Shovel Knight Plans Detailed In Yacht Club Games Presents
The recent Yacht Club Games Presents video presentation revealed that Shovel Knight: King of Cards is finally finished and includes an all-new card game, Joustus. Shovel Knight Showdown will be available as a free update to all existing versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (which launches digitally and physically in December). A whole new adventure, Shovel Knight Dig was announced. All upcoming games will also add Korean and Traditional and Simplified Chinese language support. Check out three new trailers below…
Flyhigh Works will be exhibiting the Yacht Club Games developed Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove at the Tokyo Game Show next month in the Konami Booth and are set to publish it at retail in Japan in 2019. The Shovel Knight game(s) has amassed sales of more than two million units worldwide across all platforms.
48 new games have been added to the Japanese Switch eShop sales including 50% off Freedom Planet (¥740), 50% off Shovel Knight (¥1,080), 75% off Thumper (¥499), and 70% off GoNNER (¥329). Check out the full list of Japanese Switch eShop sales here.
Flyhigh Works have announced they will publish a physical version of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove in Japan in 2019. It’s unknown at this stage whether the three new amiibo will also see a Japanese release.
A new Shovel Knight three-pack amiibo has been announced with Specter Knight, Plague Knight and King Knight at Nindies@Night live from PAX West. Travis Strikes Again will also feature a Shovel Knight collaboration. Many thanks to Felipe. More pictures and a reveal video added below!
Shantae and Shovel Knight coming to Blaster Master Zero
Inti Creates have announced that playable characters for both Shantae and Shovel Knight will be available as DLC in Blaster Master Zero for both Nintendo Switch and 3DS in Version 1.3 of the game. Shantae will be available from 6 July with Shovel Knight from 3 August. Both characters will be free for the first two weeks. Update trailer added below…
Monday Update with Shovel Knight releases in Japan, Nintendo file trademarks, plus more news!
● Shovel Knight (Treasure Trove version) is finally available for Nintendo Switch in Japan priced at ¥2,160 (just under $20). Yacht Club told us “There’s no plan to release Specter Knight separately at this time.” Of-course, it’s included with the new Switch release.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. have applied for new trademarks in Japan for Ever Oasis, Hey! Pikmin and the two new Kirby eShop games. Nothing new however. Company shares rose again by another 1.31% and are now at 33,950 – their highest point since 2008!
● The Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. Special Pack sold out on the e-Capcom online store in around 100 minutes. A Limited Edition (without console but with game, bag, CD, book and mascot) was also announced along with an All In Box and a Pouch.
● Yoru no Nai Kuni 2: Shingetsu no Hanayome (Nights of Azure 2) will release on 31 August in Japan with regular, Special Collection Box and Premium Box editions.
● Tokyo RPG Factory who developed I Am Setsuna for Square Enix have updated their background image on their website inherently teasing a new game.
● Square Enix have four more Dragon Quest XI Countdown Carnival livestreams planned (10 June, 17 June, 7 July and 17 July) listed on their YouTube channel.
● McDonald’s Japan will see a set of eight Yokai Watch cards (for use with Yokai Watch: Tomodachi Ukiukipedia) inside Happy Set meals available from Friday.
● Aqua Style are working further on Fushigi no Gensokyo TOD -RELOADED– (Touhou Genso Wanderer) for Nintendo Switch. Still no official confirmation on a release however although it’s now all but inevitable.
● In COMG! pre-orders: Splatoon 2 is up to 496 pt, Dragon Quest XI is at 298 pt with ARMS just 27 pt. Ultra Street Fighter II opened with just 30 pt (the latest Dragon Ball Heroes is #1 with 40 pt).
● A number of new My Nintendo Rewards with software discounts for multiple 3DS and Wii U games including Momotaro Dentetsu 2017, Tank Troopers, Picross 3D-2 and a number of Fire Emblem and The Legend of Zelda Virtual Console games. Go here for the full list!
● And finally, I’ve added a Wii Upage with every game released in Japan plus publisher, price, size and whether there is Off-TV Play support. I’ll be working on both a Nintendo 3DS page and a Virtual Console page soon (the latter covering 3DS, Wii U, Wii and hopefully Switch!).
Shovel Knight Switch coming to Japan in a few hours!
Yacht Club Games have announced that the Nintendo Switch version of Shovel Knight (Treasure Trove) will be releasing on 30 May in Japan so any hour now priced at ¥2,160. Yacht Club told us “There’s no plan to release Specter Knight separately at this time.” Japanese trailer added below…