Sega have revealed details of the upcoming SEGA AGES Wonder Boy in Monster Land for Nintendo Switch, with the game adding a Rebagacha Button which allows the equivalent to the player waggling their joystick to obtain more gold at the touch of a button. The new Money Hungry Mode removes the ability to use the rebagacha button. Online Leaderboards are also included with Sphinx Challenge, Monster Castle Challenge, and Fireball Challenge. Wonder Boy in Monster Land is ‘coming soon’ priced at ¥999. New screenshots added below…
* as popular with the readers of Nintendo DREAM magazine, and taken from the July 2019 issue. Only the first three characters have their points revealed. You can buy physical copies of Nintendo DREAM here – use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 off! This month’s issue includes a free UNDERTALE + DELTARUNE Fan Encore CD. Cover added below…
Monday Update：Cotton Reboot, ESP RA.DE., And Brothers Conflict All Announced For Switch, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here (use JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Japanese retro game shop BEEP announced the classic side-scrolling shoot ’em up Cotton for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, X68000, and Steam as Cotton Reboot for 2019 release with the Switch version including a physical release and a new arrange mode. Check out screenshots at this post.
● Another shoot ‘em up game announced was M2 announcing the Cave／Atlus bullet hell game ESP RA.DE. for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 release in late 2019. Check out the first promo video here.
● Idea Factory announced the visual novel collection BROTHERS CONFLICT Precious Baby (containing both Brilliant Blue and Passion Pink ) for release on Nintendo Switch on 29 August. Promo videos posted here.
● Next month’s issue of CoroCoro Ichiban, due out on 21 June, will feature information on Pokémon Sword／Shield. It’s likely the information will be the same as what will be revealed at E3 easier in the month.
● A GameXplain video revealed that the Nintendo Switch version of Resident Evil 4 does not contain the Wii’s original motion controls.
● Kakehashi Games will see their 100th Japanese Switch localisation release on the eShop this week with Team17’s prison break simulation game The Escapists: Complete Edition. Check out the trailer here.
● Zodiac Interactive announced the visual novel game One-Way Ticket for Switch release in June. Japanese voice is supported so I’ll do a separate post once details emerge of the inevitable domestic release. Check out the trailer here.
● TECOPARK revealed that the coop action puzzle game PICO PARK has gone gold with the release date expected very soon. Check out the Indie World trailer here.
● Matt Thorson (Matt Makes Games) tweeted that: “We’re finishing up the script for Celeste Chapter 9 this week and next! We originally weren’t planning to do any story but… then we did :P”
● Check out this week’s current Japanese Switch eShop line-up at this post with Team Sonic Racing, which released a few hours ago, as the highlight.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Garden Event: Digby’s Artful Retreat and Gyroid Scavenger Hunt: Denim available for Reissue Crafting. Today also saw a #ACPCBand (#ポケ森バンド) Twitter Photo Challenge where you can post pictures of your campsite or cabin with a musical theme and use the relevant hashtags.
● Dragalia Lost saw the Eastern Emissaries summon showcase begin with limited-time adventurer Ieyasu and dragon Marishiten detailed here. New Void Enemies and Void Battle Limited-Time Endeavors are also available with Gust Shroom, Violet Ghost, and Amber Golem detailed here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Corrin: Fateful Prince and Kana: Dragon Princess waiting in Special Maps for Bound Hero Battle Revival: Corrin & Kana. Tomorrow will see Special Heroes (Bridal Belonging) featuring Tanith: Forthright Heart, Sigrun: Steadfast Bride, Pent: Fancy Fiancé, and Fjorm: Bride of Rime. Check out the introduction video here with artwork to follow. The next Tempest Trials+ event will see Special Hero Louise: Eternal Devotion.
● Successful Mario Kart Tour beta applicants are starting to receive their emails.
● Pokémon Quest’s upcoming Chinese release will include a brand new Player vs Player mode with beta testing beginning this Summer.
● The Splatoon 2 World Champions GGBOYZ (as Fukuoka Softbank Hawks) lost in the finals of the NPB eSports Series to Hyper Beam (as Yokohama DeNA Bay Stars).
● GEO rankings saw Ys Celceta no Jukai：Kai open at number one, the highest Switch game is Minecraft at number three.
● COMG! rankings indicate a slow week with Minecraft at number one with just 15 pts and Ys with 14 pts. Yokai Watch 4: Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale preorders are at 42 pts.
● TSUTAYA rankings had Days Gone at number one for the fourth week, followed by Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +520 (1.38%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 38,210.00 JPY.
● In results from the North American／European Splatfest: Team Teleportation defeated Team Time Travel 3-0 with 58.66% of the Votes, 50.58% of Normal Rules, and 50.53% of Pro Rules.
● In UK charts: Rage 2 opened at number one, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still at six, and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is down two places to number 10.
● Analyst David Gibson (@gibbogame) wrote that “Nintendo itself is looking also to work with MSFT (Azure) to offer its own streaming service in limited regions (JP, US etc).”
● You can try out a demo of the Switch game BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! on the Uniqlo app. Check out the video here (via GoNintendo).
● A Nintendo Labo ‘Director Insights, Part 1’ video, with Tsubasa Sakaguchi from Nintendo, here.
● Several short videos for Puchikon 4 SmileBASIC (Petit Computer 4) here.
● The first promo video for Cardfight!! Vanguard EX, featuring “BanG Dream!” by boy band Argonavis, here.
● A Dragalia Lost ‘Building the Best Teams in Dragalia Lost’ video here.
● Denjin☆Getcha! episodes featuring GUILTY GEAR 20th ANNIVERSARY PACK and Team Sonic Racinghere and here/
● And a Sisilala TV episode featuring ACA NEOGEO Stakes Winnerhere.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!
Kakehashi Games have announced they have localised Team17’s prison break simulation game The Escapists: Complete Edition for release on the Japanese Nintendo Switch eShop this week (23 May). Post to be updated with price. The game includes all previous DLC packs as well as Fhurst Peak which is exclusive to Nintendo Switch. This is the 100th Kakehashi Games titles released on the Japanese Switch! Trailer added below…
The first promo video for Cardfight!! Vanguard EX which releases for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 on 19 September. The theme song is “BanG Dream!” by boy band Argonavis. Preorder the game here and use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 off.
Nintendo are having another Twitter Photo Challenge for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp where the theme is…#ACPCBand (#ポケ森バンド in Japan! During the Twitter Photo Challenge period, you can use the #ACPCBand hashtag on tweets that have photos of your campsite or cabin.
New Void Enemies and Void Battle Limited-Time Endeavors!
New Void enemies have been added to Void Battles (event quests where you can battle powerful boss enemies) in Dragalia Lost! You can craft new weapons using the materials obtained by defeating the newly added Void enemies. Additionally, a new drop reward will be added to Void Zephyr Strike and Void Agni Strike. Furthermore, Limited Void Battle Endeavors will be available until 31 May 2019!
M2 have announced they will simultaneously release the M2ShotTriggers version of the 1998 Cave／Atlus bullet hell shoot ’em up ESP RA.DE. for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in late 2019. Check out the official website here and first promo video below. Many thanks to Naruki and Denfaminicogamer.