Pity Pit Announced For Switch
Eastasiasoft have announced the 2D vertical platform game Pity Pit for release on the Nintendo Switch eShop worldwide on June 11.
Pity Pit is a unique spin on retro platforming, where the action goes vertical instead of horizontal, down instead of up! Pity Pit also releases for PlayStation 4 in the Americas on June 9, and PS4 in Europe and Xbox One worldwide on June 10. Prices will be ¥500 (US$4.99/€4.99). Check out the updated Schedule for a look at all upcoming Nintendo Switch games for Japan. Game description and trailer added below…
Procedural 2D platforming goes vertical as you dig, mine, craft and bomb your way downward! Take the role of Oratio, a Dwarf who enjoys hanging around the mines with his dear wife, until a demon spawns from a nearby pit and carries her away! Now it’s a race through the mines to get her back. Can you save Gwendoline from the Devil Johnson?
- Dig your way down through procedurally generated caves.
- Use pickaxes and shovels to navigate various block types.
- Mine ores to craft powerful tools and dangerous bombs!
- Collect random power-ups along the way.
- Dare to face 5 levels of hardcore challenge.
- Confront the Devil Johnson to rescue Oratio’s wife!