Nintendo Co., Ltd. and Intelligent Systems Co., Ltd. have applied for a new Information Processing patent (特開2020-010816) in Japan. The patent aims to improve interest in obtaining items associated with game characters and is likely related to the Forging Bonds events in the Fire Emblem Heroes game. Please note this is just a brief summary of a 36 page PDF. Thanks to Siliconera and J-PlatPat. Select images used in the application added below…
In Intelligent Systems’ Toshiyuki Kusakihara upcoming 2020 message in 4Gamer, he says: “We’re currently developing [Fire Emblem: Three Houses‘] side story that’ll be delivered to those with the Expansion Pass. We aim for it to live up to expectations, so please wait for it.” Thanks to BlackKite.
Nintendo & Intelligent Systems Apply For Multiplayer Patent
Nintendo Co., Ltd. and Intelligent Systems Co., Ltd. have applied for a new “Information processing” patent (特開2019-180720) in Japan. The patent aims to improve interest in a multiplayer game taking into account virtual points performed by a plurality of users belonging to a plurality of teams. No specific title is alluded to in the 37 page document other than just a “battle game”, with this patent based on the result of said battle game, adding the scores of the virtual area for each team. A determination is then performed on the basis of this score, which is stored in the storage device. After this has been performed a plurality of times, the result of the multiplayer game is then satisfied. The patent also states that its description is merely illustrative, and various modifications and variations may be made.
Intelligent Systems have announced a Fire Emblem Expo for 04 May 2019 at Zepp Tokyo. More information will be on this niconico broadcast on 08 December. Tickets will be on sale from 28 December. More information as we have it! Via GoNintendo.
● Intelligent Systems Co., Ltd. (Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, WarioWare, Pushmo etc) applied for a カクトデール (literally ‘Kakutodale’) trademark in Japan for purposes including ‘program for home video game machine’, ‘program for a home video game machine that can be downloaded’ and ‘program for smartphone’.
● This is Intelligent Systems’ first trademark since 27 March 2015 with two Fire Emblem ∅ (Cipher) related trademarks. The only other two trademarks in their almost 32 year company history are for ファイアーエムブレム (Fire Emblem) and EMBLEM (English word). Please note the Pushmo image above is not related to this new trademark. Check out the actual application in this post.
● The ARMS Party Crash Bash elimination tournament has kicked off with Min Min battling Lola Pop!
● Inside System have updated the Brave Dungeon: Seigi no Imiwebsite adding in new characters.
● Pokkén Tournament DX will see the Thunderclap Press Cup Group Match from 07-10 December.
● The Battle Cats celebrated its sixth anniversary today but still no release date for the Switch game Futari de! Nyanko Daisensou. PONOS have a ‘Coming Soon’ announcement however on the anniversary website.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw a new Grand Hero Battle featuring Gharnef: Dark Pontifex from Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem begin.
● Super Mario Run saw the return of the Loads of Coins event until 07 December where winning at Toad Rally earns you 1.5 times as many coins as usual.
● Watch all the footage from day one of Nintendo Live 2018 from Kyoto featuring a recap video, the main stage video, ARMS JAPAN GRAND PRIX 2018, Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL Premium Fight, Mario Tennis Ace Japan Open and The 4th Splatoon Koshien here.
● Two commercials for Nintendo Switch Winter 2018-2019 featuring Nintendo Labo, Pokémon Let’s Go, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Super Mario Party, Mario Tennis Ace, 1-2-Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe here.
● A character introduction trailer for The Three Mage-Sisters (Francisca, Flamberge, and Zan Partizanne) from Kirby Star Allieshere.
● And a new Japanese TV commercial for Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate) that aired during today’s Nintendo Live 2018 event here.
● Thanks to naruki the Smash commercial and thanks everybody for following. Have a great weekend!