FuRyu’s upcoming card game Cardfight!! Vanguard EX is now available to preload on the Japanese Nintendo Switch eShop priced at ¥6,784 (the regular price is ¥7,538), requiring 3.0 GB, supporting Japanese only, and launches on 19 September. A Digital Deluxe Edition is also available for ¥10,980. Pre-order the packaged version here – use the code JPNINTENDO for 5% off. Japanese trailer added below…
The second promo video for Cardfight!! Vanguard EX and featuring the boy band Argonavis. The game releases for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 on 19 September. Pre-order here and use the code JPNINTENDO for 5% off.
Back page magazine advert for Cardfight!! Vanguard EX taken from the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu. Order physical copies of the magazine here and the game here – use the code JPNINTENDO for 5% off all orders over $20!
The first promo video for Cardfight!! Vanguard EX which releases for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 on 19 September. The theme song is “BanG Dream!” by boy band Argonavis. Preorder the game here and use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 off.
FuRyu will publish Cardfight!! Vanguard EX for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 on 19 September priced at ¥7,538 with a free promo card as the early purchase benefit. Many thanks to Mii3DSBlog for the heads-up!
● After yesterday’s Yu-Gi-Oh! announcement from Konami, FuRyu today announced Cardfight!! Vanguard EX for both Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. The game is planned for release in Fall 2019, features an all-new story, an all-new protagonist in Izuru Shidou, along with the returning Aichi Sendou. Check out the teaser trailer here.
● Studio Nanafushi announced that early access for Version 5.00 of the ARPG Dead or School is now available (trailer here). The Steam version should be finished in March, with the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 versions (which were planned for March/April) will now release in August, with a packaged version planned.
● Team17 delivered a large free update to Overcooked! 2 which includes seven new kitchens, two new recipes (fruit platter and hot pot), two new chefs (fiery ornate Chinese dragon chef and pig chef), and the new Survival Mode. Update trailer posted here.
● New News Channels open on the Nintendo Switch include Nyanko Information Office (The Battle Cats), Tsukue de Ping Ping Channel, and Dragon Marked For Death Channel.
● Digital Extremes today delivered the huge free open world expansion, Fortuna, to the Nintendo Switch version of Warframe.
● Experience have said that Shiin (Death Mark) will be 50% off from 14 February where it will be ¥2,500 excluding tax (it’s ¥4,320 inclusive of tax, so there’s some mistake somewhere!).
● Nintendo UK said that the Lulu character video released last week for WarioWare Gold (Made in Wario Gorgeous) was the final one. View them all here.
● Dragalia Lost players today received a free Tenfold Summon Voucher in celebration of the Lunar New Year.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Pair Up Quests and Bound Hero Battle: Ishtar and Reinhardt both begin, plus new Special Heroes teased for later this week (silhouette image here).
● Kingdom Hearts III was the best-selling game in Japan during January according to Famitsu selling 640,406 units, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was second place with 414,092, followed by New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe with 336,439. Nintendo Switch was the best-selling hardware for the 11th consecutive month with 432,062.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. are recruiting here for 20 in-house game development positions in Kyoto, for both Nintendo game machines and mobile.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by -3.16% today to close trading at ¥31,240.00. They had rebounded by 5% yesterday after the huge 9% hammering on Friday.
● In an update to yesterday’s Capcom financials: Megaman 11 has sold 870K worldwide on all platforms, Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 has sold 920K, and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection has sold 800k.
● Curve Digital tweeted that Human: Fall Flat has reached five million sales worldwide across all platforms.
● A making the music of Team Sonic Racing video here.
● A Captain StarONE English trailer here and gameplay trailer here.
After numerous entries on Nintendo 3DS, FuRyu have announced a brand new Cardfight game, Cardfight!! Vanguard EX for both Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, releasing in Fall 2019. The game will feature a new protagonist, Izuru Shidou along with the returning Aichi Sendou, and an original story. Check out the teaser trailer below…
Cardfight!! Vanguard titles removed from the eShop
FuRyu will remove both the 2013 game Cardfight!! Vanguard: Ride to Victory!! (¥4,834) and the 2014 game Cardfight!! Vanguard: Lock On Victory!! (¥5,122) from the Japanese 3DS eShop next Wednesday (26 April) at 17:00 JST. No reason was given. Last year’s Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Stride To Victory!! is unaffected.