This week’s preloads on the Japanese Nintendo Switch eShop include the pictured GOD EATER 3 (¥7,344, 11.5 GB, and supports English), as well as VA-11 Hall-A (¥2,160, 355 MB, and supports English), Summer Pockets (¥6,800, 5.5 GB, with no English), Shingeki no Kyojin２ -Final Battle- (¥5,184 if you own the original or ¥8,424 if not, 4.6 GB for the upgrade and no size listed for the full download, both with no English), and Jinrui no Minasama he (¥7,538, 3.0 GB, with no English). Check out the full release schedule here.
● PROTOTYPE will publish the pictured romance visual novel game Summer Pockets for Nintendo Switch on 20 June 2019 priced at ¥7,776. Box art posted here.
● Square-Enix announced a second live Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete S (Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition) broadcast for 27 March between 21:00 and 22:00 JST, and featuring Yuji Horii and Hokuto Okamoto, more of the voice cast.
● An undisclosed Tokyo videogame company is recruiting for a major Nintendo Switch 3D RPG. The address implies the company could be Marvelous (although this part is speculation).
● FINAL FANTASY VII (26 March, ¥1,800, and 3.7 GB), FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster (11 April, ¥6,566, and 26.9 GB), and FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE (25 April, ¥6,264, and 12.6 GB) are all available to preload on the Japanese Switch eShop. Promo videos for the latter two games posted here.
● Kakehashi Games have confirmed that Steel Crate Games’s local co-op party puzzle game Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes will release on the Japanese Switch eShop this week (28 February) as Kanzen Bakudan Kaijo Manyuaru：Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes with price TBD.
● Cosen will be holding a trial event for the upcoming action game Panty Party in their Tokyo offices on 09 March. Go here for more details.
● And ICYMI: check out this week’s current planned Nintendo eShop line-up for Japan (20 games) at this post.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will undergo maintenance on 27 February (26th in North America) which fixes an issue when you preview the terrain of your campsite, the winter design will be featured instead of spring. Today saw Cabin Decoration Goals where you can earn Leaf Tickets and sparkle stones.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Heroes with Blazing Light featuring Celica, Leif, and Ophelia on Saturday, and Grand Hero Battle – Panne: Proud Taguel on Sunday. Today saw 2nd Anniversary Heroes, Summoning Focus: Voting Gauntlet, Set A and Set B featuring Myrrh, Azura, Lyn, Duma, Katarina, Lewyn, Morgan, Cecilia, Soren, and Innes.
● COMG! rankings saw Anthem as the best-selling game for last week in Japan totalling 189 points (for both editions), no new entries for Nintendo platform games. TSUTAYA again have Anthem on top with Gyakuten Saiban 123 Naruhodo Selection (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy) debuting at number 12 (PlayStation 4 version is number 17), and GIRLS und PANZER Dream Tank Match DX at number 20. The best-selling Switch game of the week will likely either be New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe or Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate). GEO’s report is similar to the above.
● Check out this month’s Nintendo Dream Most Wanted with Animal Crossing and Pokémon again challenging for the top spot here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +0.97% today to close trading at ¥30,320.00.
● Capcom announced that Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil, and Resident Evil 4 are coming to the Nintendo Switch eShop on 21 May. Resident Evil Origins Collection (containing 0 and 1) will also receive a retail release in North America, but not Europe. I’ll write a separate post as soon as they’re confirmed for Japan (likely in a few hours time).
● Games Industry report that Anthem is number one in the UK charts, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate are numbers seven, eight, and 10 respectively.
● Deep Silver announced that Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package will release for Nintendo Switch on 10 May.
● Headup Games announced that Trüberbrook will launch at digital on 17 April and at retail on 19 April.
● Sega Games have opened voting for games to be included in the Mega Drive Mini where you can vote (here) for either Sonic the Hedgehog 1 or 2, Puyo Puyo 1 or 2, and Shining Force 1 or 2. The results will be announced at Sega Fes 2019 on 30 March.
● Business Wire report that a 1TB SanDisk Extreme UHS-I microSD card will launch in April 2019 priced at $449.99 (MSRP). It will be compatible with Nintendo Switch.
● Koei Tecmo Games have opened up a Monster Farm (Monster Rancher) Twitter on the series’ 20th anniversary.
● Square-Enix have now applied for a MYSTIC QUEST trademark in Japan. This is in addition to both COLLECTION OF MANA and SECRET OF MANA.
● A new Japanese TV commercial for Pocket Monsters: Let’s Go! Pikachu／Eeveehere.
● Character introduction videos for Wild Liger, Gannontoise, Gilraptor, Gabrigator, Scorpear, Knuckle Kong, and Triceradagos in Zoids Wild: King of Blasthere.
● The world introduction ‘heaven’ video for Umihara Kawase Fresh!here.
● A 30 minute video talking about Darius Gaiden and the Darius Cozmic Collectionhere.
PROTOTYPE will publish the Key/Visual Arts romance visual novel game Summer Pockets for Nintendo Switch on 20 June priced at ¥7,776. Preorders will soon open here – use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 off. Many thank to Naruki. Box art added below…
Prototype have announced the Key developed visual novel game Summer Pockets for Spring 2019 release on Nintendo Switch. The game is currently available on Steam and was released earlier this week on iOS. Check out the box art here and game’s opening movie below…