It’s almost time for Nintendo Direct E3 2019 which will be broadcast on YouTube in English and with Japanese subtitles. All we know is that it will deliver approximately 40 minutes of information about upcoming Nintendo Switch games releasing in 2019, as well as the latest Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC.
Release dates for The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (check this post for potential spoilers) and Luigi’s Mansion 3 are expected. Information regarding Pokémon Sword／Shield has also just been confirmed. The big question mark is in relation to Animal Crossing.
Global times are 09:00 PT／12:00 ET／17:00 BST／18:00 CEST／01:00 JST. Post to be updated with a full recap.
Nintendo have confirmed that the Nintendo Direct E3 2019 will be approximately 40 minutes in length. The Japanese links for YouTube and niconico are both now available along with the English language stream. Global times for the Direct are 09:00 PT／12:00 ET／17:00 BST／18:00 CEST／01:00 JST.
Welcome to the Pokémon Direct thread where I’ll be covering the Japanese feed. You can watch it live on YouTube and niconico. The Direct will be approximately 15 minutes in length and feature new Sword and Shield information. Global times are 06:00 PT, 09:00 ET, 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, and 22:00 JST. More follows.
● It begins! Tsunekazu Ishihara presenting. New trailer. New Pokémon shown already.
● Junichi Masuda and Shigeru Ohmori are here. New Pokémon include Wooloo, Gossifleur, Drednaw, Eldegoss, and Corviknight. Evolutions shown.
● New Wild Areas shown. Much vaster than typical Pokémon. Dynamaxing introduced. Turns your Pokémon into Giant Pokémon.
● Max Raid Battles multiplayer mode introduced. Champion Leon introduced. Younger brother, Hop. Professor Magnolia introduced.
● New Legendary Pokémon! Zacian and Zamazenta.
● 15 November release date. World-wide launch. Dual pack confirmed.
● Edit: post updated with full Direct in Japanese and English.
Nintendo have announced a Pokémon Direct for 05 June 2019 with more information on Pokémon Sword／Shield for Nintendo Switch. The presentation will be approximately 15 minutes in length. Global times are 06:00 PT／09:00 ET／14:00 BST／15:00 CEST／22:00 JST.
Also announced is a Pokémon 2019 Press Conference for 28/29 May 2019. The press conference “is expected to cover a number of topics of interest to Pokémon fans”. Global times are 18:00 PT／21:00 ET／02:00 BST／03:00 CEST／10:00 JST. Video added below…
Welcome to our live coverage of the Super Mario Maker 2 Direct where I’ll be covering the Japanese feed. All we know thus far is it will be approximately 15 minutes in length. Global times are 15:00 PT, 18:00 ET, 23:00 BST, 00:00 CET, and 07:00 JST. You can watch via YouTube, niconico, or in English.
● It begins! The game features Course IDs in order to share. Slopes and gentler slopes are featured for the first time. Angry Sun, Snake Block, and ON/OFF Switch are other new additions.
● Co-op Making to build levels together. Fire-breathing Red Yoshis! Story Mode! TOADS! More than 100 courses in Story Mode.
● New course themes (Desert, Snow, Forest, and Sky) and sounds. New Moon icon to turn day into night.
● Super Mario 3D World game style adds plenty of new features including Cat Mario. A new Koopa Troopa Car is added!
● Share courses in Course World and create your own Maker Profile. Multiplayer Versus and Co-op – both locally and online.
● Nintendo Catalog Ticket promotion announced for Nintendo Switch Online members and Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational announced for 08 June at E3.
Welcome to the Pokémon Direct thread where I’ll be live-blogging the Japanese feed. You can watch it live on YouTube and niconico. All we know is that the Direct will be approximately seven minutes in length and feature new information. Global times are 06:00 PT, 09:00 ET, 14:00 GMT, 15:00 CET, and 23:00 JST. More follows.
● It begins! Tsunekazu Ishihara presenting. OMG! Gen 8! Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. Takes place in the Galar region. Three starters are Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble. Releases simultaneously worldwide in late 2019. End.
Nintendo have announced a Nintendo Direct for 14 February at 07:00 JST. Please note that Western times are for 13 February at 14:00 PT, 17:00 ET, 22:00 GMT, and 23:00 CET.
The Direct will cover 35 minutes of information on upcoming Nintendo Switch titles including Fire Emblem: Fuuka Setsugetsu (Fire Emblem: Three Houses). Nintendo 3DS is not mentioned. Smartphone games will NOT be covered.
I’ll be covering the Japanese feed (which will air on both YouTube and niconico). For now, the U.S. and Japanese links are both added below…
Our live recap of the Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL Direct which will be approximately 40 minutes in length and air on both YouTube and niconico. Global times are 07:00 PT, 10:00 ET, 14:00 GMT, 15:00 CET and 23:00 JST. To be updated.
● The ads are now live on the Japanese stream! And it begins! Ken from the Street Fighter series! Incineroar from the Pokémon series! The final two characters.
● Fighters can join forces with spirits to enhance their powers. There’s a massive amount of different spirits from many game worlds.
● Many new characters will appear as spirits in the new Spirit Mode! Spirits are a new way to power up your fighter with impossible combinations of some of your favourite characters!
● The King K. Rool and Ice Climbers amiibo will both release on 15 February 2019.
● The Nintendo Switch Online app will be updated to include voice chat for players in private rooms, and a mobile service called Smash World will be added!
● The game features 59 assist trophy characters and adds Isaac, Spring Man, Guile and many more! There will also be all-new Mii Fighter costumes including the Chibi-Robo Set, Nintendo Labo Toy-Con Set, and more!
● More fighters, stages and music tracks are coming as paid DLC! Each set will include one fighter, one stage and multiple music tracks. No Echo Fighters! The Fighter Pass is ¥2,700 containing five sets.
● Players who purchase the Fighters Pass will also receive a Rex-themed Mii Swordfighter costume and additional music tracks from the Xenoblade series!
● Piranha Plant from the Super Mario series will be available as a bonus for players who purchase the game until 31 January 2019. Piranha Plant amiibo arrives on 15 February.
Nintendo have announced a final Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL Direct (Super Smash Bros. Direct) for 01 November. The Direct will be 40 minutes long and is to be followed by a Nintendo Treehouse: Live Presentation (featuring Smash Bros. Pokémon Let’s Go, Yoshi’s Crafted World and Diablo III). Global times are 07:00 PT, 10:00 ET, 14:00 GMT, 15:00 CET and 23:00 JST.
Welcome to the Nintendo Direct thread where I’ll play catch up trying to report on the Japanese Direct. You can watch it live on YouTube or niconico. The Direct will be 35 minutes in length and will feature upcoming Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS games (no smartphone titles). Global times are 15:00 PT, 18:00 ET, 23:00 BST, 00:00 CET and 07:00 JST. To be updated…
● And it begins! Luigi Mansion 3 announced for Switch. Releases in2019.
● Keito no Kirby Plus (Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn) announced for 3DS. Releases in 2019. Adds some new stuff.
● Mario & Luigi RPG DX 3 (Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story) 3DS 27 December 2018. 5,378 yen.
● Mobile Ball from XFLAG for 3DS. Winter 2018. Crossplay with mobile version.
● Luigi Mansion finally gets a date for 3DS. 08 November 2018. 5,378 yen.
● Splatoon 2 Ver. 4 announced for Switch. Releases today. Changes Splatfests. Adds Kensa Collection.
● Go Vacation gets a release date for Japan. 27 December. 5,378 yen.
● Mario Tennis Ace Ver.2 19 September adding Shy Guy, Bird, Koopa Paratroopa, and Petey Piranha.
● Sugoroku board game Billion Road Switch. This Winter. From Bandai Namco.
● CAPCOM BELT ACTION COLLECTION Switch – retail on 06 December, digital on 20 September.
● New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Switch. 11 January 2019. Adds Nabbit and Toadette.
Last week’s Nintendo Direct has been rescheduled for tomorrow (13 September or 14 September for Japan) with global times of 15:00 PT, 18:00 ET, 23:00 BST, 00:00 CET and 07:00 JST. The Direct will still be 35 minutes in length and will feature upcoming Nintendo Switch and 3DS titles (no smartphone).
Nintendo have announced a 35 minute Nintendo Direct for tomorrow focusing on upcoming Nintendo Switch and 3DS titles (no mobile games). Worldwide times are 15:00 PT, 18:00 ET, 23:00 BST, 00:00 CET, and 07:00 JST. Please note the Direct is on 06 September in North America and 07 September in Japan due to timezone differences. English feed is embedded below with Japan to follow!
Nintendo and Cygames’ new Action RPG Dragalia Lost launches in the U.S., Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau on 27 September 2018. The game will see you create a party of up to four adventurers (with over 60 available in the game) and is set in The Kingodm of Alberia where humans and dragons co-exist.
Players slide to move, tap to attack, touch the skill button to unleash a skill attack, and swipe quickly to dodge out of the way. Boss battles are included, and players can shape shift! There are four Unit Types: Attack, Defense, Support and Healing. Players can also level up, and summon characters and dragons!
Simultaneous four–player multiplayer is available with all quests playable with special multiplayer events planned. Languages supported are Japanese, English, and Traditional and Simplified Chinese. The game will be free to start with optional in-app purchases available. Three promo videos and the full Direct added below.