The niconico service for Wii U will end soon with sales of the Premium Tickets scheduled to end on 01 August, delivery of the software will end on 28 October, with the service totally ending on 28 November. Many thanks to Naruki.
Square-Enix have announced that Version 4.5 of Dragon Quest X Online will launch for the Nintendo Switch and Wii U versions of the game on 26 June, adding a “My Town” feature where you can build up to three houses, with new weapons, and much more. The Version 5 update (see this post) is planned for later in 2019.
Super Converter for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch
Columbus Circle are releasing a Super Converter for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on 19 July which allows a PS4 Wireless Controller, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Joystick, Wii Classic Controller, and Wii Pro Controller to be used on a Switch (and Switch controllers on a PS4). Preorder here and use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 off. Images added below…
Square-Enix have announced Dragon Quest X Ibara no Miko to Horobi no Kami Online (literally ‘The Maiden of Thorns and the God of Destruction’) for release later this year. The Nintendo Switch version will include a physical release, where-as the Wii U version will be download only. The Nintendo 3DS version is cloud-based, thus no additional content is required.
Edit: the Switch version will be a download code inside the package. First screenshots added below…
Nintendo have added 10 first-party Wii U games to the the Japanese My Nintendo Rewards including the pictured above Paper Mario: Color Splash as well as Super Mario 3D World and two x The Legend of Zelda titles (Twilight Princess HD and The Wind Waker HD). Check out the full list of rewards at this page.
Bandai Namco US have announced that the service for the online treasure-hunting action game LOST REAVERS is scheduled to end on 30 May 2019 with no in-game purchase available from 28 March. The Japanese listing makes no mention of the termination date, although I suspect it will be worldwide. The game originally launched on 02 December 2015 in Japan and 28 April 2016 in the West.
In Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1576, which releases in a few hours in Japan, Platinum Games’s Atsushi Inaba talks with Final Fantasy XV Director Hajime Tabata about wanting to put The Wonderful 101 on Nintendo Switch. He jokes that since so few people played the original, that he could introduce it as a new title!
Cosen are holding a 200 yen ($1.8) sale for both the puzzle game Shinobi no PAZURU (Pazuru) on the Nintendo 3DS eShop and the runner game Run Run and Die on the Wii U eShop until 06 February 2019. Check out trailers for both games below the bump…
Square-Enix have announced that the Version 4.4 Utsuro Naru Hana no Yurikago Dragon Quest X Online update will release for Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (plus PlayStation 4 and Windows) on 05 December. Service will soon be terminated on the Wii. Update trailer added below…
Nintendo have announced that the Wii U system has sold 13.56 million units worldwide by 30 September 2018 with software at 102.53 million units sold. This will likely be the final number for the system.
● The Splatoon 2 Octoling amiibo will see players get the Enchanted, Steel and Fresh Fish gear for the Girl, Boy and Octopus respectively. Pictures and video added here.
● Mario Tennis Ace(s) updated to Ver.2.0.1 with the slice shot’s power being reduced slightly, changes to several character abilities and more.
● Famitsu have stopped tracking Wii U hardware numbers in Japan. The final numbers we have for Japan are 3,303,541.
● Dr. Serkan Toto reported that two Nintendo-published apps are in the top 10 top grossing in Japan for the first time with Fire Emblem Heroes at #4 and #6, and Dragalia Lost at #10 and #4 on iOS and Android respectively.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will see a Poké Ball Scavenger Hunt featuring cuddly Eevee-themed items start in a few hours. The game was also updated to Ver.1.9.0 today adding ‘Sky Viewing Mode’ and more detailed here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Tempest Trials+ begin featuring Myrrh: Great Dragon, Dorcas: Serene Warrior and Mia: Lady of Blades.
● Pokémon GO will see a greater number of female Pokémon along with Shiny Nidoran, Nidorina, and Nidoqueen for the next 24 hours.
● Japanese studio G-mode announced the card game SpiderSolitaire BLACK for the Switch eShop next week (18 November) priced at $5. A Japanese release is expected.
● Bandai’s latest trademark application for たまごっちみーつ (Tamagotchi Meets) includes ‘program for home video game machine’.
● And Taito applied for an image trademark for The Ninja Warriors in Japan.
● All the Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth character trailers with today’s addition being Margaret here.
● A promo video for the new San-X character game Gesshi~zu: Gajigaji Nakama wo Sodateyouhere.
● A promo video for the Jake Hunter prequel Daedalus: The Awakening of Golden Jazzhere.
● A promo video for PEACH BALL: Senran Kagurahere.
● And a promo video for Saikyo no Mahjong 〜Mannin no Tame no Mahjong Dojo〜here.
● Thanks to naruki for several news tips again today.
This month’s Japanese My Nintendo Rewards include 30% discounts off both The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Yoshi’s Woolly World for the Wii U and a 30% discount off The Dead Head Breakers for Nintendo 3DS. This is inanition to the Xenoblade 2 rewards (detailed here). Check out the full list of rewards here.
Nintendo have updated the Wii U system to Version 5.5.3J where “Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience”. Thanks to Miketendo64.