● Animal Crossing: New Horizons saw its first even today with the Bunny Day event which also welcomed the arrival of Zipper T. Bunny. Check your game is at Version 1.1.1a in order to play. Screenshots posted here.
● I don’t normally like posting rumours but a couple of noteworthy ones from the past couple of days with the first being a Flipnote Studio Switch version (thanks to Kody and Source Gaming). The other is from multiple outlets and includes a new Paper Mario, remasters of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy, and a deluxe version of Super Mario 3D World.
● An insane week both in and especially out of the gaming world. Nintendo shadow dropped a Nintendo Direct mini on Thursday with the full list of new announcements and (Japanese) presentation at this post.
● ARMS is now free to play for the next week for Nintendo Switch Online members with the “Battle for Stardom” Party Crash event taking place this weekend featuring Spring Man vs. Ribbon Girl. Yesterday’s top story was an ARMS rep joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in June.
● Apologies for the late and brief update: an impromptu Nintendo Direct mini included an ARMS representative coming to Smash in June, Xenoblade dated for May 29, Mr. Driller, a Bravely Default II demo, and much more in our dedicated post.
● Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now the fastest-selling Switch game in Japan selling 1,880,626 physical copies in just three days with Nintendo Switch also having its best week ever selling 392,576 units, more than launch week, and now overtaking Wii in the country.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. applied for a new image trademark in Japan for the ? Block for multiple purposes including gaming and merchandising. Check out the image used and the actual application at this post.