer for Trials Rising here.
● An UNTIES trailer for BATTLLOON here.
● Another introduction video for Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart 2 -Nora, Princess, and Crying Cat.- here.
● The AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected launch trailer here.
● The 18th episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Castle here.
● And the latest three hour Arks Winter Challenge livestream for Phantasy Star Online 2 here.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!