Welcome to our live coverage of the Super Mario Maker 2 Direct where I’ll be covering the Japanese feed. All we know thus far is it will be approximately 15 minutes in length. Global times are 15:00 PT, 18:00 ET, 23:00 BST, 00:00 CET, and 07:00 JST. You can watch via YouTube, niconico, or in English.
● It begins! The game features Course IDs in order to share. Slopes and gentler slopes are featured for the first time. Angry Sun, Snake Block, and ON/OFF Switch are other new additions.
● Co-op Making to build levels together. Fire-breathing Red Yoshis! Story Mode! TOADS! More than 100 courses in Story Mode.
● New course themes (Desert, Snow, Forest, and Sky) and sounds. New Moon icon to turn day into night.
● Super Mario 3D World game style adds plenty of new features including Cat Mario. A new Koopa Troopa Car is added!
● Share courses in Course World and create your own Maker Profile. Multiplayer Versus and Co-op – both locally and online.
● Nintendo Catalog Ticket promotion announced for Nintendo Switch Online members and Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational announced for 08 June at E3.
Welcome to the Pokémon Direct thread where I’ll be live-blogging the Japanese feed. You can watch it live on YouTube and niconico. All we know is that the Direct will be approximately seven minutes in length and feature new information. Global times are 06:00 PT, 09:00 ET, 14:00 GMT, 15:00 CET, and 23:00 JST. More follows.
● It begins! Tsunekazu Ishihara presenting. OMG! Gen 8! Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. Takes place in the Galar region. Three starters are Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble. Releases simultaneously worldwide in late 2019. End.
Nintendo have announced a Nintendo Direct for 14 February at 07:00 JST. Please note that Western times are for 13 February at 14:00 PT, 17:00 ET, 22:00 GMT, and 23:00 CET.
The Direct will cover 35 minutes of information on upcoming Nintendo Switch titles including Fire Emblem: Fuuka Setsugetsu (Fire Emblem: Three Houses). Nintendo 3DS is not mentioned. Smartphone games will NOT be covered.
I’ll be covering the Japanese feed (which will air on both YouTube and niconico). For now, the U.S. and Japanese links are both added below…
Our live recap of the Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL Direct which will be approximately 40 minutes in length and air on both YouTube and niconico. Global times are 07:00 PT, 10:00 ET, 14:00 GMT, 15:00 CET and 23:00 JST. To be updated.
● The ads are now live on the Japanese stream! And it begins! Ken from the Street Fighter series! Incineroar from the Pokémon series! The final two characters.
● Fighters can join forces with spirits to enhance their powers. There’s a massive amount of different spirits from many game worlds.
● Many new characters will appear as spirits in the new Spirit Mode! Spirits are a new way to power up your fighter with impossible combinations of some of your favourite characters!
● The King K. Rool and Ice Climbers amiibo will both release on 15 February 2019.
● The Nintendo Switch Online app will be updated to include voice chat for players in private rooms, and a mobile service called Smash World will be added!
● The game features 59 assist trophy characters and adds Isaac, Spring Man, Guile and many more! There will also be all-new Mii Fighter costumes including the Chibi-Robo Set, Nintendo Labo Toy-Con Set, and more!
● More fighters, stages and music tracks are coming as paid DLC! Each set will include one fighter, one stage and multiple music tracks. No Echo Fighters! The Fighter Pass is ¥2,700 containing five sets.
● Players who purchase the Fighters Pass will also receive a Rex-themed Mii Swordfighter costume and additional music tracks from the Xenoblade series!
● Piranha Plant from the Super Mario series will be available as a bonus for players who purchase the game until 31 January 2019. Piranha Plant amiibo arrives on 15 February.
Nintendo have announced a final Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL Direct (Super Smash Bros. Direct) for 01 November. The Direct will be 40 minutes long and is to be followed by a Nintendo Treehouse: Live Presentation (featuring Smash Bros. Pokémon Let’s Go, Yoshi’s Crafted World and Diablo III). Global times are 07:00 PT, 10:00 ET, 14:00 GMT, 15:00 CET and 23:00 JST.
Welcome to the Nintendo Direct thread where I’ll play catch up trying to report on the Japanese Direct. You can watch it live on YouTube or niconico. The Direct will be 35 minutes in length and will feature upcoming Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS games (no smartphone titles). Global times are 15:00 PT, 18:00 ET, 23:00 BST, 00:00 CET and 07:00 JST. To be updated…
● And it begins! Luigi Mansion 3 announced for Switch. Releases in2019.
● Keito no Kirby Plus (Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn) announced for 3DS. Releases in 2019. Adds some new stuff.
● Mario & Luigi RPG DX 3 (Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story) 3DS 27 December 2018. 5,378 yen.
● Mobile Ball from XFLAG for 3DS. Winter 2018. Crossplay with mobile version.
● Luigi Mansion finally gets a date for 3DS. 08 November 2018. 5,378 yen.
● Splatoon 2 Ver. 4 announced for Switch. Releases today. Changes Splatfests. Adds Kensa Collection.
● Go Vacation gets a release date for Japan. 27 December. 5,378 yen.
● Mario Tennis Ace Ver.2 19 September adding Shy Guy, Bird, Koopa Paratroopa, and Petey Piranha.
● Sugoroku board game Billion Road Switch. This Winter. From Bandai Namco.
● CAPCOM BELT ACTION COLLECTION Switch – retail on 06 December, digital on 20 September.
● New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Switch. 11 January 2019. Adds Nabbit and Toadette.