Nintendo’s Mario Kart Tour game is the first game listed on the Top Free Charts of the Japanese App Store in its Best of 2019 Stories. Other games in the top 10 are Dragon Quest Walk, Nazotoki no Jikan, Pokémon Masters, Crowd City, Roller Splat!, Homescapes, Happy Glass, Color Bump 3D, and Call of Duty: Mobile.
I’ve added a Smartphone page to the website at this link and which contains all of Nintendo Co., Ltd.’s smartphone games, apps, stickers and themes for iOS, Android and the LINE app. Please let me know in the comments below of anything first-party I may’ve missed!
Shigeru Miyamoto is at the Apple Event and announces Super Mario Run. The full game will be a paid download although parts of the game will be free. ‘Coming Soon’ so means Holiday 2016. Available on iOS before it comes to Android. Already a featured game on at least the North American, British and Japanese App Stores. Confirmed for Japan for December. Here is the App Store description…
A new Mario game you can play with one hand!
At long last, Mario jumps into a new adventure on iPhone and iPad, this time playable using only one hand.
Even if this is your first Mario game, you won’t be able to put it down!
In this game, you constantly move forward through the courses while using a variety of jumps to navigate. Your character will behave differently depending on the timing of your taps, so it’s up to you to show off particularly smooth moves, gather coins, and reach the goal.
Super Mario Run offers three different game modes:
– The first mode features challenging courses for you to complete.
– In the second mode, you challenge the play data of other people’s completed courses. You compete to see who can finish the course with the most style!
– In the third mode, you can create your own Mushroom Kingdom using coins collected by playing the first two game modes.
01. Puzzle & Dragons 02. Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle 03. Pokémon GO 04. Monster Strike 05. Granblue Fantasy 06. Fate/Grand Order 07. Shironeko Tennis 08. The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage 09. Love Live! School Idol Festival 10. LINE
01. Digimon Linkz 02. Osomatsu-san 03. Miitomo 04. Denkyu de Tenisu Shite Mita 05. LINE Music 06. Mercari Fee Recruitment app 07. Manga Kyunto 08. LINE Brown Farm 09. LINE 10. MusicSounds
I’ve decided to continue to post the top ten of free Japanese iOS games/apps whilst a Nintendo title is charting. Digimon Linkz straight to number one. Please feel free to correct any titles. And please note Miitomo is outside of the top 150 grossing iOS charts (White Cat Project is #1) and is at #16 in the top grossing social networking charts (LINE is #1).
The first iOS/Android game covered on this blog Pokémon Go is due to Nintendo’s involvement and Shigeru Miyamoto at the reveal to promote the below Pokémon Go Plus device. The game launches in 2016. View source to see the announcement trailer.
Even though Gaist Crusher God has failed (again) at retail, Capcom are at least trying to push their hapless series with an amazing co-promotion with the iOS/Android game Zombie Café. From today (and for thirty days) you can select the red-haired Gaist Crusher protagonist to work in the café. It’s remarkable that the character looks more alive dead. The Gaist teddy also makes an appearance! Sadly it doesn’t look like the co-promotion is available in the West. Story courtesy of Famitsu.