japanese Software Charts Week 42
This week’s Japanese software charts sees Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit as the new number one game selling 73,918 units.
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit (Switch) – 73,918
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) – 34,547
- Ring Fit Adventure (Switch) – 27,303
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Switch) – 14,797
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) – 10,928
- Moon Premium Edition (Switch) – 10,154
- FIFA 21 (PS4) – 7,111
- Pokémon Sword & Shield (Switch) – 6,720
- Minecraft (Switch) – 6,471
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) – 6,301
Notes: Above data is thanks to Famitsu. Nintendo Switch hardware is at 95,852 units sold for the week (74,858 for the original model and 20,994 for the Nintendo Switch Lite) and Nintendo 3DS hardware is at 856 for the week (20 for the New 3DS LL and 836 for the New 2DS LL). New entries are bolded. No breakdown for the Mario and Luigi karts, but earlier indicators had Mario far higher.
Nintendo Switch releases next week include the physical version of Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer feat. The Legend of Zelda, a Neversong & Pinstripe double pack, low price versions of both Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Team Sonic Racing, and Takara Tomy Arts’ B-Daman successor, Cap Kakumei Bottleman.
This week’s full Nintendo-only data will soon be available at this link (usually posted on Fridays) and will include both this week’s numbers and lifetime-to-date numbers for both Nintendo software and hardware. Check out lifetime sales for all Nintendo hardware here and for the top-selling first-party Nintendo Switch software here.