Ubisoft Milan, the team behind the excellent Mario＋Rabbids Kingdom Battle, are currently looking for a “talented 3D Animator to be involved in the production of a prestigious triple-A title”. It’s presently not known what the game is, and any relation to a Nintendo franchise would only be speculation at best. Thanks to Nintenleo.
Ubisoft’s Davide Soliani has intimated on Twitter that Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle has reached two million sales on Nintendo Switch! The last numbers I have for Japan are around 200,000 so the bulk of the sales are from the rest of the world! Via ResetEra. Infographic from Ubisoft added below…
15 new games are scheduled to release on the Japanese Nintendo Switch eShop this week, plus the Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure DLC pictured above and demo for Kid Tripp RUN!. Check out the current list of software below, and buy your Nintendo eShop Cards here!
Ubisoft announced that the Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure DLC will release in the West on 26 June or 25 June for Season Pass holders. The Japanese placeholder date is still 30 June. E3 trailer added below…
Edit: Japanese release also scheduled for 26 June and second Japanese trailer also added below.
Ubisoft North America have just published a new video for the Donkey Kong Adventure DLC in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle which adds a moody new Rabbid hero, Rabbid Cranky! The release date is listed as 30 June 2018 in Japan.
● Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle was the best selling videogame in Japan last week selling 86.956 copies with Famitsu data and 66,692 copies with Media Create.
● D3 Publisher today published the visual novel Gyakuten Yoshiwara ~Ougiya Hen~ (The Men of Yoshiwara: Kikuya) on the Switch eShop priced at ¥1,980.
● Flyhigh Works will publish Guns, Gore and Cannoli in Japan next week (1 February) priced at ¥1,000. Japanese trailer added here.
● Spike Chunsoft announced that a new exclusive character ‘Reaper’ will be added to Crypt of the NecroDancer: Nintendo Switch Edition which also releases next week (priced at ¥2,160).
● Sprite’s upcoming visual novel Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm for Nintendo Switch is now available to pre-load published by PIACCI, priced at ¥6,264 and requiring 6.4GB.
● Two new demos are available on the Switch eShop in Japan with Hypersect’s shooter INVERSUS Deluxe and Frozenbyte’s co-op action RPG Nine Parchments.
● Silver Star Japan’s half-price sale on the Nintendo eShop is now live with Ginsei Shogi: Kyoutendo Toufuu Raijin now ¥600, Tobe yo!! Dragon now just ¥150 and Touch Battle Tank SP now just ¥250 until 07 February. Check out the full list of sale games here.
● Nintendo are currently featuring songs from games in Karaoke JOYSOUND for Nintendo Switch including those from Super Mario Odyssey, Girls Mode 3: Kirakira ☆ Code, Splatoon and Kirby Planet Robobot.
● See the character select screen for Zelda Musou Hyrule Allstars DX (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition) showing all 29 playable characters here.
● VOEZ has updated to Version 1.3.1 allowing players to play in TV Mode. The game sees a retail release tomorrow. Gameplay trailer added here.
● The Dragonball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch Legend Patrol Pack free DLC is now available (here) until 12 February.
● Nintendo have uploaded a load of Xenoblade 2 tips video to the official website here.
● Nintendo also published a Japanese version of the ARMS Tip Hit videos here.
● Earth Wars is now available in Japan. Watch the first 25 minutes here and the launch trailer here.
● Tennis is also now available in Japan. Check out the first 15 minutes here. Thanks to Contra Network for the gameplay videos and some of the worldwide news!
● Nippon Colombia announced the hair styling game Biyoushi Debut Monogatari: Top Sutairisuto o Mezasou! (literally Hairdresser Debut Story: Let’s Become a Top Stylist!) for a 3DS retail release on 29 March 2018 priced at ¥5,184.
● Nippon Colombia also announced the pet sim Kawaii Pet to Kurasou! Wan Nyan & Idol Animal (literally Drink With a Cute Pet! Wan Nyan & Idol Animal) for retail release on 05 April and again priced at ¥5,184.
● Level-5 updated Yokai Watch Busters 2: Hihou Densetsu Banbaraya to Ver.1.3 extending the campaign to obtain Hyakka Hime (Damona) plus there’s a five star coin and the usual bug fixes.
● The Theme Shop added four new themes: Pokémon Enemy Organisation: Team Plasma (BW) and (B2W2), and EGOIST「Reloaded」and「Fallen」. Trailers for all four themes added here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp criticism levelled at the second half of the recent Rover’s Garden Safari event was acknowledged by Nintendo who stated that: “We’ve heard your feedback and will take it into account for future events.”
● Fire Emblem Heroes will see new Heroes set to join the battle tomorrow with Great Dragon: Myrrh, Princess of Light: L’Arachel and Anamnesis Lady: Eirika, all from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Trailer added here
● Miitomo saw “The prettiest flock in the land! Miitomo Bird Fashion [B]” stage available on Miitomo Drop with Perched Bird, Parakeet T-Shirt and Tropical Birds Suit all pictured here.
● Atari launched a crowdfunding campaign for RollerCoaster Tycoon and are looking at $250(!) from each individual.
● Forever Entertainment announced that Frederic 2: Evil Strikes Back “Ultimate Version” will be coming to Switch.
● Merge Games announced a retail version of Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition this March priced at €39.99 / £34.99.
● Tomorrow Corporation announced a sequel to Human Resource Machine with 7 Billion Humans with the video here.
● And watch Pokémon Puppet Theater: Papemon #30「Denketsu」here.
Mario + Rabbids is the best-selling game in Japan!
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle was the best selling videogame in Japan last week selling 66,692 copies (not including download cards or eShop sales). Nintendo Switch hardware sold a further 43,027 units. Next week sees the retail release of VOEZ! Full Nintendo charts (using Media Create data) below the bump…
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) – 66,692
Splatoon (Switch) – 28,691
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) – 26,365
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) – 18,972
Pokémon Ultra Sun Moon (3DS) – 16,790
Mario Party 100: Mini Game Collection (3DS) – 11,454
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) – 9,502
This week’s update to the official Nintendo LINE account sees celebrates the Japanese release of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle today with artwork of Rabbid Mario, Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Yoshi all posted below along with a Kinopio-kun drawing of Rabbid Luigi. Unfortunately Rabbid Kinopio-kun is not scheduled for the game.