Curse of the Sea Rats Coming to Japan
Petoons Studio have announced that they’ll be releasing the hand-drawn metroidvania Curse of the Sea Rats for Nintendo Switch in Japan.
Curse of the Sea Rats was funded 100% of its Kickstarter target in less than nine hours, with four days still left to run at time of posting. The world’s first ever “ratoidvania” game is scheduled for release in April 2021, with Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 seeing both a packaged and digital release in Japan, while the game will release digitally only on Steam and Xbox One. Check out the official Japanese trailer and a number of game features below…
- Classic hand-drawn animation like the golden era of Disney and Don Bluth.
- A perfect mix of 2D models crafted on a 3D game environment for a 2.5D side-scrolling platformer experience.
- Explore a huge map with hundreds of rooms, in a non-linear quest, solving puzzles,and fighting enemies in the coast of Ireland in 1777.
- 4 playable characters, jam-packed with weapons and special abilities to upgrade.
- Discover all the secret rooms, special items, and multiple endings.
- Single-player mode: more than 12 hours of gameplay for the main quest
- Local Co-Op Multiplayer mode: up to 4 players.
- Spectacular intros and animations to discover the story behind the characters.