Weekly Famitsu Magazine No.1658
This week’s Weekly Famitsu post including review scores, Famitsu Most Wanted, advert, and more. Buy physical copies of the magazine at this link.
This week’s magazine cover features the 5th anniversary of UNDERTALE (and the 3rd anniversary of the Japanese release) with 16 pages of coverage including cover artwork and comments by the game’s creator Toby Fox and artist Temmie Chang. Fox also updates the development status of DELTARUNE and releases a screenshot of Chapter 2 (scan here)! Chapter 2 production started a few months ago, although Fox states it will still take a while to complete.
Other feature Nintendo-related stories this week include 6 pages for the new ARPG MAGLAM LORD (which we recently wrote about here), the reveal of Kiki Kaikai Kuro Manto no Nazo (see this post for more details including scan), a KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory feature which reveals the game will receive no DLC, the Japanese release of the roguelike RPG Children of Morta (which gets a retail release on December 17), and others. There’s also a special commemoration feature on the Pokémon Twilight Wings anime including interviews with the production team and questionnaire results.
This week’s review scores included Atomicrops with 32/40, Birushana Senki ～Genpei Hika Musou～ with 33/40, Drink More Glurp with 27/40, Fight’N Rage with 31/40, Gleamlight with 26/40, No Straight Roads with 31/40, PGA Tour 2K21 with 32/40, Pro Yakyuu Famista 2020 with 33/40, and Ultra Hat Dimension with 29/40. Check out the full list of Switch review scores since 2017 until present day at this page.
Famitsu Most Wanted
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 (Switch) – 384
- Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) – 371
- Bravely Default II (Switch) – 325
- Bayonetta 3 (Switch) – 313
- Momotaro Dentetsu ～Showa Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban!～ (Switch) – 267
- Ushiro (Switch) – 226
- Rune Factory 5 (Switch) – 212
- Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (Switch) – 175
- Pro Yakyuu Famista 2020 (Switch) – 173
- Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & The Secret Fairy (Switch) – 159
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe (Switch) – 119
- New Pokémon Snap (Switch) – 117
- Shin Megami Tensei III NOCTURNE HD REMASTER (Switch) – 88
- Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Switch) – below 76
- Derby Stallion (Switch) – below 76
- Genshin Impact (Switch) – below 76
- KAMEN RIDER memory of heroez (Switch) – below 76
Breath of the Wild 2 is at number one for the fourth week with Shin Megami Tensei V up to number two! Ushiro is at #3 in the Newcomers chart with 382 votes with Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin at #5 with 299 votes. Check out previous weeks’ Famitsu Most Wanted posts at this link.
This week’s first party advert is a Super Mario special with Super Mario Odyssey, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! Check out past magazine adverts at this link.
Next week’s issue
The next issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine (out September 17 in Japan) is set to feature Ghost of Tsushima with developer interviews and surveys, plus the latest information for Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & The Secret Fairy.