- You’ll first need to create a new Nintendo Account.*
- Create New User on your Switch (under System Settings) and link the accounts.
- Input the four digit code that has been emailed to you (check your Junk folder).
- Log-in to the Nintendo eShop and download some games!**
* I’ve posted images of the steps required to complete a new account. Remember to use a different email address than you used for your main account, to set the country/region to Japan, and to tick the box at the bottom that you agree to the terms.
** You can download demos and free software straight away, but you will need to purchase Nintendo eShop cards in order to purchase paid software. Buy your cards here (they’re in increments of ¥1,000, ¥1,500, ¥3,000, ¥5,000, and ¥9,000).
I’ve also posted images of the steps required to purchase Nintendo eShop cards. Just select the required card, select payment, pay, and receive your code instantly. Please note that the PayPal screen doesn’t correctly screengrab due to security reasons.
Go here to see a full list of Japanese Switch eShop games, along with the price in yen (you may also need a currency converter) and whether the games have English language support (all supported games have the 🇬🇧 flag after the title, publisher, and price).