Nintendo Co., Ltd. have applied for a new image trademark (商願２０１９－１４１７５１) in Japan for the GameCube Controller (C-Stick, and Y, X, B, & A buttons) in categories including “machinery” and “toy” and purposes including “program for home video game machines”, “game controller for electronic devices”, “game controller for home video game machines”, and many more. The above image is part of the trademark application. Post updated with actual application added below thanks to J-PlatPat.
Nintendo Consider Extending Nintendo Switch Online Service
When asked at the 79th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders earlier today, when we can expect content from more recent past consoles such as Nintendo 64 and GameCube, Nintendo say they are looking at extending the Nintendo Switch Online service
“At this place we cannot tell new information about future classic hardware among others, but we are thinking about providing an extension of the online service which is currently providing Famicom [NES] software, as well as other methods of providing them. We also recognise that there are opinions wanting to play past titles.”
Nintendo Co., Ltd. have applied for a Nintendo GameCube controller trademark in Japan for purposes including ‘Controllers for mobile phones’, ‘Controller and joystick for home video game machine’ and related areas, but not for a classic console. All images used added below…
The Nintendo GameCube Controller [Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Edition] is now available for preorder and is designed exclusively for use with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It features built-in rumble along with two analog control sticks. The Nintendo GameCube Controller Adapter for Nintendo Switch (pictured below) is also available for preorder and can be used to connect up to four GameCube controllers to play in TV mode. Use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 off!
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. applied for four new trademarks with Pilotwings (here), Super Smash Bros. Brawl (here), and two GameCube controllers (here).
● Kadokawa Games announced a full Langrisser I & II remake for Nintendo Switch with all new graphics. The game is currently 50% complete.
● Nippon Columbia announced an all-new game based on all-new San-X characters called Gesshi~zu: Gajigaji Nakama wo Sodateyou, which was playable at Ciao Summer Festival this weekend.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced that Neko Tomo will release on 01 November priced at ¥6,156 with the early purchase benefit being Kuma Tomo outfits for both cats!
● Nintendo confirmed that the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Vehicle Kit will be compatible with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, with the Toy-Con Car, Pedal, and Key able to control any in-game vehicle in every game mode.
● DEEMO was also confirmed to receive future Nintendo Labo support with the Toy-Con Piano in a future update.
● Nintendo confirmed that the Nintendo Switch Online paid service will allow for voice chat during play sessions of Famicom/NES games if using the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app.
● Nintendo updated Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to Ver. 1.5.2 adding Elma and Corvin to Expansion Pass owners.
● Imaginative Technology Land announced an eShop-only puzzle game for 06 Septmber starring the LINE character Mendou daga Toriaezu (Mentori) with Mentori Puzzle.
● Diddy Kong will be added to the Mario Tennis Ace(s) online tournament in September, then available to all players from 01 October.
● Sega announced that SEGA AGES Phantasy Star will release on the eShop in September priced at ¥999.
● Koji Igarashi announced that Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will now launch in 2019, and that the PlayStation Vita version has been canned.
● Neko Tomo was dated for 01 November (see above), with the 3DS version priced slightly cheaper at ¥5,724.
● The latest Japanese 3DS themes saw new Marumofubiyori (called ‘I love you more than Marumofubiyori’) and Candy Moko themes. Pictures for both added here.
● The latest Monster Hunter Frontier ZZlivestream gives a 26 September release on Windows, PS4, PS3 and Vita, with the Wii U officially scrapped.
● And Nintendo are also no longer posting Wii U eShop charts on their website’s Topics pages.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt #4 begin, the new animals Elise, Gaston, Kidd, along with the new Civic theme, Bunnie’s Li’l Red Cookie, a Summertime Bug Catching goal event and a Horned Dynastid Event.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Bound Hero Battle: Micaiah & Sothe, Summoning Focus: Bound Hero Battle, New Heroes (Arrival of the Brave), Forging Bonds: Rejecting Destiny
● Super Mario Run saw Weekend Spotlight: Mario where all items you can get from Remix 10′s Super Bonus Game will all be related to Mario.
● Pokémon GO players will see the Legendary Pokémon Entei available as a Field Research reward task in September.
● Nintendo of Europe ran an Indie Highlights presentation with 16 Nintendo Switch games shown. Go to this post for the full list of titles and the video.
● Nintendo announced that Luigi’s Mansion will release in North America on 12 October and Europe on 19 October. Still no Japanese date.
● Nintendo of Europe announced a limited bundle of Super Mario Party for 23 November with game and Neon Green/Neon Pink Joy-Con.
● Nintendo Switch was the best-selling hardware in the U.S. for July in NPD data with OCTOPATH TRAVELER the best-selling hardware.
● GungHo announced that both Grandia HD Remaster and Grandia II HD Remaster are coming to Nintendo Switch this Winter.
● Humble Bundle and Gears for Breakfast announced A Hat in Time as ‘coming soon’ to Nintendo Switch.
● Deep Silver announced that Saints Row: The Third is coming to Nintendo Switch in March 2019.
● And Forks beat Spoons 2-1 in the North American Splatfest losing Votes 46.80% – 53.20%, winning Solo 51.62% – 48.38% and Team 50.31% – 49.69%.
● The Kirby Café will be making a return to Tokyo in September 2018.
● The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2 both won awards at CEDEC 2018.
● Nintendo announced The Legend of Zelda Concert 2018 for Tokyo on 22 November and 14 December, and Osaka on 25 November.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. are recruiting for a development director/planner and a development engineer for the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu.
● Watch NyaNyaNya! Neko Mario Time Episode #121 featuring Made in Wario Gorgeous, Overcooked! 2, Splatoon 2 and Splatoon Koshien 2019 here.
● Thanks everybody for following. Please also follow me on Twitter @japanese3ds, please buy me a coffee, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Nintendo Co., Ltd. have applied for two new GameCube controller trademarks in Japan (both using the images pictured above) for a number of purposes including game controller and home video game machine. Post updated with actual applications…
HORI have announced three designs in its new Classic Controller for Nintendo Switch range featuring Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda and Pikachu. All three are officially licensed wired USB controllers, and release in October priced at ¥3,218 apiece. Pictures added below…
Nintendo Co., Ltd. have applied for three new GameCube trademarks in Japan related to video gaming (not general merchandising) purposes including video game program and video game machine.
Other new trademark applications include 風花雪月 (related to the upcoming Fire Emblem game), 黄金の国イーラ (related to the upcoming Xenoblade 2 DLC), Sky Skipper (the old arcade game that releases on Switch in July), Fitness Boxing (the Imagineer game that will be localised in the west by Nintendo), NES (English word), Nintendo Entertainment System (English word), Game Boy (again English word) and two for Nintendo 3DS. Actual applications added below (in chronological order).