Pre-order the physical Dragon Quest 1+2+3 Collection for Nintendo Switch here and use the code JPNINTENDO for 5% off. The collection releases in October and contains the first three Dragon Quest games (Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line, and Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation) on one cart with English, Chinese, and Korean languages all included!
The latest issue of Jump Magazine reveals that Dragon Quest Builders 2 will add the main boss Malroth (Shidoo in Japan) from the Famicom classic Dragon Quest II (as seen in the above image from Dragon Quest Heroes I・II for Nintendo Switch). Furthermore, the game’s full title will be Dragon Quest Builders 2: God of Destruction Malroth and the Empty Island (Dragon Quest Builders 2: Hakaishin Shidoo to Karappo no Shima in Japan). Scan added below. Thanks to Siliconera.
Touhoku Daigaku Mirai Kagaku Gijutsu Kyoudou Kenkyuu Center Kawashima Ryuuta Kyouju Kanshuu: Motto Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training
Metal Slider Glory: Director’s Cut
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario World
Mother 2: Gyiyg no Gyakushuu
Notes: Period counted 17 – 23 August. No new entries from last week due to Obon holidays but plenty of sale games with more expected next week along with Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver., Dragon Quest III and Tachyon Project.
Weekly News Update with all the week’s Japanese Switch, 3DS, Wii U and Mobile news!
● Square Enix today announced Dragon Quest for Nintendo 3DS on 10 August, Dragon Quest II also on 10 August and Dragon Quest III in late August. This will make all mainline Dragon Quest games playable on a Japanese 3DS!
● Dragon Quest X 5000-Nen no Tabiji Harukanaru Furusato e Online was confirmed for both Nintendo Switch and Wii U on 16 November and marks the end of the Wii service and will be almost certainly the final ever Wii U retail release.
● Opening weekend sales for Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete were 2,080,806 with 1,130,468 on 3DS and 950,338 on PlayStation 4. Square Enix now have the number shipped at over 3 million if including digital sales.
● The final Dragon Quest announcement is for the sequel to the Minecraft-esque Dragon Quest Builders with Dragon Quest Builders 2 for Nintendo Switch adding up to four-player multiplayer, underwater, waterfalls, gliding and more.
● Capcom announced Biohazard Revelations: Unveiled Edition and Biohazard Revelations 2 both for Nintendo Switch (they will be sold separately in Japan) for a late 2017 release at retail and on the eShop.
● Capcom also announced a Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. demo for the Switch eShop for next week (10 August) with three quests available, local (not online) multi-player and around 1.8 GB space required.
● Mebius are remaking the the 20 million selling Famicom murder mystery adventure game J.B. Harold Murder Club as Keiji J.B. Harold no Jikenbo Murder Club also for 10 August on the Switch eShop.
● Plenty of new 3DS retail announcements with Persona Q2 from Atlus (no release date), Suichara 〜Sweets chara mode〜 Sweets Gakkou e Youkoso! from FuRyu (30 November) and Miracle Tunes! from FuRyu (9 November).
● Marvelous announced a Senran Kagura-themed pinball game entitled PEACH BALL: Senran Kagura for Nintendo Switch. No release date nor price at present. The eShop only title Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura will release in 2017.
● Zerodiv surprisingly released the vertical shoot-em-up Strikers 1945 for Nintendo Switch and the arcade game Gunbarich for Nintendo Switch this past week with more Switch games scheduled for the future.
● The Nintendo 3DS rogue-like RPG Quest of Dungeons is coming to the Switch eShop next week (10 August) courtesy of Flyhigh Works with Cube Life: Pixel Action Heroes coming to the Wii U eShop (9 August) from Teyon Japan.
● Hamster announced their upcoming ACA NEOGEO series line-up with The King of Fighters 2000 for next week and Magician Lord, Joy Joy Kid (Puzzled), Operation Ragnarok (Zed Blade), Raguy (Blue’s Journey), Miracle Adventure (Spinmaster) and Ryuuko no Ken (Art of Fighting) to follow.
● Finally, Nintendo Co., Ltd. have applied for trademarks in Japan for Famicom, Super Famicom, Nintendo 64 and Nintendo Switch images for the purpose of home video game machines. Thanks for following and check out the updated Release Schedule.
Square Enix have confirmed that Dragon Quest I-III will all release on Nintendo 3DS this month in Japan. Dragon Quest will release on 10 August priced at ¥648, Dragon Quest II will release on 10 August priced at ¥864 and Dragon Quest III will release in late August priced at ¥1,620. All mainline Dragon Quests will be playable on a Japanese 3DS by the end of this month. No news on any localisation at present.