Daily Update: GBA/Wii U Trademarks
Today’s Daily Update looks at new GBA and Wii U trademarks from Nintendo, INDIE Live Expo 2020 announcements, Gold Dry Bowser, and more…
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. have applied for a number of new trademarks in Japan including Game Boy Advance and Wii U as the two most notable. The other five trademarks are for Wavebird, Excite Truck, Mii, and two for Paper Mario: The Origami King. Check out the actual applications at this post.
● The INDIE Live Expo 2020 over the weekend saw multiple new Nintendo Switch announcements including the 2D action platformer COGEN: Sword of Rewind, the voxel art action-RPG Hakoniwa Explorer Plus, and the horizontally scrolling RPG One Way Heroics Plus. The latter two both release on June 18 and are now available to preload. Check out the full list of games at this post.
● Mario Kart Tour added a Gold Pipe with 50 items including Gold Dry Bowser, Gold Egg, and Gold Crane all making their debut. The game also updated to Version 2.1.1 where Multiplayer courses now count toward completion of the “race in every course of every cup, including bonus challenges” Tour Challenge.
● Oizumi Amuzio announced they are localising the racing game MotoGP 20 for PS4 and Switch in Japan on August 27 priced at ¥7,980. The Switch version will be digital only. Check out the launch trailer here.
● Eastasiasoft announced they are publishing the 2D vertical platform game Pity Pit on the Switch eShop worldwide on June 11 priced at ¥500. Check out the trailer here.
● DANGEN Entertainment also announced they will be publishing the 2D action-RPG CrossCode for Switch, PS4, and Xbox One worldwide on July 9. Check out the trailer here.
● And Inti Creates CEO Takuya Aizu reconfirmed that they are developing new games, not ports (see our previous post). The ports have already been announced (Dragon Marked For Death for Steam, Blaster Master Zero 1 and 2 for PS4, and Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 for Steam).