Bandai Namco Entertainment have announced that SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays will release for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam on 28 November 2019 priced at ¥8,200 + tax for the standard physical or digital version, and ¥12,000 + tax for the Premium G Sound Edition. Pre-order here and use the code JPNINTENDO for 5% off. New promo video and TV commercial added below. Thanks to Famitsu.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced that the new Gundam game we mentioned yesterday SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays will indeed be releasing for Nintendo Switch in 2019! Check out the teaser website and first promo video. An Asian English release has also been confirmed.
● Square Enix announced a Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete Slive broadcast featuring Yuji Horii and many of the voice actors for 25 January from 21:30 – 22:30 JST (04:30 – 05:30 PT).
● UNTIES will be publishing the Touhou Project racing game Gensou SkyDrift digitally for Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam this Spring, with the game playable at Tokaigi (Game Party Japan 2019) this coming weekend. Check out the first screenshot.
● Kadokawa Games announced a Langrisser Ⅰ＆Ⅱ demo for 07 February which will allow you to play stages 1-3 of the first game and stages 4-6 of the second, as well as Classic Mode.
● Fortnite was updated to Ver.7.20 adding the Sniper Shootout Limited Time Mode, The Block - Omega Pyramid, Sneaky Snowman and more (sorry, no separate post!).
● 34BigThings tweeted regarding the space shooter Redout that “Yep, Nintendo Switch version is *still* coming!” The game will be published by Pikii in Japan.
● To commemorate the 40th anniversary of Mobile Suit Gundam, SD Gundam G Generation Genesis for Nintendo Switch will be on sale on the Japanese Switch eShop (from ¥7,344 to ¥4,400) from 31 January until 13 February.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Fishing Tourney #10 begin at Lost Lure Creek with new rewards including an Animal Crossing Ski Suit! Check out the full list at this post. Reissued Modern Garden items are also available at the Fortune Cookie Shop.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the third Choose Your Legends event begin which again will see you earn 100 Platinum Points for My Nintendo, with the top two male Heroes and top two female Heroes appearing in the game in special costumes.
● An Indie Highlights video was announced for Europe tomorrow airing at 14:00 GMT that will take a look at some of the indie games coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019. The video will be posted here when ready!
● Nintendo of America announced North America Open tournaments for both Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and for Splatoon 2 beginning 02 February and 10 February respectively. Go here for the full details in how to apply!
● Nintendo of Europe also announced an European Smash Ball Team Cup tournament for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with information found here and more details to be relayed soon.
● FuRyu Corporation have applied for a HEROLAND trademark in Europe which seemingly indicates a localisation of the JRPG WORK×WORK (from Siliconera).
● Square Enix Co., Ltd. have also applied for both HD2D and HD-2D trademarks in Europe which is likely for OCTOPATH TRAVELER and future similar games. Again, thanks to Siliconera.
● MLBAM announced R.B.I. Baseball 19 for March 2019 release on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, iOS and Android, with a physical release confirmed for the Switch version. Check out the trailer here.
● The Xenoblade 2 Official Artworks Arst Record art book has been moved from 02 February to 12 February. Remember you can preorder at this link – use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 off!
● Compile Hearts have opened up a countdown website. I’ll make a separate post only if it turns out to be Nintendo Switch related!
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock went down by -0.12% today to close trading at 33,700.00.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No. 1573 this week will include a 16 page Hamster Corporation feature covering 100 consecutive weeks of Arcade Archives/ACA NEOGEO releases. Since I’ve been asked a few times, the remaining announced Nintendo Arcade Archives are Balloon Fight, Clu Clu Land, Ice Climber, Pinball and Wrecking Crew.
● Watch Hisashi Nogami and Shinya Takahashi discuss the making of Splatoon in this video filmed for the Design/Play/Disrupt exhibition at the V&A in London, UK.
● The rehearsal of Tentacles (Off the Hook) for their performance at Tokaigi (Game Party Japan 2019) this Saturday here.
● The opening movie for Nelke to Densetsu no Renkinjutsushi Tachi ～Aratana Daichi no Atelier～ (Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists: Atelier of a New Land) here.
● The third of the recent TV commercials for Dragon Quest X Onlinehere.
Bandai Namco Entertainment have announced SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam, releasing in 2019 with an Asian English release confirmed. First promo video added below…
10 Bandai Namco Entertainment games are scheduled to be removed from the Japanese 3DS eShop on 28 September at 12:00 JST. No reasons have been cited for the removal but it is expected to be due to licensing issues. The full list of games are as follows:-
Tamagotchi! Seishun no Dream School
Tamagotchi no Dokidoki ☆ Dream Omisetchi
Doki Doki! PreCure: Narikiri Life!
Kamen Rider: Travelers Senki
Juuden Sentai Kyoryuger: Game de Kaburincho!!
Makai Ouji devils and realist Dairiou no Hihou
Gundam Try Age SP
Cho~ricchi! Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi de Violin Lesson
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced SD Gundam G Generation Genesis for Nintendo Switch which will release on 26 April 2018 priced at ¥7,344 with all the DLC from the PS4/Vita versions. The early purchase benefit will be a download code for the Super Famicom game Super Gachapon World: SD Gundam X. Check out the scan, box art and trailer at this post.
● A Nintendo of Europe survey asked what games Switch owners will buy within the next twelve months and lists Pokémon RPG for Nintendo Switch amongst the titles although officially from the last company earnings release states ‘2018 or later’.
● Dragonball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch players can soon download the Legend Patrol pack for free due to the game achieving 500,000 worldwide sale. The pack was previously available for early purchasers of the game and includes the story of the first game.
● The next ARMS Party Crash event will see Lola Pop take on Misango from 19-22 January.
● Hamster will publish the fighting game ACA NEOGEO World Heroes 2 on the eShop next week (25 January 2018) priced at ¥823. Check out the trailer here.
● And watch the Mercenaries Saga Chronicles introduction video here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp has been updated to Version 1.1.3 which makes adjustments to the second half of the Garden Safari (which is available tomorrow).
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the Tempest Trials Mini: Stepping into the New Year event begin.
● Warner Bros. confirmed Scribblenauts Showdown for Nintendo Switch in North America and Europe. Japan is yet to be confirmed. Announcement trailer here.
● Eurogamer report that there will be upcoming LEGO games themed around Pixar’s The Incredibles 2 and DC’s bad guys. Switch releases are likely.
● Nintendo of America announced that Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Ultimate NES Remix for Nintendo 3DS will join the Nintendo Selects library on 3 March priced at $19.99 each.
● Finji announced the exploration adventure game Night In The Woods will release for Switch on 1 February.
● Limited Run Games announced they will bring Saturday Morning RPG to Switch this Spring including a physical release.
● Passtech Games and Focus Interactive will bring the adventure game Masters of Anima to Switch this Spring.
● Forever Entertainment will bring the pixelated puzzler Qbik to the Switch eShop this Thursday
● Joindots will publish the physics puzzle adventure Tales of the Tiny Planet on the Switch eShop this Thursday.
● Over The Moon Games will now bring The Fall Part 2: Unbound to the Switch eShop on 13 February. Trailer here.
Bandai Namco Entertainment will publish SD Gundam G Generation Genesis for Nintendo Switch on 26 April 2018 priced at ¥7,344 inclusive of tax and containing all the DLC from the PS4/Vita versions.
The early purchase benefit will be a download code for the Super Famicom game Super Gachapon World: SD Gundam X. Check out the thumbnail scan here, the box art here and the Switch announcement trailer added below…