Wednesday News Update With Kirby Star Allies Starts Strong, Plus Lots Of New Switch Games!
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Hoshi no Kirby: Star Allies opened with an impressive 220,031 units sold in Japan using Media Create data and 223,811 using Famitsu. Full Nintendo charts posted here.
● HORI announced an officially licensed 256GB microSDXC Card for Nintendo Switch releasing on 31 May priced at ¥23,738 ($223). Pictures added here
● Arc System Works announced the 2D top-down racing game Gotcha Racing Second for the eShop next week (29 March) priced at ¥1,200. Introduction video added here
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced that Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm Trilogy for Nintendo Switch (Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy) will be sold both as a single download (priced at ¥7,344) or separately (priced at ¥2,700 per game). All are now available to preload.
● Heart Machine’s 2D Action RPG Hyper Light Drifter will also be coming to Nintendo Switch in Japan where it’s expected to be published by PLAYISM.
● Rainy Frog announced the jigsaw puzzler Ugoku Jigsaw Puzzle: Nihon no Fuukei Collection (literally Moving Jigsaw Puzzle: Japanese Landscape Collection) for the eShop releasing on 05 April 2018 priced at ¥999. Introduction video added here.
● D3 Publisher announced that the otome game Teikoku Kaleido -Kakumei no Rondo- will be coming to the eShop next week (29 March) priced at ¥2,980. Introduction video added here.
● Zerodiv will publish the horizontally scrolling shoot ‘em up Sengoku Blade for Nintendo Switch (Tengai) on the eShop next week (29 March) priced at ¥864.
● Hamster will publish the side-scrolling beat ‘em up ACA NEOGEO Sengoku Denshou 2001 (Sengoku 3) on the eShop next week (29 March) priced at ¥823.
● Teyon Japan will publish the roguelike survival adventure game The Flame in the Flood: Complete Edition on the eShop next week (29 March) priced at ¥1,500. Launch trailer added here.
● Coatsink Software will bring the competitive sports game ClusterPuck 99 to the eShop next week (29 March) priced at ¥1,100.
● And CIRCLE Ent. will bring the horror game Layers of Fear: Legacy to the eShop next week (29 March) priced at ¥2,000 although it is currently available to preload for ¥1,600.
● Level-5’s classic Action RPG The Snack World: Trejarers Gold is now available to preload on the eShop priced at ¥6,458 with the full game available from 12 April.
● Manticore – Galaxy on Fire has reportedly been postponed although it is still listed as tomorrow on the Japanese eShop. I’ll update tomorrow!
● Fire Emblem Musou has been updated to Ver. 1.5.0 adding a Blessing that raises all enemy levels to 150, a new weapon skill where you can raise normal weapon ATK to max and you can reset character levels to 1 in exchange for materials. DLC Pack 3 is available from 31 March for ¥1,400 adding the Awakening characters (Olivia, Tharja and Owain) and more.
● The official guidebook for Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete is now available to purchase digitally in places like Book Walker etc.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the second part of the Super Mario Crossover Event begin with li’l bro’s (Luigi’s) hat and tee, ? Block, floating Block, Fire Flower, 1-Up Mushroom and Super Star. More information with pictures here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw a new Summoning Focus: Weapons To Refine with Leo, Eirika and Soren.
● Miitomo saw the “Ride faster than the wind! Cycling Fashion [B]” stages added to Miitomo Drop featuring Raised Cuff Cargo Trousers, Cycle Shoes, Bicycle Companion and Bicycle Uniform (Team B) all pictured here.
● Pokémon GO will see the Eggstravaganza event return tomorrow with even greater variety of Pokémon to be found in 2 km Eggs including Wynaut and Ralts, plus an increased hatch rate of certain Pokémon, such as Pichu and Togepi.
● Epic Games announced that the action-adventure survival game ΛRK: Survival Evolved will be coming to Nintendo Switch later this year.
● Next week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu will have a lead feature celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Grasshopper Manufacture including an interview with CEO Koichi Suda who will reveal ‘long-awaited information of new work’
● A new trailer for Hoshi no Kirby: Star Allies featuring the dream friends Rick & Kine & Coo here.